[#1]
outstanding.
gurkhas are my "go to" smoke.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

outstanding.

The only Gurkhas I've had before are the King Loui XII ones. The ones i just got off of cigar bid are the Legend 2001, they sound tastey. Anyone ever had them before?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
outstanding.

The only Gurkhas I've had before are the King Loui XII ones. The ones i just got off of cigar bid are the Legend 2001, they sound tastey. Anyone ever had them before?

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

outstanding.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Kind of the "go away" smoke around here.

I do like the beasts & centurions if they don't explode though

Go get a five pack or two of camacho corojo's & corojo limiteds then report back.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have smoked a Ghurka Black Dragon before and enjoyed it enough to buy it two more times. Most on here hate them though, I say smoke whatever you enjoy since we all have different tastes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have smoked a Ghurka Black Dragon before and enjoyed it enough to buy it two more times. Most on here hate them though, I say smoke whatever you enjoy since we all have different tastes.

This is the correct answer as posted by Ecko. Everyone is different.

I repeat, Ghurks equals
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:41:27 AM EDT
[#8]
You all can just quit faking it!!!

If you posted you know you love them 'Gag'as.
You must because you send them to me.

Most are not smokeable but....

I tried a Beast and Empire just to shut FRIGID up and they were passable.
I will not be adding them to my "to get" list but didn't make me throw up in my mouth a little when smoking them.
There was one more that wasn't bad but it left such an impression, I can't remember it's name...but I do have one more so I'll update this if it's reall necessary.

But I still follow the mantra you all should repeat....

"Friends don't let friends smoke Ghurkas!!"

Echo
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:45:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:47:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This forum has fallen on hard times.  

Need me to send you a Ghurka????
Just to make you feel better?
I have this one I can't seem to remember its name I can donate.....or....

Is it OWL TIME?!?!?

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:15:30 AM EDT
[#11]
For me, Ghurka's are like Lucy and the football. One or two are nice, but then they jerk away the football. **BANG! DAWG ROCKET!!!**
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
This forum has fallen on hard times.  

Need me to send you a Ghurka????
Just to make you feel better?
I have this one I can't seem to remember its name I can donate.....or....

Is it OWL TIME?!?!?

I will destroy you.

Honestly I need to sit down and smoke more cigars.  My collection is ample and well seasoned, just wish I had more opportunity to smoke.

Is that a threat???

BBBUUUUHHHAAAA!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I will not be adding them to my "to get" list but didn't make me throw up in my mouth a little when smoking them.

There was one more that wasn't bad but it left such an impression, I can't remember it's name...but I do have one more so I'll update this if it's reall necessary.

Echo

Well ill give these a try and see how they turn out. If they suck no big loss, got them for around 2 bucks a stick.

I keep hoping to stumble across some of the congiac dipped ones on cbid cause those are tastey.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#15]
It's embarrassing to know you sometimes
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:35:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:03:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Back in the day, I would save my Ghurkas because they were supposed to be the "Roles Royce" of cigars. Then I smoked a couple & was not impressed at all. They turned out to be more like the 1989 Mazda 323 of cigars!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Echo

Well ill give these a try and see how they turn out. If they suck no big loss, got them for around 2 bucks a stick.

I keep hoping to stumble across some of the congiac dipped ones on cbid cause those are tastey.

Don't stress, everyone who's ever found Cigar International has ordered a pack of Ghurkas at some point.

Im not too concerned, I bought some CAO blacks off cbid awhile back them read the poor reviews they got on here. once they arrived and i smoked one they wernt as bad as i was led to belive. I wouldnt pay more than a buck a piece for them (which i didnt) nor go out of my way to get them again. They wernt BAD but they wernt the A #1 stogie that CAO seemed to think they were. Guess in the future ill stick to RP's and Olivia's.

only way to find what you like is to try as many as you can. thats what i've always thought.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 6:27:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It's embarrassing to know you sometimes

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

OP you might want to try one of Cigar Internationals (also check www.cbid.com) for the Kitchen Sink sampler. Sounds like you need to nail down what you like and dislike.

