Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 8:18:41 PM EDT
what a weird ass movie, cheezy, yet it's a cult classic or something.  Borrowed a copy from a coworker and spent the 2.5 hours watching it.   Thought it'd grow on me but didn't

So much for "cult classics"  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't impressed either.  I saw it for the first time last week.z
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I made my comments regarding 'Brazil' in the "Most Depressing Movies" thread.  I was, in fact, impressed by it.  It's a great movie, but it's just so damn depressing that it's almost completely unenjoyable.  I watched it for a class...I wasn't exactly in a "happy happy joy joy" mood when I walked in, and I walked out wanting to slit my wrists.

I will admit that there are some funny bits in it, such as the superball on the table of torture instruments, but it's too relentlessly grim for me to want to watch again.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
funny thing is that was the first of three movies that were to be in sequence.  Brazil, 7, and 12 monkeys.  I like the 2nd 2 but Brazil I feel ya!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
funny thing is that was the first of three movies that were to be in sequence.  Brazil, 7, and 12 monkeys.  I like the 2nd 2 but Brazil I feel ya!

I didn't know that! I've only seen Brazil but I was also not a fan... Looking forward to seeing the other two though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top