Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:15:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DAIVIPAI2K5] [#1]
Went to a Track he hasn't been to in two years. Ended up having the place to himself. He would have liked to have some one to ride with.
I angled the camera mount I made up just a bit. I think it helped. He is really into watching his video after each session to see what he is doing.

https://youtu.be/Qt4s2wbmXfY

20190525_151323 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:17:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Steve_556] [#2]
Just picked up another KLR, '13 with 2800 on the clock, but found this deal on a Sporty to keep it company on cold nights,,,,, Zero bikes on Fri, 2 on Sunday. Good weekend.

Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Got in a 60 mike loop Saturday. The dirt was good but getting dry.  Ton of people on the marked loop, we were the only guys on the off map stuff.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#6]
My son's 19' KTM 150xc-w that he got for his 14th birthday:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 9:40:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RED_5] [#7]
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked this up for $1300 last month. After putting a little bit of time and money into it it's a great bike.

Link Posted: 6/24/2019 1:24:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By snakesausage:
My son's 19' KTM 150xc-w that he got for his 14th birthday:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/337757/B871DE01-CE7C-4922-A28F-112E9E288186_jpeg-983723.JPG
View Quote
Those 150's are fun bikes.
I had a '17, I spent a fuckton of time getting the jetting right.
KTM fixed that in 2018.
for 2020 they are going to be fuel injected.

It spent a lot of time hauling my fat ass around on the gnar here in Western Washington.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm dying for a TW200.  I've got 50 acres of wooded land, in the middle of many miles of National Forrest roads.  Plus I like the idea of having a bug out vehicle.  If there was ever any sort of real issue in metro Atlanta, the roads would become impassable for a car / truck.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By weagle:
I'm dying for a TW200.  I've got 50 acres of wooded land, in the middle of many miles of National Forrest roads.  Plus I like the idea of having a bug out vehicle.  If there was ever any sort of real issue in metro Atlanta, the roads would become impassable for a car / truck.
View Quote
I like mine but I needed a bigger bike, so I bought a KLR 650. They are fun bikes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:59:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#12]
Current state of my KX450F at 57 hours. Getting new valves, new JE piston (stock compression), forks and shock refreshed with new bushings/seals/bladder and aluminum free pistons for the forks, everything regreased, new rear tire, new cam chain, new oil pump, new Hinson clutch, and a sweet Hinson clutch cover I picked up used for real cheap.

I need it to last another 1-2 years probably before I buy a freshie. But it was real hard to resist buying a 2020 KX450 or CRF450R. But $1250 was a lot easier to swallow than $8,000 for the bike plus another $1,000 on suspension setup.

Link Posted: 7/23/2019 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
Current state of my KX450F at 57 hours. Getting new valves, new JE piston (stock compression), forks and shock refreshed with new bushings/seals/bladder and aluminum free pistons for the forks, everything regreased, new rear tire, new cam chain, new oil pump, new Hinson clutch, and a sweet Hinson clutch cover I picked up used for real cheap.

I need it to last another 1-2 years probably before I buy a freshie. But it was real hard to resist buying a 2020 KX450 or CRF450R. But $1250 was a lot easier to swallow than $8,000 for the bike plus another $1,000 on suspension setup.

https://i.postimg.cc/NfvQpTb6/B8753-C02-FF0-D-42-B7-9464-62-F09490172-B.jpg
View Quote
Would you be willing to start a thread with pics and details that shows before and after pics?   I'm very interested in hearing and learning about what you're doing.  I'm wanting to get a cheaper motorcycle myself and do some work to it....  But I'm new at all this.  My confidence is growing though cuz I just took a non running mower and got it running really well.

Would like to see your progress when it's done too.  One of the options I like is taking a small enduro and putting road tires on it and possibly smaller rims.  My kids want to learn how to ride too and I would like to start with something smaller and something not overly expensive for our first bike.  Well, for me it would be my second but it's been years.......
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
Would you be willing to start a thread with pics and details that shows before and after pics?   I'm very interested in hearing and learning about what you're doing.  I'm wanting to get a cheaper motorcycle myself and do some work to it....  But I'm new at all this.  My confidence is growing though cuz I just took a non running mower and got it running really well.

