User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:40:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
<snipped>

Whoa there, Twire...you just sent me back 27 years.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have to be perfect, I only have to be forgiven.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snipped>

Whoa there, Twire...you just sent me back 27 years.

Travel agent to second childhood. Maybe I should include that on my business card.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I sort of agree.  Keep in mind there isn't an orgainzed effort to legalize, normalize and maintream adultry like there is with homosexuality.  Due to its political nature gay marriage/civil union makes headlines and Christian values must be defended.  At the same time we can't give the wrong impression that some sins are worse then others or that we hold homosexuals to a different standard then heterosexuals.  1 Cor 6:9-10 clearly shows that there are many ways not to be saved and go to heaven.  There is only one way to be saved (1 Cor 6:11).

Shok

Well actually there is........watch any show on the boob tube and you will see alot more adultry than homosexuality. Also I can't think of any gay presidents in recent history....but there was a president who was adultress, I can't remember his name right now.....but he was the guy that liked cigars

And he was a two termer as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I sort of agree.  Keep in mind there isn't an orgainzed effort to legalize, normalize and maintream adultry like there is with homosexuality.  Due to its political nature gay marriage/civil union makes headlines and Christian values must be defended.  At the same time we can't give the wrong impression that some sins are worse then others or that we hold homosexuals to a different standard then heterosexuals.  1 Cor 6:9-10 clearly shows that there are many ways not to be saved and go to heaven.  There is only one way to be saved (1 Cor 6:11).

Shok

Well actually there is........watch any show on the boob tube and you will see alot more adultry than homosexuality. Also I can't think of any gay presidents in recent history....but there was a president who was adultress, I can't remember his name right now.....but he was the guy that liked cigars

And he was a two termer as well.

A lot of our presidents have been adulterers.   The only difference now is the press is actually reporting on it.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shok

Well actually there is.........

Adultery is already mainstream, i.e. widely accepted and "normal." .

The whole concept of "mainstreaming" is making something that ISN'T acceptable to be widely accepted. Polls show 70+% of Americans against gay marriage.

Words mean things.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shok

The whole concept of "mainstreaming" is making something that ISN'T acceptable to be widely accepted. Polls show 70+% of Americans against gay marriage.

Words mean things.  

True...I'm just addressing  the way Q Shok made the statement.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shok

Words mean things.  

True...I'm just addressing  the way Q Shok made the statement.

But I beelive the point he was making is correct.

There is a concerted effort today of mainstreaming homosexual behaviour.

An "in your face you MUST accept us and often even fund our choice" agenda.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes we are hypocrytes and a lot of other things if we were perfect we wouldn't need religeon and guidance from the almighty would we?

DUH!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes we are hypocrytes and a lot of other things if we were perfect we wouldn't need religeon and guidance from the almighty would we?

DUH!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

But why is adultry more "acceptable" then homosexuality?......I can see it from a non Christian point of view, but both should be "unacceptable" from a Christian view. Both are sins and both are shown as acceptable in the media. Example if GWB had "come out" in his first term he would most likely have been impeached let alone not reelected. But Clinton can have a affair, lie about it and I have no dout still be reelected if he could run again.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But why is adultry more "acceptable" then homosexuality?......I can see it from a non Christian point of view, but both should be "unacceptable" from a Christian view. Both are sins and both are shown as acceptable in the media. Example if GWB had "come out" in his first term he would most likely have been impeached let alone not reelected. But Clinton can have a affair, lie about it and I have no dout still be reelected if he could run again.

It is not depraved to have relations with a married woman, it is immoral.  Homosexual sodomy is both immoral and depraved. Sexual relations between a man and a woman are natural, between men and men it is not.  In the Christian tradition it is one of the 4 sins that cry to God for vengence.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is not depraved to have relations with a married woman, it is immoral.  Homosexual sodomy is both immoral and depraved. Sexual relations between a man and a woman are natural, between men and men it is not.  In the Christian tradition it is one of the 4 sins that cry to God for vengence.

Please explain "In the Christian tradition it is one of the 4 sins that cry to God for vengence"....I was under the impression that sin was sin.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:43:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It isn't.  Sin is sin.  I am guilty of it as much as anyone.  However, there is a differance in trying to change and just ignoring what we should be changing.  The Bible teaches us the homosexuallity is wrong but many ignore it.

And just because adultry is excepted by the majority of Americans doesn't make it right.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Please explain "In the Christian tradition it is one of the 4 sins that cry to God for vengence"....I was under the impression that sin was sin.

Simple, because you continue to do it knowing full well it is wrong with no desire to change whats-so-ever.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:08:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple, because you continue to do it knowing full well it is wrong with no desire to change whats-so-ever.

But that would be true of any sin wouldn't it?....Belloc made it sound like homosexuality was a special sin.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But that would be true of any sin wouldn't it?....Belloc made it sound like homosexuality was a special sin.

Well, I already said sin is sin.  When I sin I know I am doing it.  And afterwards I try to do better, althought I often fail.

Do you?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:21:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I already said sin is sin.  When I sin I know I am doing it.  And afterwards I try to do better, althought I often fail.

Do you?

I'm not a Christian.....so homosexuality isn't a sin in my way of looking at it. I ask the question to better understand how Christians look at it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:23:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh..well then.

I look at it as just another sin.