Ill take a look around for that. I have a number of cigars that I like, (Onyx, Illisone, and some of the Macanudos) problem is is that i never see them on cbid, and investing a couple boxes of these is out of the question untill I have both more money and a cooler.

I seem to see 5 vegas on Cbid a lot. They any good, never really heard of them before.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I've not fallen completly off the deep end.....yet.

I find myself bidding on way more than needed but did win my first auction last week for a 5 pk of Oliva V Torpedos last week...

then after reading this post last night I won an auction for 5 pk of Cain Daytonas....

I am on the edge and about to fall off... Need help!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I find myself bidding on way more than needed but did win my first auction last week for a 5 pk of Oliva V Torpedos last week...

then after reading this post last night I won an auction for 5 pk of Cain Daytonas....

I am free to give you a little push......the others at the bottom are getting lonely!

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Pretty sure Echo raved about that beast.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OP you might want to try one of Cigar Internationals (also check www.cbid.com) for the Kitchen Sink sampler. Sounds like you need to nail down what you like and dislike.

Ill take a look around for that. I have a number of cigars that I like, (Onyx, Illisone, and some of the Macanudos) problem is is that i never see them on cbid, and investing a couple boxes of these is out of the question untill I have both more money and a cooler.

I seem to see 5 vegas on Cbid a lot. They any good, never really heard of them before.

5 vegas is CI/Cbid/Cigar.com's house brand, which is why they are everywhere and in most of their samplers. Supposedly the AAA one is alright, I have one sitting in the bottom of my Humi from a sampler pack that otherwise was great, and I haven't ventured deep enough to devote any time to it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I had one of the Cains (cant remember which one) a while back, didnt care for it. Oliva's on the other hand are a great smoke, at least i thought so.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5 vegas is CI/Cbid/Cigar.com's house brand, which is why they are everywhere and in most of their samplers. Supposedly the AAA one is alright, I have one sitting in the bottom of my Humi from a sampler pack that otherwise was great, and I haven't ventured deep enough to devote any time to it.
Avoid 5 Vegas in general save for the AAA which is...okay.

Doesn't seem like they offer the kitchen sink currently. If you know if you like full/medium/mild cigars, you can pick up some pretty decent samplers.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1234592/Full-Bodied-Frenzy-II-Sampler-20-Cigars/ Full

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1234622/The-Mild-Mellow-2-Sampler-12-Cigars/ Mild

Thanks Slavac, ill check those out.

My wallet just called, it said it hates you

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Avoid 5 Vegas in general save for the AAA which is...okay.

Doesn't seem like they offer the kitchen sink currently. If you know if you like full/medium/mild cigars, you can pick up some pretty decent samplers.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1234592/Full-Bodied-Frenzy-II-Sampler-20-Cigars/ Full

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1234622/The-Mild-Mellow-2-Sampler-12-Cigars/ Mild

Thanks Slavac, ill check those out.

My wallet just called, it said it hates you

Oh Jesus wept, I'm turning into Echo.

TeeHee......et ez vurking......

Dey arz turning into Echo!!!!

Bbbbbbuuuhhhhhaaaaa!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Well the stogies have arrived.

they look decent enough, ill let them rest in the humidor for a week or so then light one up and give you all a review.

on a side note, my humidor is now completely full, im gonna have to pick up a cooler this weekend
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

they look decent enough, ill let them rest in the humidor for a week or so then light one up and give you all a review.

on a side note, my humidor is now completely full, im gonna have to pick up a cooler this weekend

Hehehehehe.........

AH......when will they lear to listen....

Say it with me.....

BUY TWICE AS LARGE AS YOU EVER THINK YOU WILL THINK ABOUT NEEDING!!!!
Get the biggest one you can find!!!

Echo
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hehehehehe.........

Say it with me.....

Echo

Thats the plan.

I figure if i get a small one it'll just get filled faster, meaning I'd need another cooler.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hehehehehe.........

Say it with me.....

Echo

I didn't heed this advice, which has actually served me well as I don't buy every deal I see because I have no where to put it.

But now I don't have a place to put boxes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Slavac vapor locks everytime I say this

I like Ghurka's http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=38222

GASP.......
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 4:04:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Always with the negative waves
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always with the negative waves

Sorry....I passed out.

Smoke on!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top