Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 8:44:18 PM EDT
to please, please take you home right now? To just stretch out His hand and Foomf! end it for you?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
More than once.

So obviously he's either not listening, or not finished torturing me yet. I'm still undecided which it is.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, during a very severe migrain headache at about age 13.  I was getting several a week and this particular one was more severe than usual.  The pain and suffering was so bad and inescapable that I remember asking over and over again, "please, just make it end."

I now understand better that the Lord had things he still wanted me to accomplish, other trials to pass, before I was to return.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, each night before I fall asleep and each morning before I get out of bed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope, I've never wanted to die or be taken away.  

I thank GOD for every minute I'm here on planet earth with my family and friends. I have thought it was odd that GOD would allow a "good" person to die an agonizing death from a painful disease, yet let some evil POS live a long life. But, his ways are not for me to know or question.

Acknowledge and move on.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
One of the famous prophets in the Bible prayed for death and didn't receive it.  I don't remember who it was.  If God had kept you on the earth, there are things that He wants you to do before you leave.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Never i am not ready to die.

I do pray for Jesus to come quickly though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
to please, please take you home right now? To just stretch out His hand and Foomf! end it for you?

Many times.

He hasn't done it, so there must be work left here on earth for me to accomplish.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
yup
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many times.

He hasn't done it, so there must be work left here on earth for me to accomplish.

Good point. BTW, I'm not talking about a death wish or suicidal ideations. I guess I'm just getting to the point in life where a man occasionally gets weary beyond words.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No.  I do not have the perspective required to make a judgement on when my life should end - That, I will leave to the Professional.
Matt
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:11:58 AM EDT
[#11]
NO but I did consider it once while power chumming of the NC coast ona Deep sea fishing trip
too dumb to know about dramamine or scopalamine
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:19:04 AM EDT
[#12]
No.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:31:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not scared to die, but I'm not ready to go yet.  

FLAL1A,

Are you just thinking out loud or do you need some moral support?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:43:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm not scared to die, but I'm not ready to go yet.  

FLAL1A,

Are you just thinking out loud or do you need some moral support?

Just thinking out loud - and I've gotten rested up since that post.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#15]
can't remember asking for it, but a time or two, i wouldn't have objected to it if He had.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#16]
yes and no, I do and I mean it sometimes, but I still have to many loved ones I'd be leaving behind to be that selfish I guess. If I were by myself in this world with no one to help, no hesitation.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:06:38 AM EDT
[#17]
no, we are all here for a reason,  throughout our entire lives will be of some type of example to someone, and whether good or bad it will be an influence that hopefully drives an idividual/witness to accomplish a great deed, invent a better lightbulb, find a cure for cancer ect. ect., I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone talk about a dead person and say how much their lives were influenced or made better by just knowing and interacting with them no matter how long or short of time they knew them,

as for length of life, you only live for as long a time as you were alloted, when your numbers called your times up, you've served whatever purpose in this life you were supposed to, you might not think that anything was accomplished, but your time here whether seconds long or centuries influenced someone that witnessed your life somehow[what].
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm impressed, there some really good deep philisophical thoughts here...

I've often wondered why my brother died in a mva when he was much more reasonable driving than I used to be, now I've got two kids and have slowed down from double or tripple the speed limit to 5 over and I'm infinately more patient in all things....Don't know if it's just a natural reaction to getting older or if it's because I've actually got things to live for now....Anyway, to answer the question, I've thought about it briefly once or twice, but never actually asked for or wished for it........
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:04:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many times.

Good point. BTW, I'm not talking about a death wish or suicidal ideations. I guess I'm just getting to the point in life where a man occasionally gets weary beyond words.

women get that way too ....hang in there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top