BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Then Jesus is not God. God will not arrive through a vessel of sin.
View Quote
The Word became Flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14

Jesus was fully God and full man/flesh, but being concieved by the Holy Spirit He was sinless. Even though Mary was not.
If Mary was sinless then Jesus did not come in the flesh.

1 John 4: 1-3
4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Do some Bible study instead of going to catholic answers.com to find out what you believe. or worse yet follow your own feelings.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Methinks you are confused about the difference between original sin and sin itself.
View Quote
The original sin was the violation of our Father's dietary requirement.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys please tell me what "original sin" is? Up till now I always thought it when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Is it not?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Jesus was fully God and full man/flesh, but being concieved by the Holy Spirit He was sinless. Even though Mary was not.

4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Do some Bible study instead of going to catholic answers.com to find out what you believe. or worse yet follow your own feelings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then Jesus is not God. God will not arrive through a vessel of sin.

Your verse does not contradict that there are prophets. You assume everyone is a false prophet, that doesnt follow your narrow view. If everyone was false, then God would juat say that. He didnt. I have countered all your arguements with answers from 2000 years of theological study. From contemporaries of tge Apostles. But your new bible study will be different? Your personal revelation counters these holy scholars. I do quite a bit of Bible study. But, unlike you, I have reference and answers to my questions.

It is like building a computer without instructions. Then telling everyone that what they use aren't computers and what they have been working on all these years are wrong.

Jesus said to go to the church with your questions otherwise you are a "pagan or tax collector ".

God bless you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Methinks you are confused about the difference between original sin and sin itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Mary is without original sin, which means her nature is Divine, she is the Queen of Heaven, there are statues and shrines of her around the world, and churches around the world named after her.
And she is the ark of the new covenant.

What else does she need to be before you start worshipping her?
How do you come to the conclusion that she is divine merely because she was conceived without ORIGINAL sin? You are way off the reservation with your personal interpretation.
Not my interpretation. Only God is sinless,
Mary grew up a Jewish girl and would have had to offer the sacrifices for her sin that the Law of Moses/Old Testament required.
If she claimed to have no need to offer those sacrifices because she was not born into original sin, the religious leaders of that time would have stoned her.
And if she did not offer the sacrifices that God required, then God would not have choose her. She would be in rebellion against God.
Adam and Eve were created in the image of God, and God is sinless. So was Adam.
Until he ate from the tree he was commanded not to eat from, then he brought sin into the world and for all those who desended from Adam which is everyone.
Adam died spiritually, and since we all decended from Adam we have a sin nature. Which is why we sin, sins we commit are the result of what happened in the Garden.
Which is why Jesus said "You must be Born Again" John chap 3
And Mary desended from Adam and Eve and has the same sin nature as you and I.

What am I confused about? Sin is sin. And Mary may not have been an adulterer, thief, etc. but she still needed a savior and said it herself.
Luke 1:46-48
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

What's do you say about the difference between original and just another sin?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Until he ate from the tree he was commanded not to eat from, then he brought sin into the world and for all those who desended from Adam which is everyone.
Adam died spiritually, and since we all decended from Adam we have a sin nature. Which is why we sin, sins we commit are the result of what happened in the Garden.

What am I confused about? Sin is sin. And Mary may not have been an adulterer, thief, etc. but she still needed a savior and said it herself.

