Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:41:43 AM EDT
I have a daily driver (2 dr. 2wd Explorer). The closest I come to off road is my dirt driveway. I almost never tow. The most weight in the vehicle is my Fat Ass. (I did have 210 Lbs Sand in back over the winter).

I will be getting rid of the car in about a year.

However, the front tires have broken belts--and I don't want to spend much on the vehicle now.

Can I use "Car" tires instead of Light Truck tires?

Thanks!!

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:48:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 10:49:11 AM EDT by ar-wrench]
Car tires are what I put on my S10 Blazer, shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:04:59 PM EDT
Usually it's not a problem, but I would look on the inside of the drivers door -or door jamb- for the factory tire size info. If the tire info on the door sticker has a P-235/75/R... etc. instead of an LT-235.. then you can use either.

LT tires have higher load ratings, basically that means they can support more weight. LT tires have more belts/plies and stronger sidewalls. When you replace a LT rated vehicle tire with the same tire in a P rating, you increase the chances of tire failure or blowouts.

My Chevy Blaser is P rated on the door, but I use LT tires because I take it through some rough terrain a few times a year when I go hunting.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:55:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ar-wrench:
Car tires are what I put on my S10 Blazer, shouldn't be a problem.

We also have P 235/75 on our Chevy Blazer. No problems and we live on a ranch with lots of gravel roads and mud.
Top Top