Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2018 4:45:13 PM EDT
So, my wife informs me that when she changes the time on the radio in her Altima to make up for the hour we jump back in November, it won't stay.  As soon as she shuts the car off and turns it back on, it's back to the old time.  I think to myself, "surely, it's just something she's doing wrong."  I try it myself.  Same thing.  Tried it 10 times, and no luck.  The internet has been suspiciously quiet on this issue.  Anyone seen this before and have a fix?

Where's a Nissan tech?  We have to have one on here...

Eliot
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a Nissan tech, but if GPS equipped then you need to set the time zone and DST Setting to correct dst setting.  And you are right, internet is quiet about this.  Pulled from owners manual pdf file.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, it's not a Nav system, so I assumed it wasn't GPS related.  However, now I'll dig further.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If it’s not factory nav, you need to change the time manually.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it’s not factory nav, you need to change the time manually.
View Quote
Ummm, that's what I'm trying to do.  Change time from 3:30 to 2:30 per the instructions.  Turn car off.  Turn car on.  Time back to 3:30.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Nissans have a daylight savings button in the radio menus starting about that year. Try selecting the DLS menu.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top