Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Show us your bike(s) (Page 118 of 126)
Page / 126
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:46:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rc51pilot] [#1]
My midlife crisis

Page ownage!

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
2018 Indian CDH... bought summer of 2020 to help deal with the Pandemic sh1t-st0rm and a need to CHILL.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a pic of my favorite bike. 1997 YZF1000 Thunderace. The only bike I never should've sold.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
60 degrees next week ! whoohoo!

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

04 Electraglide classic
06 Heritage classic
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
It's been about a year and a half since that guy nailed me and totalled my Victory. Some of you may recall that when I regained use of my legs I picked up a sidecar rig so I could continue riding while I healed.

I think I'm to the point where I can go back to two wheels. I performed a hackectomy and removed my training wheel. The next step is a test ride (probably today or tomorrow) to check the handling and decide whether I need to replace the triple tree or if it's acceptable with this one.

Going to two wheels is the last major milestone of my recovery.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37906/IMG_20210306_170625029_2-1857284.jpg
View Quote

Damn man. Sorry to hear that but glad you’re still around to ride. I wish you all the best.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 5:52:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brohawk] [#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:18:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhunter851] [#13]
My new ride 2021 softtail  standardAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Sold my R1 and finally got something more suited to the area I live in.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#16]

@subcanis. Not sure how I missed this picture, but Wow!
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Easter Sunday solo ride.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Auto blipper and oil change.  

Got a quick squirt in.  So nice.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 55Kingpin:
https://i.imgur.com/9PjmtyK.jpg
View Quote

I would spend the money to get the Roland Sands rear tail.

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

That's bad ass !   Been looking at this model................trying to be responsible.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: golfish] [#22]
View Quote

We used to go to the flat track races in Phoenix every year for the Arizona mile (the last one was 2018) Indian dominated every year we went. HD was mostly 2nd but they were working on getting back on top again.

That's a cool bike.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:08:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 55Kingpin] [#23]
Originally Posted By KA3B:

https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalassets/indian/root/flat-track-race/ftr-750/bike-ftr-750-lg.jpg?v=6f596eec
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KA3B:

https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalassets/indian/root/flat-track-race/ftr-750/bike-ftr-750-lg.jpg?v=6f596eec

I've thought about that, but still not sure the direction I'll take the seat, I want to put some more miles on.  

Originally Posted By enigma1:

That's bad ass !   Been looking at this model................trying to be responsible.

Just do it!  The '22s are going to be hitting dealers soon.  You might find a leftover '19 or '20 for cheap-er.  However, if you have a short inseam the '22 will fit you better.  If you ride one you'll want to take it home I'm sure.

Originally Posted By golfish:

We used to go to the flat track races in Phoenix every year for the Arizona mile (the last one was 2018) Indian dominated every year we went. HD was mostly 2nd but they were working on getting back on top again.

That's a cool bike.

Indian is definitely putting some heat on HD in the cruiser market as well.  It also appears Indian is willing to listen to their customers and they seem to have a better pulse on the market.  

I want to hit up a race sometime this year, I've never seen a flat track race live before.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#24]
After months of being down for maintenance and a few upgrades. The occasional braaap is way too much fun!

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Couldn't find a mill for the scavenger hunt thread so I went out for a scenic shot.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#26]
2010 Triumph Thunderbird
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Finally added a BFL to the BMW:
Attachment Attached File

Tahoe BFL can be seen in the background too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Gyrene84:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235580/IMG_20210421_191412_jpg-1914050.JPG

View Quote

BFL and reflective bits, check.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#30]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235580/IMG_20210421_191412_jpg-1914050.JPG

View Quote

Have you had the BFL? All they had was orange last time I checked.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:40:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gyrene84] [#31]
Originally Posted By 217:

View All Quotes

I needed a two inch, so I printed my own.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:39:02 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Oh ok.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Attachment Attached File

2021 Chieftain Darkhorse in Ruby Smoke
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#35]

My 02 softail standard,bought it new, repainted black with pin stripes
103 with ported heads, 615/585 gear drive cams, mikuni 45, S&S oil pump, Thunderheader

Smooth and quick
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:23:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I JUST got my license this tuesday for the first time and I am picking up my ride this friday from the shop where it got some much needed checks and minor repairs. I am NOT posting a pic of it due to the rough nature of it and limited funds. looks like something rescued from a scrap heap to be honest.

Oh forgot to mention, It's an 1982 Yamaha Virago 750.

When I bought it for $250 a few years ago, it hadn't run in over a year, front tire was flat, missing right side cover. front right turn signal was broken off, headlight bucket was cracked, instrument cluster was badly damaged. There were a few other issues too. Fork seals were bad and front brakes needed replacement, starter button didn't work.