Would like to see your progress when it's done too.  One of the options I like is taking a small enduro and putting road tires on it and possibly smaller rims.  My kids want to learn how to ride too and I would like to start with something smaller and something not overly expensive for our first bike.  Well, for me it would be my second but it's been years.......  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/NfvQpTb6/B8753-C02-FF0-D-42-B7-9464-62-F09490172-B.jpg

Yeah I can do a little build thread on it and share a link here. I'm not doing the majority of the work though, I have a guy who does my motor and suspension work for me. He is the one who is rebuilding the suspension and the head for me. I'm just going to be reassembling the motor and I can definitely share some detailed pics there.

Buying used can be a gamble. My advice is to buy the cleanest and lowest use bike you can that has been well maintained.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah I can do a little build thread on it and share a link here. I'm not doing the majority of the work though, I have a guy who does my motor and suspension work for me. He is the one who is rebuilding the suspension and the head for me. I'm just going to be reassembling the motor and I can definitely share some detailed pics there.

Buying used can be a gamble. My advice is to buy the cleanest and lowest use bike you can that has been well maintained.
View Quote
Thank you!!!!  For the advice and looking forward to seeing your bike when it's done...  I don't care if you're not doing all the work....  It still is a cool project.  And even disassembling and reassembling takes some skill.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 7:27:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#16]
Haven't made any real progress on the bike as I'm still waiting for a couple parts to come off backorder, like the oil pump. But I did splurge on a fresh set of plastics and new graphics.

Attachment Attached File

Went riding last weekend and shared bikes with my buddy and his wife and son. All 3 have 16-18 YZ250Fs. Good times.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Top pic is from Field of Dreams back in May in Southern Jersey, worth the drive

Bottom pic is at Budds Creek last week and taken about 6-7 seconds before the dick in front of me decided to pop out of his line and into mine as I was passing him. Went off the track into that super loamy stuff you see which basically lined the whole track. Put my right leg out as I was trying to avoid a fence and now I have an MRI appt on Monday for my knee. Fuck me.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By blackfly53:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/134208/82259227-DSC02856_5_jpg-1050049.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/134208/67449453_3430727686940955_6707135085369360384_o_jpg-1050050.JPG

Top pic is from Field of Dreams back in May in Southern Jersey, worth the drive

Bottom pic is at Budds Creek last week and taken about 6-7 seconds before the dick in front of me decided to pop out of his line and into mine as I was passing him. Went off the track into that super loamy stuff you see which basically lined the whole track. Put my right leg out as I was trying to avoid a fence and now I have an MRI appt on Monday for my knee. Fuck me.....
View Quote
Isn’t that how a race goes ?

Do what it takes to keep from being passed ( within reason ) ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Nearly done.  All I lack is an extra set of wheels.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:

View Quote
It was just a practice day but the dude would be all over the track and I wanted to get by him to be rid of his antics. He had some speed but couldn't hold a line.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#21]
It was just a practice day but the dude would be all over the track and I wanted to get by him to be rid of his antics. He had some speed but couldn't hold a line.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:

Oh.  Thanks for the explanation.  I've only ridden on a MX track once... in the '70s.

I like trail riding much better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Goons, man.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Riding solo in Utah.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
What part of Utah is that?
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Wasatch Mountain State Park, the trail (FR421) leads to a mine just east of Alta Ski resort.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:05:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DAIVIPAI2K5] [#26]
Briarcliff with Bubbamack326. New C track layout

Finally getting the idea of using the clutch coming out of corners on the 65.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Beautiful scenery.   I guess it wanted you to stop and look and take a picture by burying your rear wheel.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:19:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bondryan] [#29]

Added to the fleet picked up a ‘19 FE 501 last night.

Rode it around the hood for 5 miles last night. Super smooth riding. Needs some new mirrors and a tail tidy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 11:02:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#30]

I wonder why that's not coming up.  Looks like a good URL.

@bondryan  I tried reposting your pic.....  

For me it's not coming up but maybe it's just me.  So is that a husky?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#31]
https://imgur.com/gallery/F6UQfwq

I wonder why that's not coming up.  Looks like a good URL.

@bondryan  I tried reposting your pic.....  

For me it's not coming up but maybe it's just me.  So is that a husky?
View Quote
Thanks, yup it’s a husky.

