BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OH CRAP!  This thread go bumped in my active topics and my wife just saw it.

She's got the fever bad now!

Fingers crossed they don't come out with Hot Pink!

I believe it was called "Panther Pink".    Make mine Hemi Orange!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in for GoManGo green!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well at least you don't want the babyshit yellow!

That was called "Top Banana"
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#5]
make mine F7 sherwood green, reminds me of O/D

Nice ASS

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Well, the HemiOrange is cool, but i'd love one in TX9 Formal Black to match the 'Cuda currently in the third garage......
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Lots of Challenger pictures here:
    www.dodgeboy.net/news/challenger/index.htm

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't help but recall the Charger prototype vs. the Charger production.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Frankly, I didn't like the Charger prototype....not that I overly impressed with the production car either.  I will say the prototype Charger had the look of a prototype.  It looked more like rolling art than an automobile you could envision rolling down the highway.  Certainly more like an artists concept vs a MaMopar muscle machine (say that five times fast!).

I don't get the same impression from the prototype Challenger. It looks much more likely (for lack of a better word)...I could be wrong, but hope I'm not...

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nice! I'm up for a Cuda too!

Me too...too bad they dropped Plymouth...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Remember, the Charger prototype was based on the old LH cab forward FWD cars back in 99. The new Charger is RWD and hemi powered.  The "prototype Charger" was nothing more than a show car to explore the limits of the LH chassis and was never really expected to go into production.

That being said, I still think the '99 Charger is better looking than the new one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There  were MANY years between these two vehicles.  The original concept had an LP engine in it too, remember?

The game changed between 1999 and 2005.  Camaro wasn't selling well, and the Mustang wasn't retro or sporty enough.  Times have changed.  Ponycars are the rage.
Besides, this time we are only talking about a 2-3 year gap at most.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Interesting article regarding the Challenger today:

www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060118/AUTO04/601180393/1148/BIZ

2006 North American International Auto Show

Challenger buff bares it all inside auto show

Woman sneaks in late to pose nude atop the new Dodge concept car

John Wisely / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- Forget Desperate Housewives, the sexiest display at the Auto Show may have been one that started long after the doors were locked.

Show officials are trying to learn who sneaked a tipsy blond woman onto the Cobo Center show floor about 2:30 a.m. Monday to pose nude atop the new Dodge Challenger.

"We heard they were all over the Challenger," said Jason Vines, vice president of communications for the Chrysler Group, which earlier brought in the very-clothed actress Eva Longoria to pose with its exhibit. "Obviously, this car is a magnet. We want people to love these cars but not in that way."

Workers said security guards found the woman posing while more than a dozen others gawked and snapped photos with camera phones. Cobo Director Glenn Blanton said the city is investigating.

"If employees were involved, there will be discipline," he said.

Show officials are taking the security breach seriously. "The only people who are supposed to be on the floor at that time are people who are working," said Rod Alberts of the Detroit Auto Dealers Association, which sponsors the show. "We want to get to the bottom of this and make sure it doesn't happen again."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top