Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Learned two more songs. And kept my ass from driving into town to buy a parlor guitar.
Tom pettys apartment song and counting crows long December.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
wtg @protus! Unlike you, though, I did NOT keep myself from buying another bass. In fact, I spent four hours on the road (damn I hate driving through small towns) and 30 min in the store. The only reason it took that long is because I paid online and the guy had to act like the shipping guys and clear it out of the system for a store pickup.

Attachment Attached File

Now I have a fretted and fretless version of both the Precision and Jazz bass. (P, J, J, P)
Attachment Attached File

All for one thing.
Attachment Attached File

But you can't argue when the Universe speaks to you.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wtg @protus! Unlike you, though, I did NOT keep myself from buying another bass. In fact, I spent four hours on the road (damn I hate driving through small towns) and 30 min in the store. The only reason it took that long is because I paid online and the guy had to act like the shipping guys and clear it out of the system for a store pickup.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97217/fretlessp_jpg-711893.JPG

Now I have a fretted and fretless version of both the Precision and Jazz bass. (P, J, J, P)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97217/family_jpg-711894.JPG

All for one thing.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97217/odo_jpg-711895.JPG

But you can't argue when the Universe speaks to you.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97217/fortune_jpg-711899.JPG
View Quote
Hahaha.
Freaking GC has thier sales till next week. I keep eyeing the gretsch jim dandy. Its a 12 fret body/parlor. I want it for camping. Its on sale for 149. No need for it or the cordoba mini im eyeing except to be small. I need something to play during our 5 day trout fishing trip lmao.

And my buddy keeps egging me to buy a decent electric....so maybe by years end ill jump.
Im liking the ibanez AS53s. And 73 series.
Figure itll do decent for the music i like(classic,rock,country ,50s/60s ).
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Gigged last night in a place I havent played in 15 years , good crowd , had fun !
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Do it @protus!

I like how Sweetwater gives you the serial of the guitar so you can actually compare specific instruments and know exactly which one you're getting instead of a stock photo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hahaha.
Freaking GC has thier sales till next week. I keep eyeing the gretsch jim dandy. Its a 12 fret body/parlor. I want it for camping. Its on sale for 149. No need for it or the cordoba mini im eyeing except to be small. I need something to play during our 5 day trout fishing trip lmao.

And my buddy keeps egging me to buy a decent electric....so maybe by years end ill jump.
Im liking the ibanez AS53s. And 73 series.
Figure itll do decent for the music i like(classic,rock,country ,50s/60s ).
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49816/Screenshot_20181021-050335_Samsung_Internet_jpg-712018.JPG
View Quote
Pleeeeze do a review here of that Artcore if you get one... Thinking about one of those for my daughter who is currently jamming on a Yamamaha acoustic...
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pleeeeze do a review here of that Artcore if you get one... Thinking about one of those for my daughter who is currently jamming on a Yamamaha acoustic...
View Quote
Sub 300$ cant go wrong.
Problem with the reviews are its all jazz style players.. only one ive seen where a guy does metal solos etc
I hate when its one style.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Learning Seasons by Chris Cornell.  I'm close.  Having a hard time picking up and down the strings.  I kinda screwed myself putting down the pick for so long and finger picking.  Almost there though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sub 300$ cant go wrong.
Problem with the reviews are its all jazz style players.. only one ive seen where a guy does metal solos etc
View Quote
I think our members do a better real world review with less bong hits than the avg youtubers (except SoloD I dig his stuff!)
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Benefit for St Judes Childrens Hospital this saturday , going to be a good time .
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Was all jazzed, I picked up a mint condition Yamaha CS2X keyboard off fleabay....had one years ago, but it got stolen at a gig. Loved it, too, and the next gen (6x) wasn't as good, really for live performance but I made do.

It got here last night, and I noticed the box looked pretty hammered. I opened the box and broken plastic fell out. Ugh. The UPS goons crushed this box, even through 4" of closed cell foam, it crushed the end of the keyboard on both ends, and fractured one of the internal boards....it's dead.

The only insult worse than that, is trying to get ahold of a claim person at UPS....motherfuckers make it next to impossible. Got transferred to a person 6 times, only to have the hold line hang up on me.

