Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 8:46:55 PM EDT
Rebuilding my truck and don't feel like spending close to $200 for a refurbished oem radio and i don't do junkyard since they're left behind for a reason. What's a decent flush fit radio that will fit the factory dash set up without modification?

Mounts and older model radio perfectly welcome. Im doing the eBay thing.

This would be for 1995 to 1999 suburban/tahoe/yukon dash. All input welcome.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Any GM head unit from the same time period.  My suggestion is to grab a Monsoon CD head unit from a 97-02 Trans Am, Firebird, Camaro.  or you can pretty much pull any CD head unit from any 95-02 Silverado, Sierra, tahoe yukon.  Find somebody on craigslist parting them out or get on the vehicle specific message board.  I parted like 10 of these trucks over the last few years and the good condition GM CD head units sold for about $40-50 to give you an idea.  FYI I sold all of mine through craigslist.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any specific recommendations but that radio is a din and 1/2 not double din. You can make a double fit but it requires serious modification to the trim bezel and to the dash.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah im not looking to get crazy. Just want an el cheapo replacement. So din and a half. Looking to "modernize" it a little.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any GM head unit from the same time period.  My suggestion is to grab a Monsoon CD head unit from a 97-02 Trans Am, Firebird, Camaro.  or you can pretty much pull any CD head unit from any 95-02 Silverado, Sierra, tahoe yukon.  Find somebody on craigslist parting them out or get on the vehicle specific message board.  I parted like 10 of these trucks over the last few years and the good condition GM CD head units sold for about $40-50 to give you an idea.  FYI I sold all of mine through craigslist.
View Quote
Got a site? All the ones i keep looking at have the display burned out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok bought a used one for $50. Lets see how long it lasts.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't buy a monsoon unit. They run an external amplifier.

ETA: I should say don't pay extra for a monsoon radio. The external amp made it more powerful. The head unit was nothing special.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Crutchfield

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok bought a used one for $50. Lets see how long it lasts.
View Quote
If that goes, go here next: https://www.crutchfield.com/Car/outfitmycar/mycar.aspx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top