Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 101
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have the picture with Hmmwv rev b serial number ranges? I believe it’s over 250k but I can’t remember and google doesn’t show anything
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve used dirt legal to successfully register my brdm but for the Roland I will must use the dmv and do it myself
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Anyone have the picture with Hmmwv rev b serial number ranges? I believe it’s over 250k but I can’t remember and google doesn’t show anything
View Quote

The serial info I've got is mostly by year (approximate) but the TB does indicate 300,000 and above for REVs.

1985: 100-8500
1986: 8500-23000
1987: 23000-43000
1988: 43000-56000
1989: 56000-73000
1990: 100000-110000
1991: 110000-124000
1992: 124000-138000
1993: 138000-159000
1994: 159000-162000
1995: 162000-169000
1996: 169000-175000
1997: 175000-180000
1998: 180000-183000
1999: 183000-194000
2000: 176000-192000
2001: 197000-199000
2002: 199000-204000
01-2006: 230xxx
01-2007: 244xxx
09-2007: 256xxx
02-2008: 264xxx
11-2008: 312xxx
11-2009: 331xxx

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve used dirt legal to successfully register my brdm but for the Roland I will must use the dmv and do it myself
View Quote

So after using the dirt legal did you transfer to yourself here in Texas? Also any progress on the Roland?
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 3:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:

So after using the dirt legal did you transfer to yourself here in Texas? Also any progress on the Roland?
View Quote

I never transferred it to texas. It’s still Bernie Sanders’ state, 2 years later.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this an original hitch?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Yep, that's the pintle extension.

Usually used with shelter carrier trucks but also useful on trucks with the Rhino spare tire carrier to give a little extra clearance for the M1101/1102 trailers.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#8]
It's on the road!

Got the plates today and took it out to the base to register it so it doesn't get a ticket for parking in my reserved parking spot.

No drama, everything appears to be working properly.  The wheels don't feel exactly "round" but I'll address that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Mainsail:
It's on the road!

Got the plates today and took it out to the base to register it so it doesn't get a ticket for parking in my reserved parking spot.

No drama, everything appears to be working properly.  The wheels don't feel exactly "round" but I'll address that.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Out01_jpg-2610401.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]
It's on the road!

View Quote

I fought 12 bolt wheels and brand spanking new 2018 (it was like 2019 at the time) humvee tires for a few years before I gave up and went H1 aluminum wheels, no runflat and high quality tires.  still 37" diameter and about the same thickness but the wheels are 17" diameter now.  

truck rides great ever since.  I took vids of my wheels spinning at idle while jacked off the ground, couldn't have been more oblong.  

I strive to keep things milspec but I drive the humvee too much to have the experience be a shaky mess.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#11]
It's on the road!

View Quote

What was the process of getting it titled in WA for street use? Did it come with a SF97?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

What was the process of getting it titled in WA for street use? Did it come with a SF97?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
It's on the road!

The "process" is a nightmare.

I got the Montana title.

Helpful tip - it's not a HMMWV, it's an M1165.  WA doesn't title/plate HMMWVs.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]

I got the Montana title.

View All Quotes
It's on the road!

I got the Montana title.

Did you/your friend buy yours directly from a government auction? How do you go about titling it in MT?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Did you/your friend buy yours directly from a government auction? How do you go about titling it in MT?
View All Quotes
It's on the road!

I got the Montana title.

GovPlanet does that for a fee.  I got the Montana title because that's the option selected at check-out.  

I take it you're working with just the SF97?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#15]

GovPlanet does that for a fee.  I got the Montana title because that's the option selected at check-out.  

View All Quotes
It's on the road!

I got the Montana title.

I am just looking at some. No idea what the process is these days.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone here an armored Hmmwv expert?

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone here an armored Hmmwv expert?

View Quote

So many different variations of armored which model are you looking/asking for?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#18]
good luck to all who are bidding on this next batch of HMMWVs. I am bidding on a working one, and a non working one hoping i can get most of the parts i want and combine into one with extra parts left over.

though since i am not gonna spend an outrageous amount, we shall see.

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:
good luck to all who are bidding on this next batch of HMMWVs. I am bidding on a working one, and a non working one hoping i can get most of the parts i want and combine into one with extra parts left over.

View Quote

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case....

Don't forget that the "won" price and the final price are very different.  The auction fees and sales tax can add 30% or more to the final price.  If you're really into planning, look at the parts that are missing (and price them according to the current outrageous prices) and factor them in.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: belted_guns] [#21]

Don't forget that the "won" price and the final price are very different.  The auction fees and sales tax can add 30% or more to the final price.  If you're really into planning, look at the parts that are missing (and price them according to the current outrageous prices) and factor them in.
View All Quotes

yea, i noticed that early on. wow.
I am not willing to pay top dollar so who know what i will end up with :)
oh, and i also have to pay for the shipping as well.
this is hopefully gonna be a project for my son and I. he can help spec, work, and fix, I will also be the financer.
This seems not unlike buying an old surplus tugboat and "fixing her up".
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I got my question answered on another hmmwv page.

