Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2005 4:24:14 AM EDT
I was watching Ronin this morning for the 100th time probably and I started to think what is Vincent's (Jean Reno) background.  Any answer would be hypothetical because the movie never tells you.  I figure he uses a Beretta, maybe Italian Police or their equivilant to the CIA.  Dont forget he has that friend, the one that introduces the Ronin concept.  That friend seems to have a lot of knowledge and connections in the spy world, after all he helped them located the Irish woman, Irish man, and the ex-KGB agent.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
He is French. So I just presumed he was/is a former French Intelligence agent. But then again he could be current like DeNiro, too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Whoever he is, none of them can do an ambush to save their lives.
I almost like Bean's idea better.

The general set up of the ambush wasn't that bad. They just didn't do a very good job disabling the mark's cars.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whoever he is, none of them can do an ambush to save their lives.
I almost like Bean's idea better.

The general set up of the ambush wasn't that bad. They just didn't do a very good job disabling the mark's cars.

They had more than enough firepower too, that wasn't the problem.  Should have had two guys with the heavy stuff--one for the lead car and one to disable the other car at the scene, then a third to blast on the mark's car to try and disable it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Well his friend, where Deniro gets patched up, is/was obviously connected into the intel community
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#6]
"No questions, no answers. That's the beeznis we're in."
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to hijack, but what did you guys think of the alternate ending with deidra?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not to hijack, but what did you guys think of the alternate ending with deidra?

I figured that's why she wasn't coming to the cafe before I saw that, but preferred it without knowing for sure.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought all of the "hired muscle" were G-men but the faker..  Every one of the player's were acting as Ronin to their masters (Their governmetns or causes).  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
What's this alternate ending? My DVD doesn't have one. I don't think, haven't checked the special features in a while.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What's this alternate ending? My DVD doesn't have one. I don't think, haven't checked the special features in a while.

It should be there, my version is the $9 Wal Mart copy, and it's got it.
It shows Diedra lurking outside the cafe at th end, deciding if she wants to go in, and then all of a sudden a van drives up and a bunch of thugs throw her in, she screams, they say "want to see what happens when you betray us?" or something like that... van screeches off.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I dug my movie out about 45 min. ago and looked. It has it. I just didn't remember it.

I like not knowing what happened to her. Is she a "true" professional and would never show up? Or did something happen to her? Leaving the question hanging makes a better ending.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#14]
The ambush went wrong if I remember right.  They orginally intended on stoping the marks car earlier in the chase.  I believe the Audi was supposed to stop on the road outside of town.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Those yellow cigs were weird.
Top Top