Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 8:49:38 PM EDT

I flew from Cincinnati, down to TN.  It was like this the entire way.  When I got down there, 122.8 was a constant squeal.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#1]
We flew from Atlanta to KBNA....for business, not eclipse viewing.  They had flow control with edict times etc getting to BNA.  It was a madhouse at Atlantic everyone was on the ramp to see the eclipse.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone else posted this shot.  Controllers were not giving any flight following, and denying some IFR clearances.  None were being given by radio.  You had to call it in.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Long line of planes waiting to leave Madras after eclipse
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in Sparta Tn. yesterday. They had hundreds of planes from jets to 150's lined up 2 deep down in from of the hangers. Sparta was listed on the AOPA as one of the best places to watch the eclipse. It was 100% and was very cool.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in Sparta Tn. yesterday. They had hundreds of planes from jets to 150's lined up 2 deep down in from of the hangers. Sparta was listed on the AOPA as one of the best places to watch the eclipse. It was 100% and was very cool.
View Quote
I hunted around for a less attractive place,  and went to Lafayette.  There were more cars than planes.   Chamber of commerce was cooking burgers.  Live music in the hangar.   It was very nice.   There was no parallel taxiway,  though,  so when the totality ended,  I got the hell out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top