Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:08:09 PM EDT
I'm currently having a house built and it will be wired for speakers in the following locations:

-the great room (surround sound) and pairs in these locations,
-the master bedroom
-the master bath
-the office
-the kitchen
-outside above the deck

My wiring guy said that each room will have a dimmer-type control that will adjust the volume. However, at the moment I only have one A/V rec'r with A and B speaker posts, and of course the surround sound posts. My question is, how do I get all these speakers to be controlled by that 1 A/V rec'r?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:12:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:13:27 PM EDT
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Didn't know that forum even existed!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:01:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:02:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:19:11 PM EDT
You are wiring an entire house for surround speakers and multi-room, but arent going to spring for the right equipment to run it? What the hell are you thinking?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:14:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 3:15:01 AM EDT by rcoers]

Originally Posted By Bad_Aim:
You are wiring an entire house for surround speakers and multi-room, but arent going to spring for the right equipment to run it? What the hell are you thinking?

Thanks for the kind advice. I will have a surround system in the TV room but at the moment I don't have the $ to buy extra speakers and a rec'r for the other rooms. Yes, I wired it because you can't go back later and do it. In case you don't know it costs a pretty penny to build a house.
Top Top