But my IED armor underlays got damaged by Fedex. How. It's armor.

WTF.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:03:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#23]

View Quote

Good luck! I was watching the auctions too. One of the 115a1 MCTags trucks caught my eye.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#24]

WTF.

https://i.postimg.cc/25LSdkgb/28-CEB4-A0-C2-DE-40-C1-A751-DF1-C25-D0060-A.jpg
View All Quotes

WTF.

https://i.postimg.cc/25LSdkgb/28-CEB4-A0-C2-DE-40-C1-A751-DF1-C25-D0060-A.jpg

I mean this is FedEx we're talking about here so...
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:45:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: belted_guns] [#25]
welp, looks like i joined the club. just won an M1151A1. Now the long process to get it to my home.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#26]
welp, looks like i joined the club. just won an M1151A1. Now the long process to get it to my home.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/256915/2008_M1151A___7528650__jpg-2619007.JPG
View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 5:06:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: belted_guns] [#27]
is there anyone here who could take a few min and help me get a handle on what parts are missing in order to start the engine and be drivable? Things they learned that would be good to know or items that are needed.
here is the gov planet link
https://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/7528650?do=1

things i noticed this vehicle had that some of the others did not
1) ECU
2) transmission control
3) good tires
4) 4 seats with seat belts
5) the caps on the water, oil, and fuel
6) turbo
7) serpentine belt
8) all the lights
9) all the gauges

what other things do the gov folks do to screw up the demil process?
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 6:05:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: belted_guns] [#28]
and, just because 2 is 1 and 1 doesn't work, i won the second hmmwv (M1114) as well. this one has an operational engine. The thought (perhaps shallow) was i could atleast combine the 1151 chassis with the 1114 engine and get a running 1151 with a bunch of spare parts available. - who needs cash in the bank :)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Where is it located?  If it's one of the California trucks, don't have it shipped to your house.  Ship it to Retired Warhorses first, let Steven give it the once-over and he'll let you know EVERYTHING it needs.  Seriously good guy with ten guy's worth of knowledge in these vehicles.  It'll add to the cost, but it's money well spent.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 7:02:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: belted_guns] [#30]
Where is it located?  If it's one of the California trucks, don't have it shipped to your house.  Ship it to Retired Warhorses first, let Steven give it the once-over and he'll let you know EVERYTHING it needs.  Seriously good guy with ten guy's worth of knowledge in these vehicles.  It'll add to the cost, but it's money well spent.
View Quote

I am so new to the whole scene and players. oh, i just looked up the website. thanks. will research this. I have at least a month to figure out the shipping situation because i am now waiting on the euc to be sent back.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:26:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#31]
Had a chance to look at your REV.

I have to say, it made me incredibly sad.

You got a really clean and very solid looking, current model truck for what I paid for my 28 year old 2nd gen truck. Actually, you actually paid $2,000 less when you factor in inflation.

That said, without getting hands on, it's hard to tell what's keeping it from running. Could well just be something stupid. And since you've got the other runner M1114, worst case you can literally just swap the engine with almost zero fuss. Just make sure you get yourself one of the special engine lifting slings if you do. Makes it far more easy.

On other stuff, you'll clearly need windshields. Should be able to stick the ones from the M1114 in unless they're hazy. If they are, they're cheap enough. You'll need the retaining hardware from the M1114 though. Keep in mind the wipers have standoffs for the extra thickness of the armored windshields. IIRC, those come off and you can mount the arms on the wiper studs. I would ditch the stock arms and get either H1 or Wrangler arms so you can run regular wiper blades though. Huge improvement in the rain.

You'll clearly need some mirrors too. If you're not too worried about authenticity, some of us have swapped the factory mirrors for Double Nickle bus mirrors. They don't look out of place and do offer a better field of view. I've posted the numbers for the models somewhere in this thread and details on mounting them. Just avoid the factory ones on eBay in general unless they come with legit parts labels. There's lots of Chinese knockoffs of them.

High beam switch looks to be missing as well. Those are easy to find. Same one on tons of MVs. No wiper washer tank or nozzles either. If you're lucky the M1114 will have all that too. Lots of stuff does appear to be there however. Tires look like they could be decent. Looks like it's still got the floor plate and dash plate for the BFT radio tray so if you're interested in putting a radio tray in, you can probably save a little if you can find one without the floor plate. (If you're not going to put a radio tray in I'd be interested in the dash plate! ).

