Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 1:46:36 AM EDT
God the creator is certain to exist in one of them
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:57:37 AM EDT
[#1]
If that's proven correct I'll move to one where liberals do not exist.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:05:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't every comic book universe posit a multiverse?

DCEU claims there are only 52 while Marvel has so many there are multiple cross-time agencies managing millions of universes within their own respective boundaries.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought that there were only 11?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 7:09:02 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a non-sequitur.

Even if there are many universes, it doesn't mean there is any way for a being in one of them to influence every single event in another.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a non-sequitur.

Even if there are many universes, it doesn't mean there is any way for a being in one of them to influence every single event in another.
View Quote
I disagree it makes it a certainty. that one exist somewhere.

I personally believe science is wrong on many things we don't understand & that the alternative demisions are just a way to compensate sloppy math that does not fit the observation.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Conscious observation is required for probability waves to form into reality.  Whose consciousness
do you suppose holds the reality that is us? 

He exists in any and all dimensions.

The 11 dimension are the spatial dimensions.  The dimensions that He exists in allows Him to be with us
at all times even though we aren't aware of his presence in the 3 dimensions of our existence.

When the "veil" was rent on the day of the crucifixion, the death of Yehushua became the door by which we become
clean to pass through the veil into His pure and divine presence, into the dimension He exists in.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me." John 14:6
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Conscious observation is required for probability waves to form into reality.  Whose consciousness
do you suppose holds the reality that is us? 

He exists in any and all dimensions.

The 11 dimension are the spatial dimensions.  The dimensions that He exists in allows Him to be with us
at all times even though we aren't aware of his presence in the 3 dimensions of our existence.

When the "veil" was rent on the day of the crucifixion, the death of Yehushua became the door by which we become
clean to pass through the veil into His pure and divine presence, into the dimension He exists in.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me." John 14:6
View Quote
I like that. God observes, thus shapes outcomes on a cosmic scale. I hadn't considered that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I disagree it makes it a certainty. that one exist somewhere.

I personally believe science is wrong on many things we don't understand & that the alternative demisions are just a way to compensate sloppy math that does not fit the observation.
View Quote
Why do you assume that if many universes exist, then entities in one will necessarily be able to interact with entities in another?

Again, this is just your feeling. It is by no means a necessary conclusion given your premise.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I like that. God observes, thus shapes outcomes on a cosmic scale. I hadn't considered that.
View Quote
What about the flip side of that argument?

"If that was true, then quantum uncertainty wouldn't be a thing, since he'd be observing everything. Thus quantum mechanics proves there isn't an omniscient observer."

In the end, I believe using science to try shoehorn in gods, or completely disprove the possibility of gods, are both just pissing in the wind.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd move to the one where Lenin was never allowed to live and where Imperial Germany won WWI.

He'll, I'd move to the won where Colonial Africa still exists.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
God = the universes.

Not sure why you would limit God to only one universe, it's not like there are limited powers he only gets when he puts on a cape.  He's got ALL of them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"If that was true, then quantum uncertainty wouldn't be a thing, since he'd be observing everything. Thus quantum mechanics proves there isn't an omniscient observer."

In the end, I believe using science to try shoehorn in gods, or completely disprove the possibility of gods, are both just pissing in the wind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about another possibility, the one in which his consciousness leaves the probabilities and possibilities open except for that which conforms to his divine will, that being the existence of us and his plan for us.  Our free will shapes the rest.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Let's keep it respectful please ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What about another possibility, the one in which his consciousness leaves the probabilities and possibilities open except for that which conforms to his divine will, that being the existence of us and his plan for us.  Our free will shapes the rest.
View Quote
And another: if one removes the need for an omniscient god, all these arguments go out the window. Everything from god collapsing the wave function, to Heisenberg uncertainty principle: where does god fit in, to predestination vs. free will, then become unnecessary arguments to have in relation to gods.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And another: if one removes the need for an omniscient god, all these arguments go out the window. Everything from god collapsing the wave function, to Heisenberg uncertainty principle: where does god fit in, to predestination vs. free will, then become unnecessary arguments to have in relation to gods.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok Mr. Contrarian.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
"God is not bound by the rules he makes."
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:05:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ok Mr. Contrarian.
View Quote
Hey, we're all just throwing out possibilities here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#18]
In an infinite universe anything can happen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:13:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Edited.
Oops.  Missed this was the safe space...  My bad.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Triggered.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You'd have to be autistic to come into the "Religion" forum and complain people are posting about God.  Do you not realize where you are?  I was banned from GD, but yet your "kind" follow me here to complain about religious threads. 
View Quote
Sorry about that.  I use the active topics to browse the site.  See ya gents, my bad.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#22]
thanks for the discussion lots of very good ideas in here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top