I am no better, nor no worse than you or anyone else.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:28:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Oh..well then.

Most Christians tell me that.... which makes sense. But a few like Belloc seem put homosexuality in a special class of sin. And I was looking for a reason for that special class.....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh..well then.

Most Christians tell me that.... which makes sense. But a few like Belloc seem put homosexuality in a special class of sin. And I was looking for a reason for that special class.....

I don't know.  After reading GD where suppossed straight guys enjoy giving themselves enimas I'm not quite sure who or what is gay anymore.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:42:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh..well then.

I don't know.  After reading GD where suppossed straight guys enjoy giving themselves enimas I'm not quite sure who or what is gay anymore.

That's just strange [enimas part]......but not gay.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:55:49 AM EDT
[#23]
To explain what they are talking about is a fetish.....S&M,roll play,enimias and in some cases drag is a fetish. Homosexuality and Heterosexuality is a base sexuality and Transgenderism is a gender orientation. If you are attracted to women but like to be tried up and beat with a wet cat.....your a little strange but still hetero.

Ok back to religion.....before I get in trouble
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Homosexuality is NOT a base sexuality.  Nor it is a fetish.  It is a perversion and against nature.

Enimas are just sick.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:52:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Homosexuality is NOT a base sexuality.  Nor it is a fetish.  It is a perversion and against nature.

Enimas are just sick.

Yep it is....regardless of what your religion says
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:57:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

So murdering homosexuals is ok in the bible?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:24:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that quote sounded like something from Osamas sect of religion
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Guilty here.

I'll admit it, I sometimes am a hypocrite.

I should be alot less involved in some things as self proclaimed Christian man. Things that waste my time and serve no purpose in God's eternal kingdom.

Having said that it stands to reason that I should be alot more involved in some other things as a Christian. I could do more charity work, helping the poor or sick. I should be giving more of my money to fund missions work, and quit wasting it on consumables.

Point is I'm making progress. 20 years ago I was a bum of a human and had no direction or purpose in life except to gratify myself.

Good thing it's not man I have to stand before on that fateful day!

Thank you Jesus.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must have missed the part that says their death is on THEM (selves).  Sins have consiquences...some sins have more than others.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must have missed the part that says their death is on THEM (selves).  Sins have consiquences...some sins have more than others.

put to death
sounds like murdered, and

Their bloodguiltiness is upon them
sounds like an excuse to do so to me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Doesn't matter, we live under a new covenant now.That is just one of the bleesing of jesus.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Doesn't matter, we live under a new covenant now.That is just one of the bleesing of jesus.

and that is where confusion sets in for me.

I hear the religious all the time using Leviticus as a defence, then as just happened,"we now live by the new covenant"

Is that not the height of Hypocracy?

Confusing don't you think?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear the religious all the time using Leviticus as a defence, then as just happened,"we now live by the new covenant"

Not really.  I used to be confused until i did my own studing.  If a person relies on others to teach him without review of the source material themselves they will always end up confused.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You asked what the difference was between adultery and homosexuality as far as degree of sin. The post is merely to emphasize just how a severe a sin it was believed to be. I don't believe that adultery is referred to as an abomination. Usually that term is reserved for idol worship and such.

Nowhere does it say to murder homosexuals. Nor does it say that they will be executed. The inference is that the gravity of such behavior will lead to your ultimate and eternal demise.

You asked for a differentiation. So don't be shocked or outraged when the answer is given.

And for the record ,the new covenant does not dispense with the law, it fulfills it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really.  I used to be confused until i did my own studing.  If a person relies on others to teach him without review of the source material themselves they will always end up confused.

I beg to differ, and am on my own quest. this kind of thing really does make it difficult.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I beg to differ, and am on my own quest. this kind of thing really does make it difficult.

Have you read the source material?

Seriously, the Bible is not a novel, it is a Text Book.  And you study Text books, sometimes several times.

I am confident that if you REALLY want to understand and study then you WILL understand.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you read the source material?

Seriously, the Bible is not a novel, it is a Text Book.  And you study Text books, sometimes several times.

I am confident that if you REALLY want to understand and study then you WILL understand.

I have been studying, and I hope you are right, thus far I just don't know.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If by "special" you mean "worse" then yes.
There are degrees of evil, degrees of sin. Murdering children is worse than stealing a pack of chewing gum.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That's great to hear!  Because it isn't until a person knows that they don't know before they can be taught.

People that know everything can not be taught.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's great to hear!  Because it isn't until a person knows that they don't know before they can be taught.

People that know everything can not be taught.

+1 billion
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You asked what the difference was between adultery and homosexuality as far as degree of sin. The post is merely to emphasize just how a severe a sin it was believed to be. I don't believe that adultery is referred to as an abomination. Usually that term is reserved for idol worship and such.

Nowhere does it say to murder homosexuals. Nor does it say that they will be executed. The inference is that the gravity of such behavior will lead to your ultimate and eternal demise.

You asked for a differentiation. So don't be shocked or outraged when the answer is given.

And for the record ,the new covenant does not dispense with the law, it fulfills it.

I was just wondering what "they shall surely be put to death"meant. Because just saying they shall surely be put to death....pretty much means killing them in my book.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just wondering what "they shall surely be put to death"meant. Because just saying they shall surely be put to death....pretty much means killing them in my book.

that is my reading too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Another one has come to an end.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top