Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I am so sorry to read that John passed on - but thankful that his pain is now gone. Please know that I will keep him and you, Karla, in my prayers.

John left us with so much - what seems to be a simple way to approach life is in truth a monumental mantra that provides a way to get past all the unimportant things we deal with on a daily basis.

We were - are - blessed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Karla,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my own wife back in 2000, so I understand many of the thoughts and feelings that run through one’s head. Please feel free to reach out if you ever want to chat.

Thank you so much for taking such good care of our internet friend. His love and respect for you was evident in many of his posts over the years.

John (and you) will never be forgotten for the good you have led many of us to.

Randy
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Iamhere] [#3]
John, rest in peace and thanks for sharing some of life's lessons.

Karla, I know it's been tough. Hang in there. Blessed be a good wife.

Odd I knew this post was gonna be here. There was a feeling.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Condolences Karla
God Bless you & yours
Rest In Eternal Peace John

Lord, give them strength and peace to go forward, fortify the lucky one's who knew and loved him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
So sorry to see that John passed.

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Sincerest prayers and condolences . . .
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By usjet:
My dear AR15 family
I ‘m sad to report John passed away on Christmas.  He was in no pain and went peacefully surrounded by family and friends.  I knew it was coming but when it did I was overwhelmed with grief.  I am still numb.  I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year, and like we’ve all heard the last couple of months “ find some good in the day “.
Karla
View Quote
May God Bless you and family Karla.  We're all here for you.  John taught us some very important things that I will never forget.

CMOS
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 3:07:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: samiam83] [#8]
I have no words that can make the pain and sorrow better, but know that John had tremendous impact on those of us here and I'm sure countless others as well.

ETA:  Best said here..

Originally Posted By Devious6:
I am so sorry to read that John passed on - but thankful that his pain is now gone. Please know that I will keep him and you, Karla, in my prayers.

John left us with so much - what seems to be a simple way to approach life is in truth a monumental mantra that provides a way to get past all the unimportant things we deal with on a daily basis.

We were - are - blessed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Karla, very sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace, John.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]

RIP John.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:
somehow I knew he'd make it to Christmas.
View Quote
I like your optimism, and based on this thread, know that John would too. I'm sad for Karla and John's friends and family, but I'm also selfishly sad this beautiful thread will end.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Karla:
We are all saddened, as are you and your family.
We have lived through Johns joys and pains. AND we learned!
You folks have touched the lives of many, many people here.
Please stay here with us under his user name...
Our condolences, prayers and sharing of the grief.
God Bless and Godspeed..
FN
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Karla,

Donna and I send our deepest condolences on John’s passing.  I have checked this thread more than once daily, hoping I wouldn’t see that post.

I hope you can see from the many posts in this thread that you are both loved very much and you have many you can reach out to for ANYTHING you need.   While I never had the privilege of meeting John, I grew to consider him a friend and a mentor.   His “finding the good” is something I’m trying to do in every day and sharing the philosophy with those around me.  I’m truly blessed to have found this thread when it started.

Prayers and hugs,

Rick
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Karla,
Words are inadequate to express my sorrow. We all knew it was coming but that doesn't mitigate the pain. I am so thankful to have known him even for so brief a time. My sincere condolences.
David
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Karla,
I am very sorry for your loss.
Ry
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Dear AR15 family,
I’m snowed in today and read your posts.  Thank you for what you wrote, it’s a comfort.  
Karla
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Thank you for continuing to follow up.

You are still in my prayers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Karla,

Prayers for comfort for you, and John’s family and friends.

I always thought that if I could make a difference in one person’s life then I would consider my life well lived. Consider myself a success.   From this thread alone I think John would be considered a rock star.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Rest in peace, John. Thank you for so much good that you have done.

Karla, please accept my deepest condolences.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Karla, please accept my condolences.  May time ease the pain and bring comfort.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#22]
My condolences Karla. I’m very sorry for your loss.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Karla I’m sorry for your loss. John was an inspiration to all of us.

I have been home all week for Christmas (and wedding planning) and have been trying to spend as much time as I could with our dog, who lost her fight with liver cancer this evening. She’s been uncomfortable and nauseous, just generally miserable, and so we knew today was the day. But earlier today, she rallied a little bit and went for a short walk through the woods with my dad and as they were walking away, I looked out the window and saw her trotting a few steps ahead of my dad with her tail held high and just enjoying the moment.