Well, I rebuilt the carbs but didn't put gas in it, had a new front tire put on in one year. Then it sat for about another year. I finally got it into the shop this year. Had the fork seals done, front brakes, starter button fixed, fluids checked or changed as needed. Ordered a headlight bucket, right front turn signal and a great condition instrument cluster.

Have a seat in good condition coming and a right side cover panel and an owners manual too.

I figure over the winter I will pull the tank and side panels and have a shop paint them all the same color and make them look better.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rc51pilot:
My midlife crisis
Page ownage!
https://imgur.com/MUjtK9T
View Quote

Screen name checks out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 3:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: virgilc1984] [#38]
Originally Posted By Nightwolf357:
I JUST got my license this tuesday for the first time and I am picking up my ride this friday from the shop where it got some much needed checks and minor repairs. I am NOT posting a pic of it due to the rough nature of it and limited funds. looks like something rescued from a scrap heap to be honest.

When I bought it for $250 a few years ago, it hadn't run in over a year, front tire was flat, missing right side cover. front right turn signal was broken off, headlight bucket was cracked, instrument cluster was badly damaged. There were a few other issues too. Fork seals were bad and front brakes needed replacement, starter button didn't work.

Well, I rebuilt the carbs but didn't put gas in it, had a new front tire put on in one year. Then it sat for about another year. I finally got it into the shop this year. Had the fork seals done, front brakes, starter button fixed, fluids checked or changed as needed. Ordered a headlight bucket, right front turn signal and a great condition instrument cluster.

Have a seat in good condition coming and a right side cover panel and an owners manual too.

I figure over the winter I will pull the tank and side panels and have a shop paint them all the same color and make them look better.
View Quote

That is great, have you taken the MSF course?

No reason to be shy about your ride.
There is a lot more pride to be had for a bike that you put some work into than one you just financed
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
My brother had a Virago for a few years. He really liked it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:03:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nightwolf357] [#40]
@virgilc1984

Yep, I took the MSF course and the practical at a local place that had their own full sized "range" as they called it.  I was riding a royal enfield Himalaya bike. it was ok and did fine through the course.  I wouldn't buy one though, when all the other bikes were fine in second gear the royal would be dogging in second or if you dropped it to first you would be winding the gear out.  

Just got the right side cover panel today and need to rattle can it for the season.  then over the winter both side panels and the tank will get painted nicely.

Will have a pic or 2 tomorrow when I go to the shop to pick it up.

Edit: While at the course, they suggested that you leave it in first gear to keep it from rolling when you park it.   How many people actually do that?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Edit: While at the course, they suggested that you leave it in first gear to keep it from rolling when you park it.   How many people actually do that?
View Quote

Every single time with every single bike I've ever owned. Also leave it in gear with the clutch pulled in at every stop.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#42]
@virgilc1984

Yep, I took the MSF course and the practical at a local place that had their own full sized "range" as they called it.  I was riding a royal enfield Himalaya bike. it was ok and did fine through the course.  I wouldn't buy one though, when all the other bikes were fine in second gear the royal would be dogging in second or if you dropped it to first you would be winding the gear out.  

Just got the right side cover panel today and need to rattle can it for the season.  then over the winter both side panels and the tank will get painted nicely.

Will have a pic or 2 tomorrow when I go to the shop to pick it up.

View Quote

Glad to hear you took the course, smart move and a much better chance of not becoming a statistic.

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By pokey074:

Every single time with every single bike I've ever owned. Also leave it in gear with the clutch pulled in at every stop.
View Quote

x2 on both putting it in gear to park and at stop signs/lights

only time I dont park it in neutral is in my garage, makes it easier to move around the garage to get to stuff, and if I am not riding the next day I shut off the fuel and run the carb dry so it doesnt gunk up
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muld3r] [#44]
Attachment Attached File

Edit: Arfcom rotated my pic
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Little dirty, but looked nice with the cherry trees at work the other day.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Love that color - congrats!! Break it in, get a Bren Tune stage 2, and turn off traction control!

lots of good info:
https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NWJohnny] [#48]
My 71 minitrail (125 swap) next to my brothers brand new Monkey.

My brothers came over on their grom and Monkey.. Cruised the neighborhood a bit. The monkey is a cool bike.

My minitrail is a little hooligan bike- Originally a little 50cc, now has more than twice the power, and your weight is right on top of the rear axle.

I learned to ride on it when I was young. Now I have a young son, but the engine swap makes this bike way too powerful for him to learn on. Might have to pick him up a crf50.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Well screw me!  I paid to have all the basics check and repaired, added parts that were needed and the damn bike is basically a running paperweight.

Turns out that the guy that I bought it from did not tell me that he beat the ever loving crap out of the bike and killed the transmission. So I have about $1,500 total into the bike for a running paperweight.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 126
Tacked Show us your bike(s) (Page 118 of 126)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top