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

View Quote
So, God made Adam and Eve sinless. But, He can't make Mary sinless? Interesting tradition.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]
As Bishop Fulton Sheen wrote, "It may be objected: 'Our Lord is enough for me. I have no need of her.' But He needed her, whether we do or not. God, Who made the sun, also made the moon. The moon does not take away from the brilliance of the sun. All its light is reflected from the sun. The Blessed Mother reflects her Divine Son; without Him, she is nothing. With Him, she is the Mother of Men."

https://www.fisheaters.com/mary.html
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guys please tell me what "original sin" is? Up till now I always thought it when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Is it not?
View Quote
Essentially, it is the fall of man.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p7.htm
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, God made Adam and Eve sinless. But, He can't make Mary sinless? Interesting tradition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's always remarkable to me how much of anti-Catholic theology involves arbitrarily setting limits on God's powers - on this issue, on transubstantiation, on preservation of the teaching authority of the Church (at least, post-establishment of the Biblical canon), etc.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You know - even the most rudimentary search would have given you the answers you seek, but you are apparently not really interested in knowing the difference and instead cling to what you believe.
View Quote
I truly wonder if he even read anything we have posted? These are all sound, Biblical and theological arguements and explenations. They just don't fit his narrative.

Please! Research what we posted. You might be surprised what you find.

God Bless
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You know - even the most rudimentary search would have given you the answers you seek, but you are apparently not really interested in knowing the difference and instead cling to what you believe.
View Quote
Well then tell me the difference? you make statements that mean nothing, and give no answer to anything.
The fall of man that is recorded in the Book of Genesis brought sin into the world for all men since we all descended from Adam?
Whats so hard to understand?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I truly wonder if he even read anything we have posted? These are all sound, Biblical and theological arguements and explenations. They just don't fit his narrative.

God Bless
View Quote
I did not read anything you posted, since your repeating it anyway. I don't accept or believe what you made Mary out to be.
The Bible does not support your claims.
But then posting Bible verses to a catholic is useless since they don't believe whats written in it was inspired by the Holy Spirit.
So you won't accept anything I would post from the Bible.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As Bishop Fulton Sheen wrote, "It may be objected: 'Our Lord is enough for me. I have no need of her.' But He needed her, whether we do or not. God, Who made the sun, also made the moon. The moon does not take away from the brilliance of the sun. All its light is reflected from the sun. The Blessed Mother reflects her Divine Son; without Him, she is nothing. With Him, she is the Mother of Men."

https://www.fisheaters.com/mary.html
View Quote
I have no need of Mary either, she did not save me, Jesus did.
Jesus died on the Cross for my sin and I put my faith in Jesus and the blood He shed at Calvary.

Why would Jesus need Mary? Jesus was around long before she was created.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have no need of Mary either, she did not save me, Jesus did.
Jesus died on the Cross for my sin and I put my faith in Jesus and the blood He shed at Calvary.

Why would Jesus need Mary? Jesus was around long before she was created.
View Quote
Not in the flesh he wasn't.  Best of luck to you.  Your heart is hardened.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I did not read anything you posted, since your repeating it anyway. I don't accept or believe what you made Mary out to be.
But then posting Bible verses to a catholic is useless since they don't believe whats written in it was inspired by the Holy Spirit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God Bless
Wow. Well at least you are honest. So, again how do you know it isn't Biblical if you haven't read what we write? Aren't you supposed to Test everything.

No, wonder there are so many off shoots. Everyone is using their oen personal interpretation. How humble. How grand.

Well. At least I know how closed minded you are and there is no ability to have a discussion with you. Guess I will stop replying to you.

God Bless
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you actually believe Mary was sinless?

I surely hope not.

Only Christ was.

God was the Father of Christ. There was no sin in Him.

Mary had an earthy father and was under the same curse all men and children of men are under.

Read the Bible!

Traditions and interpretations of scripture by men that contradict scripture are from satan.

My prayer and hope is that you all see the truth.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wow. Well at least you are honest. So, again how do you know it isn't Biblical if you haven't read what we write? Aren't you supposed to Test everything.

No, wonder there are so many off shoots. Everyone is using their oen personal interpretation. How humble. How grand.

Well. At least I know how closed minded you are and there is no ability to have a discussion with you. Guess I will stop replying to you.

God Bless
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God Bless

God Bless
What "we" write! No sir I don't care what "we" write.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God Bless

God Bless
Ok. Then you don't believe in the Bible then. Since it was written by "we". You know.... man.

