Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2005 9:20:55 PM EDT
have you ever?  what were they?
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 4:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not. My father did and saved two lives as a result of following the dream. He did not know the people and they were not of the same faith. They were Christians also. So I believe it happens now and again.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I dream every night.... it is possible.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had it happen a few times, but always wrote it off as a coincidence.  Dreamt about something and realized the dream after I watched it happen in real life.

Kinda like when you get up in the AM and you get a bad feeling in your stomach that something bad will happen that day.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Divine dreams - yes, several times.

Visions - no, but my wife has had many (warrior angels; demons;  dense, cloud-like 'darkness'  over NYC and Washington DC before 9/11, etc.)

My daughter has seen angels several times, usually little ones (3'-4' tall).

Many other prophetic experiences, words, etc.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Get them on occasion..  not usually dreams when sleeping, but sometimes when I "daydream"
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I dream all the time. No visions though.

I usually get Vousa De, the opposite of Deja Vu. The feeling that something never happened to me before. Actually happens alot.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've had it happen a few times, but always wrote it off as a coincidence.  Dreamt about something and realized the dream after I watched it happen in real life.

Kinda like when you get up in the AM and you get a bad feeling in your stomach that something bad will happen that day.

+1 I no longer write them off
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I woke up one morning and told my wife that a freckle on my arm was cancerous and that we needed to get life insurance for me.

Immediately set up a dermatology appointment and an appointment for life insurance.

Two days after signing our life insurance policy into effect, I was contacted by the dermatologist with the news that the freckle was melanoma cancer.

Personal revelation comes in many forms, and that form varies from person to person.  For some it may be a still small voice, for others a feeling in one's chest, for others it may be a dream or vision.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I woke up one morning and told my wife that a freckle on my arm was cancerous and that we needed to get life insurance for me.

Immediately set up a dermatology appointment and an appointment for life insurance.

Two days after signing our life insurance policy into effect, I was contacted by the dermatologist with the news that the freckle was melanoma cancer.

Personal revelation comes in many forms, and that form varies from person to person.  For some it may be a still small voice, for others a feeling in one's chest, for others it may be a dream or vision.

Um, are you going to be okay?  
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, are you going to be okay?  

+1?

Link Posted: 11/8/2005 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for your concern.  It's been almost two years since they cut the cancer out of my arm.  That was another blessing...we caught the cancer in its early stages (.48 mm deep).  Other than an ugly scar on my left arm, I'm doing pretty well.  It hurts a little when I do a lot of heavy lifting, but otherwise it's no problem.

The moral of the story is to listen to those promptings when you get them.  When I went in for my appointment, the dermatologist told me that the small mole looked normal.  He only removed it for biopsy because I insisted.

I honestly don't remember anything special in my dreams regarding the mole, just a strong impression that was enough to wake me from my sleep.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I have only had one dream in my life that I absolutely believe was from God. I don't care to share publically what it was about.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had several odd dream-related events. The two main ones are;

1. I had a dream that a friend who works maintenance was on the roof of the building where we worked, and as the building collapsed he rode a chunk of the roof down like it was a surfboard. I couldn't get this dream out of my mind during the day. A few days later a building a couple blocks away from there collapsed, and they said on the news that a maintenance worker who was on the roof survived.

2. I kept having dreams that I was in a small town doing various things that would get interrupted by a train exploding. During the day I couldn't stop thinking about these dreams. After a few days of this there was a big train wreck in Pacific, about two miles from where we lived.

Last week I had a dream that there was a box/crate/case of some sort that was roughly 3 ft square, and hinged to open on one side. The side dropped open, and there were two huge bullets inside which took up almost the entire case, and they were pointed out the side. Suddenly they took off like missiles,  and as I was thinking that they were flying like ICBMs I noticed that they were headed for LA. (I've never been west, so I'd have no idea where they were going). I watched them disappear in the distance, and then I saw two mushroom clouds.  I haven't been able to stop thinking about that dream.  

All the other stuff has been little, like discussing something in the Bible that we're not sure of, and the next day in church that's the subject of the sermon.
 Another example is mentioning a certain show in a rerun series, and the next day they show it. (Without having seen any commercials to indicate it was going to be on).

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#14]
I dreamed I was eating a huge marshamallow.

When I woke up, my pillow was gone.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:53:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nope.

I dream all the time, but it has never been anything significant.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:37:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I dreamed that I read a lame post on ARFCOM.  Then I opened this thread.

Freaky, isn't it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Freaky, isn't it.

Yup.  Especially when the lame post is your own.  Sort of a, "self fulfilling prophecy," kind of thing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:30:02 AM EDT
[#18]
i dreamed that  my brother was in an auto accident  a week and a half before he actually was.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Freaky, isn't it.

there's only one freak, isn't there max.....................................
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Some dreams mostly visions over the last 25 years of service.  I spend alot of time in prayer don't watch TV or read  news paper's, mags etc. I found that by cutting out the visual garbage I took in daily I wouldn't have so much clutter when in prayer or in worship at church. Most of my "stuff" I have has been accurired by some sort of revalation with appproval from above. I don't buy anything of any great expense without first hearing from heaven.  Visions are awsome much better that anything seen in this world. " Without a Vision people cast off restraint"  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1 i get that all the time. its annoying as hell
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]
The brain is not as easily controlled as some think.  These things are in the mind of the beholder.  Why does it suprise anyone that a strong believer in X or Y has dreams or visions relating to X or Y.

- Visions of Demigods appeared to the Greeks
- Incubi and Succubi appeared to people of the early middle ages
- Only Catholics see Mary
-  Etc...

In every culture, at every time, these 'visions' have occured.  The lowest common denominator is the mind that created them, not the subject of the 'vision'.

I frequently get Deja Vue.  However, being too analytical (for my own good), when it happens, I try and think of what caused or triggered it.  It would be nice to think that something as romantic as 'past life' was the cause, but typically it was a similar sight or smell of a prior place or event that caused me to get the feeling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top