That was “the good” in an otherwise really bad day, and John truly inspired me to seek it out and appreciate it. That’s how I’m going to remember my pup. Thank you John.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#24]
My dear AR15 family
I ‘m sad to report John passed away on Christmas.  He was in no pain and went peacefully surrounded by family and friends.  I knew it was coming but when it did I was overwhelmed with grief.  I am still numb.  I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year, and like we’ve all heard the last couple of months “ find some good in the day “.
Karla
View Quote

Thank you for the update. Prayers for you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Dear AR15 family,
I’m snowed in today and read your posts.  Thank you for what you wrote, it’s a comfort.  
Karla
View Quote
May John’s memory be eternal!
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#26]
so sorry for your loss

i know john changed many lives on here, by his example and his testimony
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Karla, I can't express my gratitude to John. He taught me through his fight, what is really important in life. I will carry his mantra to "find the good every day" with me. His legacy really has changed so many of us. We were blessed to get to know him and I hope it will carry you through the tough days ahead. You are both very special people.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm so sorry for your loss Karla. John was a good man and had a way with words. I never met him in person but he had me strangely hooked on checking in on this thread daily. I can remember several days that I thought was turning out terrible until I read some of John's post. Several times I came home, turned the cell phone off and laid down in the floor to play with my 3yo all evening. It never took more than a few seconds to find the "good" John always challenged us to find. Sometimes we get too caught up in life to absorb the stuff that really matters and John had figured that out.

I'm glad he passed easy surrounded by his friends and family and i too believe it was the ultimate gift for it to happen on Christmas. I know from now on, Christmas will be a day I always remember to find the "good" and let the trivial stuff be.

Rest easy John,
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:29:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Thank you John. I'll see you on the other side brother.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Peace be with you
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:40:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Rest in peace John.  His sprit and attitude had an effect on my life.  My prayers are with your family tonight.

Thank you John.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:48:26 AM EDT
[#32]
FWIW, John and Karla taught me sooooo Much!. Thank you both!
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:55:37 AM EDT
[#33]
So very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#34]
We’re so sorry.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:47:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Karla - know that you are in our thoughts and prayers, that we are sending our strength and love. John will also remain in our prayers but I know he is watching over us now...expecting that we will never forget his challenge to us all.

I WILL find the good in every day.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Please know if you need anything, you pop in here and consider it done. We are all here for you.

RIP John
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Prayers for Everyone touched by John...
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:57:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Maine_11B_to_Nurse] [#38]
Has anyone made a GD notification post or one in The Memorial section? I’m limited to a crappy phone for posts right now.

ETA- I made a post in GD. Unable to link to this one from this phone.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Karla, I am very sorry for your loss.  This time of year can be tough on people in many ways, as those of us who have lost loved ones during the holidays know too well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Sorry to hear, and prayers sent.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Very sorry for your loss Karla.
I am glad I got to read John's thoughts and outlook, I am a better person because of him.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry to hear of his passing,

May you and your loved ones find comfort in all of this.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#44]
My deepest sympathy, Karla.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Karla I am truly sorry

John, I hope you are at peace.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Rest easy John.

I am so sorry Karla.

Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I am so  sorry for your loss. My ptayers and condolences to the family.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Prayers for you and your family. Sorry for your loss....

Mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Very sorry to hear of his passing.    May god be with you at this difficult time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I am so sorry for your loss, Karla. Your John was such a great speaker (er - typer), a brilliant thinker, and a kind and compassionate man. I don't know where you are with religion, but I have no doubt in my mind that John is in a better place, with both eyes seeing, and in no pain.

John mentioned to me that he planned to have one more Christmas a while back and knowing he achieved that is our Mr. John's Good Thing of the Day in my house. I want to thank you for being such an incredible helpmeet and partner and wife to John. It is comforting to know that you were there with him and that your life will go on as a testament to him. He's a part of you as surely as the leaves will return in the spring. I know you hurt right now but please please please greet each day with the confidence of knowing John would want you to be happy, to laugh, remember, breathe, take care of yourself, and live every single day of your life knowing that YOU are the good thing in it.

My family prays you will have more peace than wars waged within. We pray you will have more laughter than tears, more love than anger, more understanding than confusion, more answers than questions, more good than bad, more triumphing, living, healing, and that your grief will meet you as a gentle companion for the duration of its stay and not beat you up whenever the chance arises.

John left this world knowing love. He left this world knowing friendship. He left this world knowing that a million sunrises will never bring a soul around big enough to take his place here or anywhere else.  His mark is permanent on those of us who had the pleasure of learning from him, listening to him, and traveling alongside him on his journey. He taught us hope, acceptance, and humility and most of all --- that a man can meet his fate as gracefully as a golden eagle drifting on thermals. He made us love our wives/girlfriends/children/family and friends more. He made us look for a reason to smile on our worst days. He made us live each day like it was our last because it could be.

It's impossible for us to take away the pain you feel. But I hope you know that you can come here to this community any time day or night and we will see you, we will listen to you, we will try to help you in any way you need. We are here. Reach old. Any time. ANY time.

RIP, John. This place will never feel the same with such an integral piece missing.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top