Now we are making headway. I don't really know why you wrote this thread. Why didn't you just ask God directly?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Only a pure vessel is worthy to carry the essence of God into the flesh. Mary was forgiven her 'original sin' beforehand.

By example, if you are walking down the road and notice a man who has fallen into a pit. You would thus throw him a rope and help him out of this pit and 'save' the man. Shortly after that you note another man walking down the road toward the pit and you shout a warning so that he avoids the fate of the first traveler altogether. So which man did you save? The one who fell in, or the one that you steered away from trap? The answer is BOTH.

So it is with Mary. She was also saved by Jesus.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#25]
This is like sitting in on an reenactment of the First Nicene Council.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is like sitting in on an reenactment of the First Nicene Council.
View Quote

It is a fun debate.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mary was born free of original sin.  The claim is not made that she lived a life without any sin.  Only Jesus has done that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Mary is without original sin, which means her nature is Divine, she is the Queen of Heaven, there are statues and shrines of her around the world, and churches around the world named after her.

How do you come to the conclusion that she is divine merely because she was conceived without ORIGINAL sin? You are way off the reservation with your personal interpretation.
Mary grew up a Jewish girl and would have had to offer the sacrifices for her sin that the Law of Moses/Old Testament required.
If she claimed to have no need to offer those sacrifices because she was not born into original sin, the religious leaders of that time would have stoned her.
And if she did not offer the sacrifices that God required, then God would not have choose her. She would be in rebellion against God.
Mary was born free of original sin.  The claim is not made that she lived a life without any sin.  Only Jesus has done that.
Does it say in the Bible that Mary was born free of the original sin?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ok. Then you don't believe in the Bible then. Since it was written by "we". You know.... man.

Now we are making headway. I don't really know why you wrote this thread. Why didn't you just ask God directly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God Bless

God Bless

When you wrote "we" I took that to mean a denomination of Christianity. If a teacher teaches about God and the "holy story" he needs to back it up with scripture.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When you wrote "we" I took that to mean a denomination of Christianity. If a teacher teaches about God and the "holy story" he needs to back it up with scripture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God Bless

God Bless

Well the Catholic Church does back it up. But you would not know that because you refuse to read what we post from teachers.

Plus, by your goal post. Scripture is written by man. So, I have no idea why you follow it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not true.  Our Blessed Mother has never sinned.  She is immaculate and full of grace.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are there no truths that the Bible does not cover?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given that logic let's just make up anything we want!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#33]
As cited in the Gospel of Biff, Yehsua had two brothers (Judah and James) and two sisters (Elizabeth and Miriam).
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Explicitly no, implicitly, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explicitly no, implicitly, yes.
The Bible really never discusses her conception and birth at all.

But, certain things have to be implied through deduction.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Related to the subject, I watched a video today about Muslims going to Mass on the Feast of the Assumption.  Supposedly, some even pray the Rosary.  If true, I wonder how they reconcile, "Holy Mary, Mother of God."

Interesting take from Archbishop Sheen.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Related to the subject, I watched a video today about Muslims going to Mass on the Feast of the Assumption.  Supposedly, some even pray the Rosary.  If true, I wonder how they reconcile, "Holy Mary, Mother of God."

View Quote
I've never heard of Muslims praying the Rosary.

Shias will often pray with a rosary-like string of beds, but it's different prayers.

I've always found the Koran's Sura on Mary fascinating, but difficult to understand. Alas, we've chased away all the Muslims who ever posted here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. With your logic, the Bible wouldn't exist, since it was written by man. Men telling men accounts that are sometimes told many times prior to writting it down.

Does not God still guide His Church? Or does He guide your interpretation?  

You need a body, a leadership and authority to go to to confirm a belief. Thats why we have wgat we have and why even Jesus said that the if you don't believe even the church you are a "pagan or tax collector".
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Shias will often pray with a rosary-like string of beds, but it's different prayers.

