User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's just "walnut" as in color. They are still basswood. It's a good look though.
View Quote

Basswood is good in a Schecter because their guitars in alder and mahogany run so heavy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's just "walnut" as in color. They are still basswood. It's a good look though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went back today. It turns out they were walnut, exactly like the link below. They were too busy for me to try it out today but I will pop back in later and see if it fits me.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/OM6WSN--schecter-omen-6-walnut-satin

Ah, I should have caught that. I was wondering how solid walnut could be that cheap or light. The guitar isn't really light, it just isn't "walnut" heavy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ah, I should have caught that. I was wondering how solid walnut could be that cheap or light. The guitar isn't really light, it just isn't "walnut" heavy.
View Quote

Both Schecters I've owned,  C-1 and PT variants, were heavier than a lot of Les Pauls.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Both Schecters I've owned,  C-1 and PT variants, were heavier than a lot of Les Pauls.
View Quote

Most of mine are mahogany and don't seem heavy to me, but I haven't ever bothered to actually weigh them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
So I have an Ibanez RG6003FM on the way! Flat Sapphire Blue.

Next up is an amp. Im looking at the Marshall Code50 and the Line 6 Spider IV . Both sounded great to me when my friend played through them. He bought the Marshall the day after we looked at them.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Orange micro dark it's small, & louder than you would think.
But it's still quiet enough to practice with & not bother anyone.
The headphone out can also do cab emulation and it has an effects loop.
The fender Bass breaker & mustang amps are pretty killer as well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check out the Orange micro dark it's small, & louder than you would think.
But it's still quiet enough to practice with & not bother anyone.
The headphone out can also do cab emulation and it has an effects loop.
The fender Bass breaker & mustang amps are pretty killer as well.
View Quote

Plus it has an effects loop.
I own a Spider. I think it's overhyped and the effects kind of uninteresting.
Marshall, Fender, Orange or Blackstar.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, as a Line 6 fan, the Spyder series isn't good for a new player. Better to get a good amp and build with pedals, move to multi fx later.  I use a Line 6 Firehawk but it's helps when programming it to have worked with an analog rig before. The Spyder is best when used with PC interface to program it though and not just using the presets.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, as a Line 6 fan, the Spyder series isn't good for a new player. Better to get a good amp and build with pedals, move to multi fx later.  I use a Line 6 Firehawk but it's helps when programming it to have worked with an analog rig before. The Spyder is best when used with PC interface to program it though and not just using the presets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had it to do over again, I would not have gotten the Spider V 240HC amp with its 4x12 cab.
But that's life.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If I had it to do over again, I would not have gotten the Spider V 240HC amp with its 4x12 cab.
But that's life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that's life.

It's not bad per se, just bad the way most people use it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Got it in today! Not sure but I believe the tuners may be an upgrade. Not a mark on it!

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks great!

I have never seen hipshot tuners come stock on an ibby, so yea, probably added.

Have you played it yet? You like the neck?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm liking the thin neck for sure. It is making my finger stretching exercises seem a bit easier. I can't really play much of anything right now other than a very sloppy 12 ish bar blues...?? But I'm working on it!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#14]
i played one of those in a shop once, only thing i disliked was the thin neck. i like the carve of the body.  Good score with the Hipshot tuners.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top