Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2017 11:16:30 AM EDT
I have a big tanked portable air compressor that crapped out on me. I just need an AC tire inflator. I know you get what you pay for, i want to spend about $60 or so. Could please recommend something that is AC powered that isn't junk. I don't need professional grade, just inflate tires and sit in my garage. 
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Just tagging because I need the same thing
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had one of these for around 7 years or so.  Its more than your budget but its a nice portable air compressor. It not oil less, and its not nearly as loud as other compressors.

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-MAC700-Big-Bore-Compressor/dp/B0001Q2VK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508259833&sr=8-1&keywords=mac700
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had one of these for around 7 years or so.  Its more than your budget but its a nice portable air compressor. It not oil less, and its not nearly as loud as other compressors.

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-MAC700-Big-Bore-Compressor/dp/B0001Q2VK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508259833&sr=8-1&keywords=mac700
http://marsonequipment.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/makita-mac700.jpg
View Quote
That is about the same size of the one i have. looking for something smaller, more portable. I have to put it on a 6 foot tall shelve, i have Artiritious.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
OP...this is what you seek...

Viair 88P

It’s DC and uses alligator clips to the battery...but more powerful than any AC 12v cig lighter compressor will be. It’s probably the best bang for the buck in their compressor line too. Check it out.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of these.  It will inflate your spare tire quickly.  It has a good sized rechargeable battery inside that can be used to power electrical items or even power an inverter to provide AC power.  It has a built-in pressure gage, too.

Link to Amazon Ad

Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a Slime tire inflator. Bought it at walmart about a few years back. It's around the price you're are looking at.

Link
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Pay attention to the duty cycle when buying a compressor. Many have a low duty cycle which is not long enough to fill one tire without having to shut it off to cool down before finishing. Sure it will run longer than the listed duty cycle time, but it will decrease the life of the compressor. If you’re going to use it fairly regularly, get something heavier duty like the Viair I linked above. It’s made for more regular use.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP...this is what you seek...

Viair 88P

It’s DC and uses alligator clips to the battery...but more powerful than any AC 12v cig lighter compressor will be. It’s probably the best bang for the buck in their compressor line too. Check it out.
View Quote
I have this compressor. It does a kickass job on truck tires but don't walk away for a few minutes expecting it to take awhile. It puts out a nice volume of air. Does get damn hot after filling several tires in series though. So don't grab carelessly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top