I've always found the Koran's Sura on Mary fascinating, but difficult to understand. Alas, we've chased away all the Muslims who ever posted here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Apparition site of Fatima is one of the most visited sites for Islam. Plus, Fatima is tge name of Muhammad's daughter. I wonder what the Blessed Mother was doing? Bringing God's children together? Who knows?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's likely the confusion.  I've seen Sunnis use beads too; generally, larger and fewer beads than a Rosary.

I'll have to make time to read Mary's Sura.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Mary the mother of Jesus was described by God as “highly favored” (Luke 1:28). The phrase “highly favored” comes from a single Greek word, which essentially means “much grace.” Mary received God’s grace.

Grace is “unmerited favor,” meaning something we receive despite the fact that we do not deserve it. Mary needed grace from God just as the rest of us do. Mary herself understood this fact, as she declared in Luke 1:47, “. . . and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. . .”

Mary recognized that she needed the Savior. The Bible never says that Mary was anyone but an ordinary human whom God chose to use in an extraordinary way. Yes, Mary was a righteous woman and favored (graced) by God (Luke 1:27-28). At the same time, Mary was a sinful human being who needed Jesus Christ as her Savior, just like everyone else (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 6:23; 1 John 1:8).

Mary did not have an “immaculate conception.” The Bible doesn’t suggest Mary’s birth was anything but a normal human birth. Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus (Luke 1:34-38), but the idea of the perpetual virginity of Mary is unbiblical. Matthew 1:25, speaking of Joseph, declares, “But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus.”

The word “until” clearly indicates that Joseph and Mary did have sexual union after Jesus was born. Joseph and Mary had several children together after Jesus was born. Jesus had four half-brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). Jesus also had half-sisters, although they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:55-56). God blessed and graced Mary by giving her several children, which in that culture was the clearest indication of God’s blessing on a woman.

One time when Jesus was speaking, a woman in the crowd proclaimed, “Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed” (Luke 11:27). There was never a better opportunity for Jesus to declare that Mary was indeed worthy of praise and adoration. What was Jesus’ response? “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it” (Luke 11:28). To Jesus, obedience to God’s Word was more important than being the woman who gave birth to the Savior.

Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus, or anyone else, direct any praise, glory, or adoration towards Mary. Elizabeth, Mary’s relative, praised Mary in Luke 1:42-44, but her praise is based on the blessing of giving birth to the Messiah. It was not based on any inherent glory in Mary.

Mary was present at the cross when Jesus died (John 19:25). Mary was also with the apostles on the day of Pentecost (Acts 1:14). However, Mary is never mentioned again after Acts chapter 1. The apostles did not give Mary a prominent role. Mary’s death is not recorded in the Bible. Nothing is said about Mary ascending to heaven or having an exalted role there. As the earthly mother of Jesus, Mary should be respected, but she is not worthy of our worship or adoration.

The Bible nowhere indicates that Mary can hear our prayers or that she can mediate for us with God. Jesus is our only advocate and mediator in heaven (1 Timothy 2:5). If offered worship, adoration, or prayers, Mary would say the same as the angels: “Worship God!” (see Revelation 19:10; 22:9.) Mary herself sets the example for us, directing her worship, adoration, and praise to God alone: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me — holy is His name” (Luke 1:46-49).

Link
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mary the mother of Jesus was described by God as “highly favored” (Luke 1:28). The phrase “highly favored” comes from a single Greek word, which essentially means “much grace.” Mary received God’s grace. uh, no...try [url=http://www.catholic.org/news/hf/faith/story.php?id=50095]THIS EXPLANATION OF THE GREEK if you dare read it.[/url]

Grace is “unmerited favor,” meaning something we receive despite the fact that we do not deserve it. Mary needed grace from God just as the rest of us do. Mary herself understood this fact, as she declared in Luke 1:47, “. . . and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. . .”

