Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 7:10:21 PM EDT
To visit our local cigar shop. Rumor is they may be bringing some Pappy VanWinkle.

Should I go?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Jonathan Drew is a hipsters idol. He sold out to Swisher, he's a dbag.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jonathan Drew is a hipsters idol. He sold out to Swisher, he's a dbag.
View Quote
Good to know. So I should definitely drink his booze to make him pay for his poor judgement?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you go op?

A couple years ago he came to the CI Hamburg store.  He seemed like a decent enough guy.  I mean he did stand there greating, talking to, signing boxes etc for well over 100 people in line and kept a smile on his face.  He seemed to enjoy the interaction with his fans / supporters.

I enjoyed going to the event.

Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
For Drew Estates...check out their Kentucky Fire Cured line.  They are awesome.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The event is on 8/24. I bought a ticket for myself and our winemaker. Not sure who will be there from Drew and this is the 5th anniversary of the Cigar Cave so it should be a good party. I'll give an AAR if I can.

My wife just told me we are going to a winemakers dinner for her birthday that night. I put this on the calendar before she brought up the dinner so I should be good to go to miss it!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw an ad for a barn smoker (?) in LA in November. For $90 you get food and drink and another $10 gets you 10 cigars.

Larutan NDB
Larutan Dirt Torpedo
Florida Sun Grown Toro
Pappy Van Winkle Barrel Fermented Toro
Pappy Van Winkle Barrel Fermented Edition Limitada
Pappy Van Winkle Tradition Toro
Pappy Van Winkle Tradition Lonsdale
Kentucky Fire Cured Flying Pig
Liga Privada Unico Serie Velvet Rat
Liga Privada Unico Serie “A”

Haven't tried any of them before, but it sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for the late reply. The event was interesting. It was crowded, loud and loaded with cigars. There weren't any screaming deals but they did have some of the hard to get sticks. I wound up getting a dozen new sticks and received 2 free sticks on top of that. No free food or booze just a loud sales event with a couple free sticks if you bought 10 or more.

If I go again I will get there earlier to get a seat up wind...
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Fwiw, one of the swag sticks was a sun grown flying pig. Last night I lit it up for my 19th wedding anniversary and it flat out rocked. I paired it with some port we just bottled and was blown away. I will be buying more of those!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top