Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 2:21:27 AM EDT
It seems to me that the bible is loosing ground as the years go by, i think that in my lifetime organized religion will fall away and new beliefs will follow.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:29:10 AM EDT
[#1]
OGNTSA....

i think that in my lifetime organized religion will fall away and new beliefs will follow.

Don't bet on it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]
10 pages, maybe 20.

I'll go ahead and answer the riddle tho, since I talk to God everyday.

Life was created, and we evolved from there.

Whala.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
10 pages, maybe 20.

Whala.

You fucking evangelistic nutcase, you!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Zaphod,How old are you?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Zaphod,How old are you?

I don't believe for a minute that people will be giving up their faiths anytime soon.

I, for one, agree 100% with swingset. You can tell me all you want about evolution, but you will never be able to convince me it all "just happened".
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#7]
This is arfcom,

The answer is BOTH!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
10 pages, maybe 20.

Whala.

+1

And i'll take IBTL for $100 please
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is arfcom,

The answer is BOTH!

AMEN!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]
So i ask you ,whick church should i follow,because they all say i will burn in hell if i dont follow their beliefs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:47:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i think that in my lifetime organized religion will fall away and new beliefs will follow.

Bring ice
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:48:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So i ask you ,whick church should i follow,because they all say i will burn in hell if i dont follow their beliefs.

Pick one, preferably one that doesn't hunt you down and behead you if you disagree with them, or which requires you to kill animals during ceremonies.

Besides, what does that have to do with the original question?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:52:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pick one, preferably one that doesn't hunt you down and behead you if you disagree with them, or which requires you to kill animals during ceremonies.

Besides, what does that have to do with the original question?

People tell me to follow god,well i want to know which one? IMO if there was one god he would make it pretty damn clear how to go about things,instead of this shit that goes on every day. more people die in the name of some others guys god than for ny other reason.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:57:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
People tell me to follow god,well i want to know which one? IMO if there was one god he would make it pretty damn clear how to go about things,instead of this shit that goes on every day. more people die in the name of some others guys god than for ny other reason.

"My ways are not your ways", thus sayeth the Lord.

What makes you think everything that happens on this rock is HIS doing?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:58:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"My ways are not your ways", thus sayeth the Lord.

What makes you think everything that happens on this rock is HIS doing?

But i thought he was in charge?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:13:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Is this all you have to offer on the subject?  What is the problem sheeple?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:13:31 AM EDT
[#19]
15 pages?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:17:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this all you hve to offer on the subject?  What is the problem sheeple?

First of all, you can stick your sheeple up your ass.
Second, I've been around here long enough to see this topic raised literally HUNDREDS of times.
Check the archive.
I am very ardent in my support of accurate scientific fact being taught, not superstition, but I am really tired of this unceasing debate in this forum...it never changes anyone's mind.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:25:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It seems to me that the bible is loosing ground as the years go by, i think that in my lifetime organized religion will fall away and new beliefs will follow.

Ya.

Organized religion has been around longer than all of us, sonny. And it will be here long after we are all dead.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:26:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Second, I've been around here long enough to see this topic raised literally HUNDREDS of times.
Check the archive.
I am very ardent in my support of accurate scientific fact being taught, not superstition, but I am really tired of this unceasing debate in this forum...it never changes anyone's mind.

Debate is a healthy thing,if you are tired of seeing this,dont click on the link. The #1 rule of disscusion forums should be, if you dont want to read it again,DO NOT CLICK ON IT.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:26:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Where is the option for "BOTH?"
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:28:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:28:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Where is the option for "BOTH?"

That only comes up whan you are asking about buying firearms
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:35:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check the archive.

Debate is a healthy thing,if you are tired of seeing this,dont click on the link. The #1 rule of disscusion forums should be, if you dont want to read it again,DO NOT CLICK ON IT.

Debate is a healthy thing...but anything, even a healthy thing, can be done too much and too often and become unhealthy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

wow, what a thread hi-jack.  if that was your real reason for starting this thread, why beat around the bush?

btw, actualy, they all say faith in Christ will save you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:49:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Human beings have to think of things having a beginning and a end. We try to relate to the universe, existence and everything else on the scale of our own experience. But our own experience simply doesn't matter at all.

Nothing "just happened".

In one form or another, many which are impossible for us to comprehend, everything always was.

Or not ......

(Personal note to God: In the event that this is total bullshit and you did actually create everything, I'm just kidding. And can you get me the winning Powerball numbers? Thanks Man!)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Well said james. I believe that we evolved. I actually went to church as a kid and was baptized(i didnt even know what the hell i was doing but was convinced it was the right thing so i didnt want to go burn in some pit the whole of eternity). I have been to the museums before and see ancient horses who just a few thousands years ago where 1/2 the size they are today. If they could evolve in just a few thousand years why couldnt we? monkeys, neandrathals, caveman, primitive man, voila here we are. Bible has too many inconsistincies in it for me to believe. I wanna know how noah got all those animals on that boat and had them live together? Where did he find the room to keep the food to feed them? And last but not least how did he keep tropical birds and polar bears on the same boat?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Religion forum is thataway ------------------>
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I believe that evolution happens, and it has been observed on small scales.  I'm not religious but I still recognize that the two ideas of evolution and creation are not mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Irrelavent.  We are what we are.  Our job is to live the best life possible.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It seems to me that the bible is loosing ground

How?

That's interesting, since the Bible rather foretells the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:06:26 AM EDT
[#35]
I have not heard this in a long time but I was under the impression we had tail bones, isn't  that a indication that we evolved...............
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't think I should have to explain this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top