Mary recognized that she needed the Savior. The Bible never says that Mary was anyone but an ordinary human whom God chose to use in an extraordinary way. No, it says quite the opposite. Yes, Mary was a righteous woman and favored (graced) by God (Luke 1:27-28). At the same time, Mary was a sinful human being who needed Jesus Christ as her Savior, just like everyone else (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 6:23; 1 John 1:8). You clearly have read nothing posted in this thread thus far.

Mary did not have an “immaculate conception.” The Bible doesn’t suggest Mary’s birth was anything but a normal human birth. Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus (Luke 1:34-38), but the idea of the perpetual virginity of Mary is unbiblical. So the prophecy of Isaiah is yet to be fulfilled. Matthew 1:25, speaking of Joseph, declares, “But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus.” Until does not mean what you think it means.

The word “until” clearly indicates that Joseph and Mary did have sexual union after Jesus was born. No, it doesn't. Joseph and Mary had several children together after Jesus was born . Jesus had four half-brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). Jesus also had half-sisters, although they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:55-56). God blessed and graced Mary by giving her several children, which in that culture was the clearest indication of God’s blessing on a woman. Cousins, all

One time when Jesus was speaking, a woman in the crowd proclaimed, “Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed” (Luke 11:27). There was never a better opportunity for Jesus to declare that Mary was indeed worthy of praise and adoration. What was Jesus’ response? “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it” (Luke 11:28). To Jesus, obedience to God’s Word was more important than being the woman who gave birth to the Savior. That implies nothing about Mary. By your contention then John6:55 means that transubstantiation is a completely biblical concept because there was never a better opportunity for Jesus to explain that his 'flesh is NOT real food' etc.

Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus, or anyone else, direct any praise, glory, or adoration towards Mary. Except as he died on the cross. Elizabeth, Mary’s relative, praised Mary in Luke 1:42-44, but her praise is based on the blessing of giving birth to the Messiah. It was not based on any inherent glory in Mary.

Mary was present at the cross when Jesus died (John 19:25). Mary was also with the apostles on the day of Pentecost (Acts 1:14). However, Mary is never mentioned again after Acts chapter 1. The apostles did not give Mary a prominent role. Theotokos anyone? Mary’s death is not recorded in the Bible. Nothing is said about Mary ascending to heaven or having an exalted role there. As the earthly mother of Jesus, Mary should be respected, but she is not worthy of our worship or adoration.

The Bible nowhere indicates that Mary can hear our prayers or that she can mediate for us with God. Sure it does. If not cancel all intercessory prayer at your Church. Ask NO ONE to pray for you because ...Jesus is our only advocate and mediator in heaven (1 Timothy 2:5). If offered worship, adoration, or prayers, Mary would say the same as the angels: “Worship God!” (see Revelation 19:10; 22:9.) Mary herself sets the example for us, directing her worship, adoration, and praise to God alone: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me — holy is His name” (Luke 1:46-49).
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No. With your logic, the Bible wouldn't exist, since it was written by man. Men telling men accounts that are sometimes told many times prior to writting it down.

You need a body, a leadership and authority to go to to confirm a belief. Thats why we have wgat we have and why even Jesus said that the if you don't believe even the church you are a "pagan or tax collector".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If what you believe about Mary is true and so important why wasn't it included in the Bible?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If what you believe about Mary is true and so important why wasn't it included in the Bible?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If what you believe about the preeminence of the Bible is true and so important why doesn't Christ make one mention of it in the Gospels? Why didn't He dictate or present some book while He was alive, a la Muhammad or Joseph Smith? What he does, though, is found a Church - a Church whose teachings you dismiss based on your interpretation of a collection of scriptures that same Church wrote and preserved, one that there is zero evidence was used in the manner you insist it be used today. It's as if if the teaching authority and spiritual integrity of early Church leaders lasted just long enough to get the book done, then *poof* it was gone.