I got the pic working I’ll post more after I actually ride it.0
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Did a 90 mile trip today and found some snow.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh my Gosh that thing is hot.  Love it.  Thanks for posting the pics!!!!  Sounds like a fun ride!!!

No snow in the midwest yet.  LOL.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By bondryan:
https://i.imgur.com/tndkX60.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7ichLpB.jpg

View Quote
Good choice!

Link Posted: 9/30/2019 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By windyhill:
Good choice!

https://i.ibb.co/HC2jXYm/IMG-0016.jpg
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/tndkX60.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7ichLpB.jpg

Good choice!

https://i.ibb.co/HC2jXYm/IMG-0016.jpg
I like your setup. I did handguards on mine today. I am not a huge fan of them but I’m not going to really single track this bike. I may change them out to  cycras.  Need a new mirror and bar risers next.

Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#36]

I like your setup. I did handguards on mine today. I am not a huge fan of them but I’m not going to really single track this bike. I may change them out to  cycras.  Need a new mirror and bar risers next.

https://i.imgur.com/ezlzBCi.jpg
View Quote
Thanks, I’ve been using it for ds and single track, currently setup for ds. It’s a bit of a hand full for me in the gnar, but I think it will climb just about anything. Thinking hard about picking up a 2T as well!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks, I’ve been using it for ds and single track, currently setup for ds. It’s a bit of a hand full for me in the gnar, but I think it will climb just about anything. Thinking hard about picking up a 2T as well!!
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/ezlzBCi.jpg
Get a 300 for the gnar and you will be happy as a clam.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Fall riding is best riding!!!
Found a teepee,

A couple of light snows at elevation so far, nothing has stuck but everything is SLIMY!!!

Almost!

Colors man!

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By azarak512:
Fall riding is best riding!!!
Found a teepee,
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/298316/26267C23-62B0-4D9F-95C4-7F6C17230E6A-1110907.jpg
View Quote
BIGFOOT
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#41]

That dirt looks awesome.
View Quote
The mountains here in summer get so dry the only traction to be found is on the rocks, but when it cools and we get a little moisture the rocks turn to slime covered ice but the dirt becomes MAGNIFICENT!
All of our local trails are 1/2- 1 mile of a rocky boulder strewn nightmare when you exit the main road, but after that, you gain a little elevation and it opens up to flowing glorious single track through the trees.
Mix in random rock sections and lots of fallen trees to keep things technical.

The only problem I have with the fall season in northern Utah is how short it is  
In another month or so the only option to ride will be load up the 450 and drive 100+ miles to do some desert riding, which aint all that bad
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks or the fall riding pics.  Looks like fun!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#43]
The mountains here in summer get so dry the only traction to be found is on the rocks, but when it cools and we get a little moisture the rocks turn to slime covered ice but the dirt becomes MAGNIFICENT!
All of our local trails are 1/2- 1 mile of a rocky boulder strewn nightmare when you exit the main road, but after that, you gain a little elevation and it opens up to flowing glorious single track through the trees.

The only problem I have with the fall season in northern Utah is how short it is  
In another month or so the only option to ride will be load up the 450 and drive 100+ miles to do some desert riding, which aint all that bad
View All Quotes

That dirt looks awesome.

We are getting snow already where I like to ride. May be another short season like last year.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Dude, you are blessed with the scenery.  Geeez!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#46]
https://i.imgur.com/qkRjjVf.jpg
View Quote
Hey man,
Where abouts in Oregon are you?
I was in the Medford area (White City i think) over the weekend and made some friends, might be heading back soon and will definitely be going back next spring.
I would love to have a reason to put a bike in the truck next time!
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey man,
I was in the Medford area (White City i think) over the weekend and made some friends, might be heading back soon and will definitely be going back next spring.
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/qkRjjVf.jpg
Hey man,
@azarak512

I live in the dalles and work and ride out of hood river. It will depend on when you come in the spring sometimes we don’t have riding until late because of snow.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Got in a few miles after work today. The dirt was perfect and I found someone’s secret stash that is pretty damn great riding.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#49]
After a long wait it's finally back together. (The motor anyway)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Found a new creek and followed it for a ways,

It got pretty cool after a while

Up higher, in the shade, it’s probably here to stay.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top