Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2017 1:30:23 PM EDT
Supposedly these cigars are factory seconds of a very popular brand. I love these cigars and so does everyone I give a stick to. Anyone know what brand they actually are if they aren't the factory throwouts?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They're out of JC Newman. I believe their factory in FL. Which for some reason, I keep thinking is machine-mades only.  

I'll look at more documentation tonight and see if I can fill in any more gaps.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
one of my favorites and a smoking deal!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Where do you buy them from?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where do you buy them from?
View Quote
Can usually find them on Cigarbid for around $1 per stick but they have had some computer issues lately with order processing. I have ordered from them CI and Thompson mostly.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/FACTORY-THROWOUTS-NO59-SUN-GROWN-LONSDALE-SWEET/83315.uts
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Can usually find them on Cigarbid for around $1 per stick but they have had some computer issues lately with order processing. I have ordered from them CI and Thompson mostly.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/FACTORY-THROWOUTS-NO59-SUN-GROWN-LONSDALE-SWEET/83315.uts
View Quote
Thanks Brother....
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#6]
From some comments I've read the Don Rafael Fumas Lonsdale Connecticut Sweet are what the factory throwouts really are. They can be found Here
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered some of these, they are definitely not the same cigar and nowhere near as sweet.
With that being said these Don Rafael's are my go to. So smooth, great flavor, even burn and smell fantastic.
Quoted:
From some comments I've read the Don Rafael Fumas Lonsdale Connecticut Sweet are what the factory throwouts really are. They can be found Here
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I smoke the 49 throw outs,

I cut one open and it was bit and pieces of Tobacco not long leaf.

Also it had a paper wrapper underneath the super thin cigar leaf, which at this point am unsure if it is even tobacco leaf.

Either way I still puff em.

Cut one open and see what you find out, I'm curious to know.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't cut one open yet??
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Haven't cut one open yet??
View Quote
Just got to it. The don rafael is wrapped with just the leaf, no paper(which I also discovered in the #59, like you did with the 49). Learn something new every day...

The tobacco in the don rafael is long cut, not bits and pieces. I'm even more sold on these now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:18:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ordered some of these, they are definitely not the same cigar and nowhere near as sweet.
With that being said these Don Rafael's are my go to. So smooth, great flavor, even burn and smell fantastic.
View Quote
anyone have a source for less than 80 of these? I'd like to try them it don't wanna invest in that kinda volume with no way to store them (occasional smoker no humidor right now)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top