You know what's "Un-Biblical? The nearly pagan idolatry of it within some Christian sects, combined with the rejection of Church authority to explain it in context.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Of what you believe about the preeminence of the Bible is true and so important why doesn't Christ make one mention of it in the Gospels? Why didn't He dictate or present some book while He was alive, a la Muhammad or Joseph Smith? What he does, though, is found a Church - a Church whose teachings you dismiss based on your interpretation of a collection of scriptures that same Church wrote and preserved, one that there is zero evidence as used in the manner you insist it be used today. It's as if if the teaching authority and spiritual integrity of early Church leaders lasted just long enough to get the book done, then *poof* it was gone.

You know what's "Un-Biblical? The nearly pagan idolatry of it within some Christian sects, combined with the rejection of Church authority to explain it in context.
View Quote
Thd reason we reject your church and many others like it, is becuase many of its practices and traditions are contradictory to the very words of Christ Himself.

There are churches today that embrace sin, particularly homosexuality, and then call themselves Christians.

We are supposed to detest sin, love our brothers, and pray for them.

Also, we are to correct you.

Jesus was very clear what one must do to be born again, and it doesn't include bowing down to a pope, idolatry, or elevating earthly men to positions just like the pharisses of His day.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Of what you believe about the preeminence of the Bible is true and so important why doesn't Christ make one mention of it in the Gospels? Why didn't He dictate or present some book while He was alive, a la Muhammad or Joseph Smith? What he does, though, is found a Church - a Church whose teachings you dismiss based on your interpretation of a collection of scriptures that same Church wrote and preserved, one that there is zero evidence as used in the manner you insist it be used today. It's as if if the teaching authority and spiritual integrity of early Church leaders lasted just long enough to get the book done, then *poof* it was gone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You falsely assume that that Church that Christ founded is your self appointed one. Did not Jesus at that were three or more are gathered in His name he is with them? Matthew 18:20
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thd reason we reject your church and many others like it, is becuase many of its practices and traditions are contradictory to the very words of Christ Himself.

There are churches today that embrace sin, particularly homosexuality, and then call themselves Christians.

We are supposed to detest sin, love our brothers, and pray for them.

Also, we are to correct you.

Jesus was very clear what one must do to be born again, and it doesn't include bowing down to a pope, idolatry, or elevating earthly men to positions just like the pharisses of His day.
View Quote
Much Protestantism boils down this hatred of Earthly authority in Jesus' name, despite the fact we have Jesus himself giving this authority.

Now, was this authority misused, corrupted or otherwise tainted on occasion? Absolutely. But self-derivation of Biblical truth has been roundly rejected through the centuries starting with the Fathers of the Church.

The argument rests on you showing the Petrine Commission ended with Peter's death, and then that authority somehow spread to all believers.

The reality is that you cannot at once rightly condemn false Biblical teaching and condemn the very mechanism that Jesus created, specifically earthly authorities, to correct such teaching, at the same time. You logically get one argument, or the other. If you suggest both, you elevate yourself to a unique position of Biblical authority as an earthly man.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Original Sin isn't an action, its a state.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You falsely assume that that Church that Christ founded is your self appointed one. Did not Jesus at that were three or more are gathered in His name he is with them? Matthew 18:20
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made no such claim, thought it is my belief, that today's Catholic Church is that Church. Plenty can and do disagree. That doesn't change the fact that rejection of Church authority is ironically unbiblical.

Orthodox Christians believe the Church in Rome went into Apostacy in the 11th Century. Mormons believe the whole enterprise went bust before the Bible was even put together, and had to be resurrected (pun intended) by Joseph Smith and pals. All still appreciate and understand the idea of Church authority, even while disagreeing where that authority legitimately lies these days.

As for "self-appointed?" I'll chalk that up as another ironically absurd statement demonstrating your continued focus on typing and not reading, a phenomenon clearly obvious when you lay out the same tired old strawmen.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top