Filed a claim online, hopefully I get my money back soon. FUCK! Back to the search.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think our members do a better real world review with less bong hits than the avg youtubers (except SoloD I dig his stuff!)
View Quote
Itll be me strumming on it like a drunk downs syndrome chimpanzee ... while screaming im a rock star waiting for my wife to throw her bra at me.......
So pretty much a good arfcom review
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked up a power supply, so now I feel liberated and no longer have my pedals eating through 9v. I swear the pedals sound better, too.

Gonna be a lot of noodlin happening
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Was all jazzed, I picked up a mint condition Yamaha CS2X keyboard off fleabay....had one years ago, but it got stolen at a gig. Loved it, too, and the next gen (6x) wasn't as good, really for live performance but I made do.

It got here last night, and I noticed the box looked pretty hammered. I opened the box and broken plastic fell out. Ugh. The UPS goons crushed this box, even through 4" of closed cell foam, it crushed the end of the keyboard on both ends, and fractured one of the internal boards....it's dead.

The only insult worse than that, is trying to get ahold of a claim person at UPS....motherfuckers make it next to impossible. Got transferred to a person 6 times, only to have the hold line hang up on me.

Filed a claim online, hopefully I get my money back soon. FUCK! Back to the search.
View Quote
That sucks man , I got a late 30's Masco PA head coming friday , shipped from Cali to Jersey ,now  Im a little worried
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Learned 2 more songs....

And purchased another fucking guitar.
I wanted some small..campfire  ,hike,camp etc.
Bought a stupid cirdoba mini 129$ with gig bag,strap etc.
Its like a big ukelele. More or less. May change out strings later...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Working on honing my sight reading chops. I'm trying hard to avoid tablature so I can stick to just reading music.

I'll probably start working on transcribing the bass line to "Mack the Knife" today.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Friend's band opened for Black Heart Saints and Hold on Hollywood last night in Houston. I had seen BHS open for Steel Panther earlier in the year, great band.  HOH wasn't really my thing but still a good show.  It was a real Schecterfest interestingly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new Ampeg PF-500 head and trying to figure out which cab to go with it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Just sound stuff. First shot taken after backline load in for Robert Randolph and the Family Band, second shot is from the show.

I was doing monitors. M32 console, Clair wedges, Sennheiser IEMs...kerosene heaters that we never turned on
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Now I'm trying to decide which cab to pair with this.

Attachment Attached File

The PF-115HE was sounding sweeeeet today! Really wish I could find the PF210-HE somewhere local to compare.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got a classical gig this weekend, Schubert, R. Vaughn Williams, etc.  Will be performing with the Akai EWI
(Electronic Wind Instrument).  I'll be using English Horn, Flute, Trumpet, other acoustic instrument sounds (aka
"patches" in synthesizer speak).
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Sitting in with my Buddy's country band tomorrow night and a Sunday gig with my blues band
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Spent time entering chord progressions and such. Into my cheat book for songs.
Flooded my head trying to learn pink houses,honky tonk woman,  sympathy for the devil ,ramblin man and the GOT theme.
Ive been off so i figured to cram shit in...
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Ugghhh..
Paint it black.
Intro will take a bit..but the rest i got.
But switching through 5 chords fast gave me cramps after 30 minutes of playing it.
But b7 is one ,a long with Dm that hang me up.
Dm aint in PIB but is in the got theme.
So im forcing my self to learn the changes fast.
B7s gotten easier but..in PIB is from a Em so its not as bad as say going from an A to b7.

Oh well...the journey continues...
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#25]
If all goes well, I'll be heading south to pick up my new bass cab.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I didn't survive Sweetwater's Black Friday deals unscathed. Picked up a scratch/dent American tele for $499, EZDrummer & expansion pack, some cool studio/desk hardware & stands for my monitors, and a controller & expression pedal for my Katana 100. Pretty good haul for way less than $1k.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:22:52 AM EDT
[#28]
putting a SD stringmaster PU in an 40's vintage Oahu lap steel
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#29]
What genre and any effects in the loop? Nice amp/cab btw!
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What genre and any effects in the loop? Nice amp/cab btw!
View Quote
Thanks! No specific genre. I'm up for anything.

No effects yet, other than a Keeley Bassist compressor. I had an Ernie Ball volume pedal in the mix but my dog kept stepping on it and I kept having to figure out why nothing was coming out until I remembered to check the pedal. Other than that, just a tuner (TU-3) and noise gate. I've really heard some cool stuff with an envelope filter so I might try one. I have a Ditto Looper but I can't seem to get it to work.

