Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2016 4:05:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Im getting one as soon as the red white and blue color scheme is available in the US
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Did not get to ride one.  I was running demo rides at Americade for Indian/Victory/Slingshot all week and saw one ride by every 30 minutes.  Looked sweet, but I couldn't get on it due to the rides I had to manage.

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im getting one as soon as the red white and blue color scheme is available in the US
View Quote

I am not sure who's idea it was to not release that one here right away but they deserve a smack in the mouth.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that the automatic shift thing? I am thinking no. And a big no to the paddle shift.  

I am excited to see what this bike turns out to be.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#8]

I got one last month - absolutely love it. I have DCT version. Wow that thing is wonderful. Watch the reviewers in dirt and road tests thinking they would hate DCT but wind up thinking about getting one themselves. Everybody knocks it until they try it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Head over to Advrider.  There are about 50 threads going on for the AT.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/eeshooter45/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160520_173640012_zpslpoxrlyq.jpg
I got one last month - absolutely love it. I have DCT version. Wow that thing is wonderful. Watch the reviewers in dirt and road tests thinking they would hate DCT but wind up thinking about getting one themselves. Everybody knocks it until they try it.
View Quote

What MPG are you getting?

What is your biggest complaint thus far?

What do you like especially?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/eeshooter45/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160520_173640012_zpslpoxrlyq.jpg

I would love to ride one. They look bad ass.

They seem more dirt oriented though and I don't ride dirt.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yea, its the essentially auto clutch manual. It seems to have really good reviews. Not being able to stall it seems like a huge plus.

Of course Ive only ever ridden manual clutch bikes.
View Quote

There's a name for motorcycles with an automatic transmission:  Scooters

Don't buy a scooter.

I've ridden a Honda VFR with the DCT, and holy shitballs.....I would not wish that on my worst enemy  
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Don't buy a scooter.

I've ridden a Honda VFR with the DCT, and holy shitballs.....I would not wish that on my worst enemy  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, its the essentially auto clutch manual. It seems to have really good reviews. Not being able to stall it seems like a huge plus.

Of course Ive only ever ridden manual clutch bikes.

Don't buy a scooter.

Normally I'm not a fan of autos, but the folks I know who have ridden this (and they are seriously good riders) are praising the shit out of it and the advantages it has in adventure touring. I'm not going to diss it, it makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I have nothing to add besides that looks like an awesome bike (looks and specs).
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks nice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
It sure is a pretty bike, I would love to own one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I want one
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#19]
drooled on one today while getting my Tiger from a valve job.

If it had been out 18 months ago, i'd probably have bought it instead of my Tiger.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:02:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I want one. Seems like a hell of a bike for the money. I'll take it with a manual

Wish it had more power.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have been looking for a place to test ride one was well.  I am debating between this African Twin or a Yamaha Super Tenere myself.  I have a local dealer that has a left over Yamaha (2015 brand new) for $10,999 and boy has that been hard to ignore.
View Quote

I bet the dealer is Montgomeryville Cycle Center...yes?

For that price I'm interested too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I want one. Seems like a hell of a bike for the money. I'll take it with a manual  

Wish it had more power.

View Quote

94bhp ain't bad, my Strom had that with more weight and was plenty fast....the torque specs are decent, I'm sure it'll get you a performance award if you want.

Honestly, if you're using this bike for what it's made for, an over-abundance of throttle isn't any kind of advantage...except to trash your knobs 87% faster.

That said, I'd be taking this thing in the dirt...I can't see a reason to buy a liter bike with a chain drive & 18/21" spoked wheels otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

94bhp ain't bad, my Strom had that with more weight and was plenty fast....the torque specs are decent, I'm sure it'll get you a performance award if you want.

Honestly, if you're using this bike for what it's made for, an over-abundance of throttle isn't any kind of advantage...except to trash your knobs 87% faster.

That said, I'd be taking this thing in the dirt...I can't see a reason to buy a liter bike with a chain drive & 18/21" spoked wheels otherwise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish it had more power.

Have you had a 650 and 1000 Strom?

I'm going to be getting one, same use as you've documented in many of your posts, but I am also going to take it from CO to Alaska.  Thinking about the 1000 since it'll be mostly highway, but never 2 up and not a ton of gear so wondering of the 650 gets it done.

Of course after search ADVrider for the numerous threads there, I'm just more uncertain than before.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm going to be getting one, same use as you've documented in many of your posts, but I am also going to take it from CO to Alaska.  Thinking about the 1000 since it'll be mostly highway, but never 2 up and not a ton of gear so wondering of the 650 gets it done.

Of course after search ADVrider for the numerous threads there, I'm just more uncertain than before.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish it had more power.

I had the 1000,  rode a friend's 650 quite a bit.  The 650 has a more refined engine, and slightly lower seat.

You wont miss anything from the 1000, except maybe weight and less mpg.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wish it had more power.

I've had two 1000's and have a 650 now (all of them first gen bikes). In those years, there's not a lot of difference....1000 has more grunt and more 2-up/weight hauling, but the 650 is a touch lighter, a little easier bike to fling around and is better at light dirt/gravel. The 650 has never disappointed me for power, it's just different...you gotta rev it more, but it's a quick bike that can slab all day without issue.

There's not enough diff to quibble about, in my experience. The 650 has less stuff to sort out, as the 1000's had some niggling issues like clutch baskets and fueliing issues but, I'd own either....I loved 'em both. Now, with the new generations they seem to have all the issues sorted. Most everyone I know with the 2nd gen Stroms love them.
Top Top