Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Show us your bike(s) (Page 114 of 126)
Page / 126
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:50:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hanz:
That's a great looking bike!

Thank you for your service.
View Quote
Yeah X2.  Thank you.  Sorry to hear you can't ride any more.

Uh oh, top of page.  Let me post a cool bike.....  Won't be mine though.

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 8:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#2]
Old girl got some love she cleans up nicely. Took her out and did some riding today. First time this summer since I got the BMW. Love this bike but holy crap I'm getting old. My poor wrists

Link Posted: 9/5/2019 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By delete:
08 Anniversary HD, It only has 125 miles on it.
I use to take it out of the garage once a year and start it up.
Now I just go out there and sit on it for a while.
I am a disabled combat Vet and can no longer ride it, but I can sit on it and remember the good old days.
Loaded with most of the options that you could get on it.
Ron

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132102/my_20harley_jpg-1077437.JPG
View Quote
I'll never forget the look of those 105th anniversary HD's; there was one on display inside a cafe on base in Sasebo while I was stationed there from 2007-2010. Very cool!
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
Old girl got some love she cleans up nicely. Took her out and did some riding today. First time this summer since I got the BMW. Love this bike but holy crap I'm getting old. My poor wrists

http://magaimg.net/img/8vxy.jpg
View Quote
great bike.  friend had one, until he tried to do a standup wheelie and sent it.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
great bike.  friend had one, until he tried to do a standup wheelie and sent it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:

http://magaimg.net/img/8vxy.jpg
Old CBR is best CBR.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Shes a beauty!
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 10:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CheckEngine] [#7]
This was my 21st Bday present to myself bought brand new in 2003.

Two sets of plastics and a couple engine tear downs over the years.  I really hated the white wheels after a few years and a buddy of mine traded all the plastics and wheels so it went from blue and white to black and yellow.  Redline in 6th was 172 indicated with stock gearing..Not bad.  Bike was minty when I sold it even with 35,000+ miles and looked and ran as good as the day I bought it. Crankshaft counterweight bolts backed out around  20,000 miles and nearly killed the engine but I tore it down and repaired the crank.  Rode it all the time for a few more years.  Once I got into my mid 30's it really bothered my knees on any ride longer than 30 minutes and finally sold it a couple a years ago.  Getting old sucks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Went camping on Kelley's Island this weekend.

Link Posted: 9/9/2019 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
In case you missed my post in GD about my Near Death Experience, my Vic XCT was totalled on 23 August when I was rear-ended while stopped at a light. My normal practice is to watch my mirrors while slowing, and when stopped until a car is stopped behind me, but the rising sun filled my mirrors and I had zero viz to my six o'clock.

When the Highway Patrol officer who responded caught up with me in the ER, he told me the bike was spread across three lanes. I can talk about what happened to me with no anxiety, but honestly, guys, telling about my wife's experience tears me up. On her way to the hospital she drove past the scene and saw the wreckage of my bike laying in the street. Can't imagine what that was like for her. But, when she walked into the exam room she totally under control and all strength. In over three decades of marriage she continues to impress me.

I'm currently in a wheelchair. Surgery to install some hardware was on 28 August. At the six week mark I'll be able to start using my right leg and graduate to a walker or crutches. Four weeks after that I can start using my left leg. After that, I'll start shopping for my next bike.

Riding is an activity that brings joy to my life, and I'm not going to let the guy who did this rob me of it.

Ride on, and be safe out there.
View All Quotes
'12 Victory XCT. A while back I got on it early in the morning in Summerville, SC, and 14 hours later I was in Elmira, NY. Great ride.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37906/21414754_1468993859821426_5090745283470328969_o-1009211.jpg
In case you missed my post in GD about my Near Death Experience, my Vic XCT was totalled on 23 August when I was rear-ended while stopped at a light. My normal practice is to watch my mirrors while slowing, and when stopped until a car is stopped behind me, but the rising sun filled my mirrors and I had zero viz to my six o'clock.

When the Highway Patrol officer who responded caught up with me in the ER, he told me the bike was spread across three lanes. I can talk about what happened to me with no anxiety, but honestly, guys, telling about my wife's experience tears me up. On her way to the hospital she drove past the scene and saw the wreckage of my bike laying in the street. Can't imagine what that was like for her. But, when she walked into the exam room she totally under control and all strength. In over three decades of marriage she continues to impress me.

I'm currently in a wheelchair. Surgery to install some hardware was on 28 August. At the six week mark I'll be able to start using my right leg and graduate to a walker or crutches. Four weeks after that I can start using my left leg. After that, I'll start shopping for my next bike.

Riding is an activity that brings joy to my life, and I'm not going to let the guy who did this rob me of it.

Best wishes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing fancy or scary, but $6 in gas gets me to work and back for three weeks.

2012 NC700X

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mainsail:
Nothing fancy or scary, but $6 in gas gets me to work and back for three weeks.

2012 NC700X

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Bike1_jpg-1089092.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Wings_jpg-1089091.JPG
View Quote
What is that besides Honda of course?  Can't make is out and have never seen that model,  Cool bike!
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Latest pony in the stable...
2009 VStrom 650DL
Got it in July with 6500 miles. Great bike!