I also have an ABY switch to route the signal either straight to the amp, to my audio interface for recording, or both.

I guess I could've just posted this.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#31]
More songs under my belt..forcing myself to play different stuff with odd ball chords.
Learned some moody blues, rhcp, and more stones songs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#32]
practicing 5string sweep picking this week. i'm great on 3 and 4 string sweeps, but slower on 5 strings.
been jamming to blues in lesser played keys as well. b, f, f#. using E, E flat, D standard tunings.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll finish up an amp patch panel I'm making (if my jack order gets here) so that I can hook up all 4 amp heads and a rock crusher, and send them downstairs to 3 cabinets, that will be permanently mic'd up, and snaked back tup to my console.

Hopefully we will set up some drums and do some recording over the weekend. I got in a set of violet amethyst mics for room mics, and a violet globe to use as an outside the kick mic. Can't wait to hear how they sound.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Working on a new mix. Might need to upgrade my SSD. 106 tracks and I'm suffering from I/O issues on the disk reads.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Working on a new mix. Might need to upgrade my SSD. 106 tracks and I'm suffering from I/O issues on the disk reads.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97217/city-lights_png-770293.JPG
View Quote
Only 106? :)
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Baby steps.

Now I need to crack my Mac open and see what's inside. I thought I'd put an 850 EVO in it but I might be mistaken. Need mo faster.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Just picked this up for my brother, for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Someone's gonna be happy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#39]
fender tweed amps...
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#40]
working on barre chords tonight. really letting every note ring out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Got a gig at a local roadhouse
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Someone's gonna be happy.
View Quote
Yeah, he’s been setting up an in-home studio since last Christmas. I figure this (faux) Esquire will give him more tones to work with.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Rehearsal tomorrow 12-4 give or take..
Gotta work the harmonies for the X-mas tunes.
Gigs Fri & Sat both top dollar!
Gotta sound good and be tight on the tunes ya only play once a year.
St. Patrick's day is the same drill...
Shine up the Irish tunes..
...and the band played on...
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Picked up a Bugera T5 Infinium mini/5w head for recording/practice. Pretty mind-blowing for the low cost. I have it going into a 2-12 Randall cabinet I've been partial to, and wow is about all I can say. I'd have honestly felt decently served if I spent $500 on a head that sounds that good, but $150? For a tube rig? Pretty wicked. Gonna get some recording done with it soon, will report back how it does but it's very good (sort of reminds me a blend of a Mesa at low-wattage crossed with a Twin, lots of V-shaped tone and bell-like upper tone). Responds really well to a good pedal sound in front of it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#45]
The Celestion Neo Creambacks I ordered showed up this week. So this weekend I plan on throwing them in my 1960A and trying them out. I'll also be pulling the G12T75s out of my newer 1960B and going all V30 in it for the time being (it currently has V30s & T75s in it). But if I like the Neo Creambacks, I'll end up replacing those V30s with more Neos, and will be using those cabs in my band instead of the heavy ass Mesa Recto cabs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#46]
My saxophone ensemble will be playing at "Celebration in the Oaks" at City Park in New Orleans
Saturday night.  We've been a regular there for many years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WME43h5lGNc

I'll be performing on alto and tenor saxophones.  Others will be playing from soprano down to baritone
saxophones.

Kinda like a string quartet, but we play much better music.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Picked up a "new to me" horn.  A 1958, Conn 80a, in fantastic shape.  There are a lot of them out there, but most have been used a lot, and it's rare to find one this nice.  This was a very cool, and popular cornet among the jazz crowd, back in the day.  And it still is.

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Threw the Neo Creambacks into my 1960a and they sound great! Compared to the V30s in the 1960b next to it, they're more compressed, the mid hump is a little higher in the frequency spectrum, and the bass is tighter (I realize that some of that is the differences in the cabs, but what I'm hearing is more than just that). But this makes sense, since guys like Pete Thorn describe them as sounding like broken Greenbacks. I may switch another cab over to them and start using them in my band instead of those heavy ass Mesa Recto cabs. They do lighten up a 4x12 considerably.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sub 300$ cant go wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sub 300$ cant go wrong.
Guess I'll have to do the review after Christmas...scored one in Tobacco with the correct Ibanez case for $160 off Clist for my daughter. In mint condition..
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#50]
new strings day. its the simple things...
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top