Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree.  The most I taste is of the wrapper itself, not the draw.  Just where the cigar touches my lips.

The smoke from various ones can smell different but I don't taste anything other than burnt-ness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess this is as good a place to ask as any...

How do you guys taste anything other than "smoke"? Reading cigar descriptions online and in catalogues is like reading descriptions of wines and liquors..."fruity with a smooth draw, with hints of chocolate and mesquite in the aftertaste".

Every single cigar that I have ever smoked has tasted the same: burning smoke. Brand was irrelevant, from Acid to Gurkha, Montecristo to H. Uppmann, Cohiba to Romeo y Julieta, I never tasted anything other than smoke.
Agree.  The most I taste is of the wrapper itself, not the draw.  Just where the cigar touches my lips.

The smoke from various ones can smell different but I don't taste anything other than burnt-ness.
I had this problem until I learned how to properly light a cigar.  It takes time and patience, but if done properly, you get ride of the burnt taste.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Never. I think they stink
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't.  Never have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the 2 posters above...Do you smoke cigarettes?
I don't.  Never have.
Me, either.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#5]
2-3x week
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Couple a week. Usually when I'm tinkering in the shop.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had this problem until I learned how to properly light a cigar.  It takes time and patience, but if done properly, you get ride of the burnt taste.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess this is as good a place to ask as any...

How do you guys taste anything other than "smoke"? Reading cigar descriptions online and in catalogues is like reading descriptions of wines and liquors..."fruity with a smooth draw, with hints of chocolate and mesquite in the aftertaste".

Every single cigar that I have ever smoked has tasted the same: burning smoke. Brand was irrelevant, from Acid to Gurkha, Montecristo to H. Uppmann, Cohiba to Romeo y Julieta, I never tasted anything other than smoke.

I have noticed that how you light them makes a big difference in how burnt they taste.  I don't use the butane lighter anymore, wooden matches and lighting it slower seem to make it taste less burnt
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it fitting my first post on this forum will be in the cigar section.

I smoke once a week in good weather like Spring or Fall where I can sit outside without a coat.

So right now, (winter) not much smoking. Here in Alabama, February - April are great smoking months.

I'm sitting on a humidor full of Rocky Patel Edge cigars, and a few Vega Finas' that I'm looking forward to burning as soon as it warms up a bit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:09:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Usually one every two weeks or so in the nice weather. I spend the winter months refilling the humidor.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Think I’ve had 2-3 in my lifetime so definitely approaching addict status.

Only 1 of them was a quality cigar.  But honestly it wasn’t about the cigar but hanging out with a buddy of mine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
One every couple weeks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:23:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I try to limit myself to one a day during the winter, two a day during the summer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:37:48 AM EDT
[#13]
On range trips.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:43:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I just got back into cigar smoking after a long break. I smoke one when I really feel like it and weather is good. Wanted to smoke one tonight as it has been about a week, but a bit too cold. I need to get more cigars for my humidor as I dont have much.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I smoke 1 or 2 on work days, smoked a 6 x 60 Torano Signature this morning 2/3 done, and I'll finish it on the way home. I usually smoke 3 to 5 a day from morning to early morning when at my sisters as I can smoke indoors. If I'm there I usually smoke smaller cigars so I almost chain smoke there. If I'm off and at home some days none, because It's to hot to sit outside, so it's not worth it to me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully I will get to later today. I had a cuban Bolivar Royal corona a few days ago. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#17]
One or 2 on the weekends. Usually Friday or Saturday.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I was up to 4-5 a day on weekends and 1 after work. Too dam many and the after stink plus ashes was pretty bad. I switched to a pipe with filters. The lesser of the evil of smoking I imagine.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:54:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Just had three this evening with the guys. Balmoral Anejo XO, Balmoral Connecticut, and a Papas Freitas as a night cap.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top