Attachment Attached File

Added a bunch of farkles...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
I'll never forget the look of those 105th anniversary HD's; there was one on display inside a cafe on base in Sasebo while I was stationed there from 2007-2010. Very cool!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Originally Posted By delete:
08 Anniversary HD, It only has 125 miles on it.
I use to take it out of the garage once a year and start it up.
Now I just go out there and sit on it for a while.
I am a disabled combat Vet and can no longer ride it, but I can sit on it and remember the good old days.
Loaded with most of the options that you could get on it.
Ron

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132102/my_20harley_jpg-1077437.JPG
My dad had one. When he died, I took his truck specifically so my brother would get the bike but he doesn't really care. Will probably be for sale soon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
Inspiressional. God bless I hope you ride again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mainsail] [#16]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:

What is that besides Honda of course?  Can't make is out and have never seen that model,  Cool bike!
View Quote
It's one of Honda's more... ah... different bikes.  Red lines at ~6300rpm because it's half a car engine.  The low rpm gives it great mileage though; lots of low end grunt.  The extreme tilt of the engine puts the center of gravity very low compared to similar bikes like the v-strom.  I have a 31" inseam so I'm balls-of-the-feet when I stop, but the bike handles great and is easy to ride well even for beginners (like me).

The trouble about many of the reviews is the reviewers always get the automatic transmission version but mine is the six-speed.

They're sleeper bikes because they are available for very little scratch and more versatile and fun than the more popular bikes.

https://www.cycleworld.com/2012/10/18/honda-nc700x-road-test/
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#17]

In the dealers parking lot.

Went for a little ride, only 1 tank of gas
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Nightdriver:
https://i.imgur.com/kSOZiMZ.jpg
In the dealers parking lot.

https://i.imgur.com/7TtM1aE.jpg
Went for a little ride, only 1 tank of gas
View Quote
I dig it.

If I took a pic of my ‘99 Road King at this moment, it would show the pan underneath the transmission to catch all the fluid that’s leaked out since the main seal let go last weekend. A local shop will handle the repair, but I’m bike-less until then. It’s too damn hot to ride it, anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Met up with some guys from the neighborhood for a ride through the country. 2 triumphs, 2 Hondas, 1 Yamaha.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Here's my old girl from 1994. Still the original owner after all these many years.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Met up with a buddy to go camping and ride the Triple Nickel this weekend.

Found this guy trying to hitch a ride.

Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:

It's only a Praying Mantis.  No need to be shooting holes in your windshield for Petes sake
View Quote
Those were there when I bought the bike. Figure the previous owner had a gopro mounted there. Fortunately they're only in my line of sight if I'm laying down on the tank, which isn't really how that bike wants to be ridden.

Mantis was on the inside of the windshield and was struggling for grip. Had one foot in the rough hole and the rest were floundering. I got him to grab on to a stick and moved him to a tree before I took off.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By zx9rt1texas:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356528/ZX9R_jpg-1091542.JPG

Here's my old girl from 1994. Still the original owner after all these many years.
View Quote
That is an exact clone of my very first motorcycle.  I bought it used in 1999.  Man that brings back memories.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Friday bump.  Just washed her and took her out on a quick errand.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By phurba:
Those were there when I bought the bike. Figure the previous owner had a gopro mounted there.
View Quote
Speed holes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:07:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#27]
Update 10/7: well it definitely unlocks some mid-throttle response and it's a little faster overall. I like it. Bren Tuning sent me a corrupted map at first and it took way too long to get that sorted - but they did and I'm up and running. The throttle response feels more "natural" I guess for a 1600 inline 6. But I've traded throttle governing for wheel-spin governing. That can be turned off - I haven't yet.

Original Post:

Rode just under 500 miles today. Was hoping this showed up before the trip - so of course it it showed up today when I was gone. Governor is crazy strict on this bike. Forums have good things to say will report back:

Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#28]
My 2015 Fatboy lo in Deadwood last month.

Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By cowboyrick:

https://i.imgur.com/ZX6uYlI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jyeQG98.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cowboyrick:

https://i.imgur.com/ZX6uYlI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jyeQG98.jpg
View Quote
Doesn't look at all like the TV show.  

Very nice pic and bike.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Cold 3 hour ride out in the country this morning.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#32]
We need a like button cuz I feel like a stalker oogling and commenting over everyone's bikes all the time.  But that's a loot of Triumph goodness right there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#33]

My grandson.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Awesome
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 3:30:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#37]
My 2 hobbies in one picture.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#38]
HOT.  What would be really cool is a picture of you riding down the road with your AR slung over your back.  LOL.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
HOT.  What would be really cool is a picture of you riding down the road with your AR slung over your back.  LOL.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RO73:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JJREA:
Never been done before...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By zx9rt1texas:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356528/ZX9R_jpg-1091542.JPG

View Quote
Nice bike.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69748/AKontheFreeway_jpg-1135861.JPG
View Quote
Is that you or just some random guy?
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Motor just got a fresh top end at 57 hours. New valves, forged Wiseco piston, cam chain, oil pump, Hinson clutch, the head and cylinder were decked and cylinder honed, every bearing in the chassis greased again, and the suspension rebuilt with new seals front and back. Also threw on some fresh plastics, graphics, and seat cover.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69748/AKontheFreeway_jpg-1135861.JPG
Ancient interwebs picture.  I don't own an AK.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Upgraded today!  Traded my KTM 690 Duke in on a 1290 Super Duke R.  Great deal on an immaculate 2015 with only 367 miles and some mods I wanted.  Gonna be a long winter here in MN!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By DnTrdNMe:
Upgraded today!  Traded my KTM 690 Duke in on a 1290 Super Duke R.  Great deal on an immaculate 2015 with only 367 miles and some mods I wanted.  Gonna be a long winter here in MN!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/342743/image000000_jpg-1146895.JPG
View Quote
Hnnnnnnnnnng
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DnTrdNMe:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/342743/image000000_jpg-1146895.JPG
View Quote
My license would not survive that bike.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Bhart89:

My license would not survive that bike.
View Quote
It might not, but its a risk I'm willing to take!
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#50]
My '16  FJR1300...

Page / 126
Tacked Show us your bike(s) (Page 114 of 126)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top