Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2017 8:59:04 AM EDT
My uncle passed away this year and my Aunt has begun cleaning out and packing to move.

Yesterday she gave me a Yamaha RGX 312
Crate G60
Crate G10
Bently banjo
An old parlor sized acoustic he got as a kid.
A Korg multi pedal effect thingy and lots of strings, cables, etc.

I know the instruments are all entry level and will give my little girl the small guitar.  My son got a guitar for Christmas and now I have one to play with.  I had been thinking about getting one anyway.

Clearly not a case of a lost musical treasure but very cool.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome. I have been given a few instruments before.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats! Like you say, entry level stuff, but we all started off that way, and they'll serve you well. 
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Right On!

My very first guitar experience I barely remember.  My dad was a rocker from way back.. He played in bands with my uncle and had all these ld vintage guitars back in the day. Well he was drafted in 65' and married my mom in 70' and I came along in 71.  We all lived in a small apartment when I was an infant that caught on fire.  One of the things that was damaged was his 1964 Gibson Firebird.  For years after we moved and bought a house, he kept it in a case under the bed.  When I was little I would mess around with it, I only remember opening the case and it was too big to pick up and it smelled like smoke.  Eventually he trashed it I guess.  But my whole family played music.  So my dad, uncles and cousins all had guitars.  

When I was 8 my grandmother bought me a junior sized Sears acoustic.  And when I was 13 I got a cheap Cort brand Strat copy from my grandfather with a small transistor amp.

Over the last 40 years I have bought, sold, traded a plethora of gear and that old cheap acoustic started a lifetime of enjoying the arts of music.  I wish I had that guitar now.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The G60 isn't terrible.  For its time and its price point it was actually a pretty good and rather popular amp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top