Got to say, even for being a non-runner, I'd say you did really well!

ETA: Nevermind, I see the high beam switch is up near the steering wheel for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

How much does he charge to run it over?
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:13:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mainsail] [#33]

View All Quotes

I no longer remember.  Give him a call and ask him, like I said he's good people.

My truck was a non-runner with 5500 miles on it.  "Electrical problem" scrawled on the windshield.  Retired warhorses went through it and quickly found that the motor pool screwed up a ground when they installed the big alternator, which was keeping it from starting.  Steven fixed the ground issue and she runs like a 5500 mile almost-new truck.  Steven said, "This is a new truck."

That's the govplanet gamble.  It might be something small and easily repaired, or it might be a total clusterfudge.  You might buy a "running" truck that got major damage from govplanet starting it and running it.  

Getting someone knowledgeable to look it over will save a lot of time, money, and heartache later on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I won an M1097R1 on todays auction, my first HMMWV. Hopefully my EUC comes back fast, I had one done years ago for a Deuce.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By gastrap:
I won an M1097R1 on todays auction, my first HMMWV. Hopefully my EUC comes back fast, I had one done years ago for a Deuce.
View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:57:01 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#37]
My EUC showed sent 5 DEC 22
Submitted to TSC 6 DEC 22
Approved 6 DEC 22

That was fast! Should have it home in a week.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Approved 6 DEC 22

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

View All Quotes
Approved 6 DEC 22

Yea that is bonkers. I bought a watercraft in 10/2021. Picked it up within days and ordered a SF97 and title service. 12+ months later they mailed a SF97 and refund check for the title service
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

Yea that is bonkers. I bought a watercraft in 10/2021. Picked it up within days and ordered a SF97 and title service. 12+ months later they mailed a SF97 and refund check for the title service
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wookie1562:
Approved 6 DEC 22

That sounds more like it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#41]

That sounds more like it.
View Quote
Right, I'm expecting a wait like that with a fast EUC time as well I'll try to use my invoice as a BOS and get a bonded title anyway. We never could do anything with an SF97 here, thought it was good to have just in case.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#42]
i was reading the TM and it mentioned all the maintenance records to be kept on the vehicle. Has anyone or do you know if you can do a FOA and get the records for your sn? wonder if they keep those or destroy them when the vehicle is surplused?

and wow, that would be cool to get the history. My MC buddy said they had to do PM and record it prior to turning in their rig.

just wondering
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#43]
i was reading the TM and it mentioned all the maintenance records to be kept on the vehicle. Has anyone or do you know if you can do a FOA and get the records for your sn? wonder if they keep those or destroy them when the vehicle is surplused?

and wow, that would be cool to get the history. My MC buddy said they had to do PM and record it prior to turning in their rig.

just wondering
View Quote

I found an equipment record folder in my truck. It was devoid of any documents except a moldy sample form. I keep my registration/insurance/etc. in it now.

No idea how a FOIA request would turn out but that's an interesting idea.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#44]

just wondering
View Quote

I contacted the unit that owned my vehicle before the auction using my .mil email.  I figured that would at least get them to open it.  I did specify I wasn't making any official request, and was clear it was for personnal use that I was requesting the info.

That led to an abundance of phone-tag and redirection to finally get to the right person, who very quickly told me they no longer had the records- they're purged once the vehicle goes to auction.  True?  Who knows.  

So after reading this whole response, you're no more informed than you were before.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#45]

I contacted the unit that owned my vehicle before the auction using my .mil email.  I figured that would at least get them to open it.  I did specify I wasn't making any official request, and was clear it was for personnal use that I was requesting the info.

That led to an abundance of phone-tag and redirection to finally get to the right person, who very quickly told me they no longer had the records- they're purged once the vehicle goes to auction.  True?  Who knows.  

So after reading this whole response, you're no more informed than you were before.  
View All Quotes

just wondering

That is great information to me. It makes sense since from a resource perspective they would purge rather than store. Thank you.  But I have never done a foia so it may not be successful but it will be educational
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#46]

That is great information to me. It makes sense since from a resource perspective they would purge rather than store. Thank you.  But I have never done a foia so it may not be successful but it will be educational
View All Quotes

just wondering

Sidebar.  You avatar suggests you lived here in WA once then moved to Texas.

How do you like it from an overall perspective?  I get politics are better- not looking for such a narrow focus.  I'm a little intrigued by TX, but we really like WA for the weather, lack of roaches and other crawlies, the abundance of wide-open public land, and environment (trees/water/etc).  Plus my job is here and I'm about to start living the Peter Principle (promotion to the level of my incompetence ).

Interested in your honest assessment of quality of life there vs here.

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 3:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: belted_guns] [#47]

Sidebar.  You avatar suggests you lived here in WA once then moved to Texas.

