Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:07:38 PM EDT
       OK I'm going to rant a little. I live in a residential neighborhood. It's a nice place with big yards and custom homes. Now with big driveways and three car garages you would think most of these people would put their cars there. OH NO. They park on the street. I don't know what the deal is. This one guy parks his jeep on the street , I go by his house every day and have seen his garage. It has plenty of space for his car. Other people have one car in their driveway and three on the street. It drives me crazy. If two cars are coming at each other one will have to slow down and let the other guy go because of how jacked up the streets in my neighborhood are. Ok I'm better now. I do believe people can park wherever they want but it could be a safety issue when kids are at play.
 As a funny side note people in my old neighborhood used to do the same thing. The guy who lived across the street would constantly park on the street right behind my driveway. I was always careful backing out. One day my wife jumps in the truck( a 4x4 dodge extended cab with a long bed) were talking a long,big truck. She goes flying out of the drive and backs straight into the guys Grand Am. I thought she was going to flip it. She busted out all the windows on his passenger side and pretty much caved the whole side in. My dodge had a little scuff on the bumper(it buffed out).I saw the whole thing and had to go inside because I thought I was going to piss myself laughing. It was up on two wheels until she pulled away. I'm serious , you should see her drive. I've heard "Mommy got pulled over" from my kids more than once!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know about IN, but here its technically illegal for kids to play in the street in the first place.

I park on teh street as do most my neighbors. Everyone in the house leaves at various times and I come home at 3am so pulling in teh driveway isnt an option since I'll shine the bedroom windows when I pull in. Plus with 3 cars and 2 bikes, space is limited in teh driveway.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I do understand about that type of thing but people with a three car garage and a thirty foot wide driveway ought to be able to fit two cars in it. Kids don't usually play in the street but every other home in my neighborhood has a basketball goal and kids are fetching balls all the time. Reasons such as yours are why I never really bitch to anyone about where they park. I figure they have their reasons for parking where they do. I don't have to like it though. The guy who's car my wife wasted however got what he deserved. I saw him more than once watching as I backed out of my drive barely missing his car ,yet he parked there all the time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Until today, I parked in the garage.  Starting today, the garage is full of projects.  Therefore, I park in the driveway

Actually, my car is sitting on the street right now, but thats only because my neighbor (duplex) had friends over that didn't know they shouldn't park on my half of the driveway.  No big deal, when they leave I'll move my car.

There's enough stupid people out there, they don't need my car as another target obstical.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
       OK I'm going to rant a little. I live in a residential neighborhood. It's a nice place with big yards and custom homes. Now with big driveways and three car garages you would think most of these people would put their cars there. OH NO. They park on the street. I don't know what the deal is. This one guy parks his jeep on the street , I go by his house every day and have seen his garage. It has plenty of space for his car. Other people have one car in their driveway and three on the street. It drives me crazy. If two cars are coming at each other one will have to slow down and let the other guy go because of how jacked up the streets in my neighborhood are. Ok I'm better now. I do believe people can park wherever they want but it could be a safety issue when kids are at play.
 As a funny side note people in my old neighborhood used to do the same thing. The guy who lived across the street would constantly park on the street right behind my driveway. I was always careful backing out. One day my wife jumps in the truck( a 4x4 dodge extended cab with a long bed) were talking a long,big truck. She goes flying out of the drive and backs straight into the guys Grand Am. I thought she was going to flip it. She busted out all the windows on his passenger side and pretty much caved the whole side in. My dodge had a little scuff on the bumper(it buffed out).I saw the whole thing and had to go inside because I thought I was going to piss myself laughing. It was up on two wheels until she pulled away. I'm serious , you should see her drive. I've heard "Mommy got pulled over" from my kids more than once!!

I feel your pain.  Regardless if you live in a high-class, white collar neighborhood, or a shithole trailer park, for some reason every other asshole on the block wants to park their damn car on the fucking street.  I don't understand it myself.

It would be awesome to see a video or some pics of your wife creaming that dip-shit's Grand Am.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I do understand about that type of thing but people with a three car garage and a thirty foot wide driveway ought to be able to fit two cars in it. Kids don't usually play in the street but every other home in my neighborhood has a basketball goal and kids are fetching balls all the time. Reasons such as yours are why I never really bitch to anyone about where they park. I figure they have their reasons for parking where they do. I don't have to like it though. The guy who's car my wife wasted however got what he deserved. I saw him more than once watching as I backed out of my drive barely missing his car ,yet he parked there all the time.

I have said it before I will say it again...

Fucking dumb asses !! Idiots and duh !!!

Do you find yourself asking WTF is wrong with these assholes who just dont get it ??

I do and I figure its all in the gene pool thing..

I have a neigbor that insist on parking right behind my driveway when he has 40'  across and yet has to park in front of his sidewalk to the house. I asked him one day if he saw anything wrong with this picture and he said he never thought about..I told he well if he was trying to back his boat out one day and I was parked there he would get it !! DUH !! stupid people.

When someones car get side swipped by some dumb ass drunk late one night and they dont stop and you have to pay their own repairs they might think twice about parking in the street, so what you have to get up and go move your vehicle or jocky them around.

I feel better now...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:30:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I only parked in the street when neccesary. Even though I always had more cars than I needed or could even use I always figured out how to keep them in the driveway or garage. My main reason was I never trusted all the non-driving folk out there and didn't want to become the victim of a late night hit and run. If I did have to park something out there it was usually my jeep, most people would try to avoid anything with big steel bumpers especially if they were high enough to really do damage to the non-driving street menaces car.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets a littlee pissed at this stuff. I mean it's not bad enough to say something about for the most part but it's annoying to see ten cars on the streets and none in the driveways. Oh well!! The guy who's Grand Am got smashed sure learned fast for sure!! I'm sure that some people have a legitimate reason for sure but the others can get stuffed!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I've parked my cars on the street a few times, but those occassions were caused by excessive projects in my garage/driveway.  I always try to park on my driveway because it's safer for my cars.  Sometimes you just can't but getting your car swiped isn't fun.  I had it happen, and it cost me $500 for my deductable (just a small dent and broken headlight, but $1400 worth of it).  Plus, the drive is a closer walk than the street
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top