Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:15:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#1]
Got my unreliable battery replaced by a random dodge dealer under warranty.

Embarrassed me and thought I was stranded a few times. Wouldn't start when run for 10-20 miles in 80+F heat and sunny and then started up within 15 minutes of turning off. I swear every time people gaulked over the car this issue came up and watched me jump start it.

Friend's auto shop stress tested the battery and said it tested at 66%. Dodge dealer made me wait 2.5 hours (I think they trickledl charged it) and said it charged to 90%. But said "they'd make it fail" and get me a new one.

No clue what the stock one was, I didn't think to snap a picture before, new one looks the same, but factory battery specs are all over the place ranging from 730, 750, 800cca MOPAR branded batteries. Need to find the made on date code.

New battery's only difference is so far, pulling voltage up on the dash, the voltage in drive used to fluctuate between 13.9->14.3V. New battery it went between 13.9 and 14V after started, once in drive it was flat at 14.0V I even turned everything using electricity on max and no change. I'm sure that original battery was a POS. Just odd the dealership had the correct hellcat battery in stock. I'm assuming it's a truck battery.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Butternut:
IN for the report - that sounds like a blast.
View Quote

road trip was a success, good times.  I had a good visit and we did a family dinner at Capital Grill.  Rare that the family is together like that.

I made record time on the way home.  Typically this drive takes somewhere between 8 and 9.5 hours depending on what traffic does.  I left at 3am and got home in just under 7 hours.  And I brought al lthe bugs home with me lol.

record time

opened her up a bit when I passed through Mexico

Bugs

Morning Florida dew coated the windshield, looked cool in person
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

road trip was a success, good times.  I had a good visit and we did a family dinner at Capital Grill.  Rare that the family is together like that.

I made record time on the way home.  Typically this drive takes somewhere between 8 and 9.5 hours depending on what traffic does.  I left at 3am and got home in just under 7 hours.  And I brought al lthe bugs home with me lol.

record time
https://i.imgur.com/XtFsrcRl.jpg

opened her up a bit when I passed through Mexico
https://i.imgur.com/kKHYI0fl.jpg

Bugs
https://i.imgur.com/wVcA9Pql.jpg

Morning Florida dew coated the windshield, looked cool in person
https://i.imgur.com/nqtYCAKl.jpg
View Quote
Awesome! Sounds like a blast. It is a great road trip car.

As for the bugs, I always laugh when I see/hear folks write/say, "My windshield doesn't kill as many bugs as it used to. It must be climate change (or whatever cause du jour)."

Of course, a significant factor for that perception is increased angle of windshields serving the aerodynamic efficiency of most new cars, which results in more glancing blows by bugs than splats. I always want to show them a photo of the front clip/bumper on my Challenger after a good drive at speed in spring/summer. As you know (and have illustrated), that big vertical bumper takes out swaths of insects. Thank goodness for PPF and ceramic coat. It makes it a heck of a lot easier when it comes to cleaning off the carnage.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TLWrench:
Awesome! Sounds like a blast. It is a great road trip car.

As for the bugs, I always laugh when I see/hear folks write/say, "My windshield doesn't kill as many bugs as it used to. It must be climate change (or whatever cause du jour)."

Of course, a significant factor for that perception is increased angle of windshields serving the aerodynamic efficiency of most new cars, which results in more glancing blows by bugs than splats. I always want to show them a photo of the front clip/bumper on my Challenger after a good drive at speed in spring/summer. As you know (and have illustrated), that big vertical bumper takes out swaths of insects. Thank goodness for PPF and ceramic coat. It makes it a heck of a lot easier when it comes to cleaning off the carnage.
View Quote

yup, exactly.  this has PPF and ceramic on there, still takes a little elbow grease to get it all off though!

And yeah, this thing is a highway bomber.  It really shines in these long highway drives, underrated grand tourer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:14:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shocktrp] [#6]
Banks are refusing to finance 100% of MSRP because Stellantis products are overpriced & they don't want to be upside down when it's time to repo them.

Also, banks are sticking borrowers with higher interest rates for EV's because they're shit...

THINGS JUST KEEP GETTING WORSE FOR DODGE! BIG FINANCING ISSUES KILLING SALES!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I pray often, and lemme tell ya God was looking out for us. I'd about given up on the SRT, and finally found one someone wanted to actually talk about deal-wise, and we bought it on the last day of December 2023. Kinda weird being about the only one in a dealer on new years eve, but we were so lucky and blessed, and the stars aligned for that one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shocktrp:
Banks are refusing to finance 100% of MSRP because Stellantis products are overpriced & they don't want to be upside down when it's time to repo them.

Also, banks are sticking borrowers with higher interest rates for EV's because they're shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrzr_IWlfh8
I pray often, and lemme tell ya God was looking out for us. I'd about given up on the SRT, and finally found one someone wanted to actually talk about deal-wise, and we bought it on the last day of December 2023. Kinda weird being about the only one in a dealer on new years eve, but we were so lucky and blessed, and the stars aligned for that one.

That's awesome. If gas goes really high this summer, and they still aren't moving, then I hope for a deal which would actually pry my wallet open on a Challenger. We'll see though. I may hold for a real fallout.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
That's awesome. If gas goes really high this summer, and they still aren't moving, then I hope for a deal which would actually pry my wallet open on a Challenger. We'll see though. I may hold for a real fallout.
View Quote

They're already dropping to the low 40's for 6.4L models.

https://www.martycanciladodgechryslerjeep.com/inventory/new-2023-dodge-challenger-rt-scat-pack-rwd-coupe-2c3cdzfj2ph662615/?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

They're already dropping to the low 40's for 6.4L models.

https://www.martycanciladodgechryslerjeep.com/inventory/new-2023-dodge-challenger-rt-scat-pack-rwd-coupe-2c3cdzfj2ph662615/?
View Quote

Dayum that's some price drops!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the link. Now we're starting to get somewhere. If high gas prices happen, this could be a thing for me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
The 5.7L cars are getting to sensible prices too. $33k for an RT?

https://www.southcountyautos.com/new-St+Louis-2023-Dodge-CHALLENGER-RT-2C3CDZBT3PH668866
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#13]
not bad if the p[rice is real.  If rates were better I'd think about giving my SPWB up for a HC.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:
The 5.7L cars are getting to sensible prices too. $33k for an RT?

https://www.southcountyautos.com/new-St+Louis-2023-Dodge-CHALLENGER-RT-2C3CDZBT3PH668866
View Quote

"Prices vary from website to dealer and are non-binding."

Most likely a scam to get you in the door.
Probably has a bunch of discounts in there that you don't qualify for - like military, first responder, automobility, etc.

Or they'll say the discount is real, but they added in $12K in extras like wheel locks, and window etching - so you're back to MSRP.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:
"Prices vary from website to dealer and are non-binding."

Most likely a scam to get you in the door.
Probably has a bunch of discounts in there that you don't qualify for - like military, first responder, automobility, etc.

Or they'll say the discount is real, but they added in $12K in extras like wheel locks, and window etching - so you're back to MSRP.

View Quote

South County is a pretty straight up dealer.
Page / 46
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top