Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:42:55 PM EDT

Note the "saddlebags"  Nice use of ammo cans.
Even if they are UN blue
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Whats wrong with the bike? I'll bet 100 dollars it gets ridden more than any 10 members bikes. Man thats what bikes are all about if your going to ride them then ride them. I think its a cool cycle and would ride the hell out of it and  I admire some one that dedicated to rideing period.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Whats wrong with the bike? I'll bet 100 dollars it gets ridden more than any 10 members bikes. Man thats what bikes are all about if your going to ride them then ride them.

Watch out now, I own no car or truck and ride a scoot 24/7/365. (only 4 wheeled vehicle I own is a Honda Foreman ATV, up at the farm)

Mike

ps - e-mail me here at "[email protected]" and I'll tell ya where you can send my 100 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#3]
That looks like something "Wild Bill" Gelbke would ride.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'll say this - I don't know how some people get along without saddle bags. Some days it's not cold enough for a jacket but I know I'll need it later in the day or night, so into a saddlebag it goes. Same for chaps in autumn. I can make a bookstore run, or a liquor store run on my bike and know that the saddlebags will hold what I buy. They hold water or a sport drink on a hot summer day. They store my goggles and gloves, my lock, my cap, and will hold handguns and ammo for a trip to the range. They hold tools and a map. I've stopped off at the grocery store after work and gotten quite a bit of food. Saddlebags hold a lot. A bike without them is limited in its practical use. The bike with the ammo cans is inventive and the storage is cheap. I used to have a 20mm ammo can beside my Lazyboy for my coffee cup, beer bottle or whiskey glass. I love miitary ammo cans. He should have left them green, though.

GL
my bike
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Whats wrong with the bike? I'll bet 100 dollars it gets ridden more than any 10 members bikes. Man thats what bikes are all about if your going to ride them then ride them. I think its a cool cycle and would ride the hell out of it and  I admire some one that dedicated to rideing period.

Whoah...chill out....

Nothing's wrong with the bike.. I just thought the use of ammo-cans as saddlebags was amusing, that's all.

Of course, I *personally* would have left the ammo cans green, rather than paint them UN blue.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#6]
That isn't UN blue but TRAINING BLUE.  Those ammo cans held the training ammo for the Bushmaster in a Bradley.  Training ammo is much cheaper than the high-speed stuff that ventilates enemy tanks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That isn't UN blue but TRAINING BLUE.  Those ammo cans held the training ammo for the Bushmaster in a Bradley.  Training ammo is much cheaper than the high-speed stuff that ventilates enemy tanks.

Ah, well, that's ok then.  

I guess UN blue is a little bit lighter.

Now....who's bike is it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#8]
WoW!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, I'll say this - I don't know how some people get along without saddle bags. Some days it's not cold enough for a jacket but I know I'll need it later in the day or night, so into a saddlebag it goes. Same for chaps in autumn. I can make a bookstore run, or a liquor store run on my bike and know that the saddlebags will hold what I buy. They hold water or a sport drink on a hot summer day. They store my goggles and gloves, my lock, my cap, and will hold handguns and ammo for a trip to the range. They hold tools and a map. I've stopped off at the grocery store after work and gotten quite a bit of food. Saddlebags hold a lot. A bike without them is limited in its practical use. The bike with the ammo cans is inventive and the storage is cheap. I used to have a 20mm ammo can beside my Lazyboy for my coffee cup, beer bottle or whiskey glass. I love miitary ammo cans. He should have left them green, though.

GL
my bike

I agree saddle bags are the shit.....on a riding buddies bike lol.  I use a a back pack often though, I can fit whatever I need into it usually.  On more than one occasion i've ridden home with a case of beer in my jacket though.

If I lived where I could ride year round, you bet i'd have a bike with saddlebags on it. I've got a goldwing with a sidecar on it now as a bike to use for those types of runs, but i'm fixing to sell it as I don't ride it very often.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top