Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2017 6:03:31 PM EDT
I'm looking to up my xmas light game this year and I got to thinking about custom length xmas lights.  Did a little bit of researching and found some good stuff (like 1000' rolls) but they all seem to be candelabra base screw in lights.  I'm a big fan of LED xmas lights because I can link a ton together with very little draw.  Has anyone seen 1000' spools that use the mini-lights?

Any feedback would be appreciated.  The whole system looks pretty damn easy to do; just having a bit of trouble finding exactly what I want.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/commercial-christmas-light-spools/

Only thing I'm seeing in 500 and 1000' are just the stringers.  You supply the bulbs.  Fuck that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]
For good c7 or c9 LED bulbs expect to pay around $1 per bulb. They will last many years though. For roof line you will want 12-15" stringer, for trees  24-30" stringer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What was posted above is pretty much what I've been able to find.  Not having any luck finding stringers for mini lights though...
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I installed Christmas lights for many years to supplement landscape income in the fall.

The problem with actual mini lights is they are generally not a cut to fit proposition, whereas a c7 or c9 wire/socket can be cut to exact lengths wanted.

You can get LED bulbs to fit a c7 or c9 socket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top