How do you like it from an overall perspective?  I get politics are better- not looking for such a narrow focus.  I'm a little intrigued by TX, but we really like WA for the weather, lack of roaches and other crawlies, the abundance of wide-open public land, and environment (trees/water/etc).  Plus my job is here and I'm about to start living the Peter Principle (promotion to the level of my incompetence ).

Interested in your honest assessment of quality of life there vs here.

View Quote

Great question. we thought a lot about it prior to the decision to move. all in a vacuum of what we knew we were done with (and leaving behind), regarding WA, and what we were going to, regarding TX.
WA has
a) our family tree
b) we loved the water and boating
c) the mild climate (though not so much the rain)
d) nothing really dangerous except the people - safe for kids to be in the forests and neighborhoods
e) relationships and friends
f) church
g) shooting locations (public lands, our 40acres of private land, lots of places within driving)
h) good job hunting and pay
i) we liked where we lived

TX has
a) no idea, we have never been here prior and have no direct persons to connect with, just what i found on the internet :)
b) lower priced housing
c) better by about 1000% schools

Why we left WA
a) politics - the CA laws were coming for us because we are conservative in most things
b) knew the gun laws were changing and becoming, well, CA
c) drugs and crime. they were opening up free drug places less than 10mi from our location, crime was marching north to our location, MJ is so widespread to the degree we could not drive down the streets of Lynnwood without smelling it nor walk around most public cities without smelling it. we had a neighbor up the street have a MJ party. there was so much smoke it consumed our house (summertime windows open to cool the house). we called the cops and they told us unless they could prove minors were there, nothing can be done (that was a depressing conversation with the head drug taskforce guy)
d) DEI, LGBQRP, Pedophilia grooming in the schools. this was the last year for private school for our son. public schools are now teaching sex from kindergarten on up. lgpqrp is lauded and praised for the wonder it is, corruption of sex to the youth. since the education is state wide, not much ability to run from it. We had never had either of our kids in public school prior
e) the public space is very unfriendly to the conservative view point, both in general and specifically at the work place
f) COVID rules in WA, need i say more, we were so done with the religion of Phizer
g) people do not live in reality; they make and believe policies that are in contrast to reality
g) public school education (and most private schools) was on a sharp decline in educating
h) wow, we could sell our house for double stupid money and buy a nicer house in TX for only stupid money - profit :)
I) and finally my experience at the show the flag rally in olympia in oct of 2020. full on assault by antiusa antif**ky** while the STATEPATROL literally gave them a safe space to commit felonies, property damage and assaults, until one guy pulled a gun a fired a round. then they showed up. - I escaped thanks to some wise advice by a fellow arfcom Mr_Mowett. who was not so lucky. it was then i realized the entire govt including law enforcement was aligned with the enemies of our citizens.

we love the environment of WA but hate and had to run from the politics and people, to protect my family and children.

What we Love about Texas? well
a) the people we have met, awesome folks awesome hospitality, the actually live and make decisions in reality. friendly, can discuss topics without getting butthurt
b) the cops actually enforce the law and separate of the whole school shooting stuff (not engaging in that discussion here), are respectful of citizen rights and not a lot of bs traffic stops
c) wow, are there a lot of churches down here. WA is an unchurched state, TX seems overly churched
d) our city vehicles all have "In God we trust" emblazoned in 1.5ft font
e) the schools are wow, huge, curriculum rich, and expect challenges and have high standards. and have 45mil dollar stadiums
f) football down here is a bit overboard, but we are adapting
g) politics are more to our liking
h) both the school board meetings and the city council meetings open with a prayer
i) the weather is refreshing, we like it
j) the high school has a public prayer at some of the games/ceremonies and every game has the national anthem

What is missing in TX?
a) really, no public lands? yup everything is private. so long shooting on land without owning it or having permission
b) low taxes and insurance. really Texas? do you need that much of our money?

There is much more. but would we go back to WA. probably won't happen prior to the breakup of the USA.

MOVE Here, Live here, experience what the USA used to be like.

and now, back to the regularly scheduled topic.
my EUC is completed and accepted by GP. (they wanted the EUC emailed to them. which by default is unencrypted and easily intercepted on the web. i mailed it)

expect 02.5mons wait for the USMC release. then off to the repair yard for one, and to my house for the other. i already bought hard doors and IC so when the slantback arrives we can be building our toy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#48]
HMMWV Driver's Familiarization part 1
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 7:17:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H1-HUMMER] [#49]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUd33Jd7wqY
View Quote

I should have demanded this training before i bought my H1[img]

https://youtu.be/NL-aQDHHyTs
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By H1-HUMMER:

I should have demanded this training before i bought my H1[url]

https://youtu.be/NL-aQDHHyTs
View Quote

Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top