Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2017 8:53:37 PM EDT
I have been using justinguitar.com.  Not my cup of tea.

What have I been doing to teach myself guitar?  Pentatonic scales, D-A-E-C-G chords, and transitions between them.  I have been slowly working through a book called guitar finger gym.

What do I hope to get from this?  I want to be able to sit around and strum on a guitar.  I don't want to gig, or practice to "memorize" songs I like.  I want a structured lesson structure that I can watch and practice in the evenings.

I can't afford 1 on 1 lessons. They are about $120/month...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't use any lesson sites, but I do subscribe to songsterr. I've found it to be incredibly helpful for learning new songs and their tabs to be pretty on point.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out creativeguitarstudio.com, he also has a youtube channel and offers up plenty of free lessons, from beginner all the way up. Did I mention it's totally free?

You can pay for lessons or send him some money via paypal if you're so inclined, he does it all and covers many styles and offers video and audio, and provides tab to download and play to or along with.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Erich Andreas stuff on YouTube. His YouTube is "yourguitarsage" he has tons of vids. If you go to his site, he has his first 30 lessons free.
It's worth checking out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out licknriff on youtube.
He does a fingerpicking style.
Beginner thru advanced..
Good luck & keep at it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been using JustinGuitar.com off and on for years.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Got a PS4 / XboxWhatever?... Rocksmith is somewhat fun and actually teaches a bit.  My kids enjoy it more than other teaching methods and have learned quite a bit.... I have as well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Fender just rolled out a new web-based instruction program. I've not signed up and get no kickbacks for promoting it. My brother in law is one of the instructors and curriculum designers. He did give me a guitar pick, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as a kickback.

https://www.fender.com/play
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:33:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I've learned a ton from http://www.licknriff.com/
He has a new free "note by note" lesson out about each week.
Also find him on YT as licknriff.
Good luck..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top