Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 33 of 60)
Page / 60
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:

What tires are you running on that beast?
View Quote
Look like Super Swamper TSL/SX
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 10:16:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TREETOP] [#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a stock Rubicon I use around the farm  Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tjcj:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tjcj:

Nailed it.

Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:

What tires are you running on that beast?
They're 45 inch TSL SX2.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By js1977:
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/jimmys120/78DC1A0B-D3C8-4710-B005-159596662992_zpsnr4zwnv5.jpg
Took all the doors off yesterday for the first time (usually just take off the front two) and my boys loved it!
View Quote
@js1977

What kind of sidesteps/runningboards are those? They look like the Iron Cross Automotive rockerboards
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By D_J:
Took the wife’s JKUR up to TN to do jeep stuff with a local club. A fun day of riding (no damage other than some scraped up wheels) and $1000 raised for A Soldier’s Child Foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bPSRb7yqmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-hpr3VirGM
View Quote
Not doin it not doin it. Come on mom. Lol.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seth_Livzz] [#9]
Took the Jeep on a 4500 mile journey to Ouray, Colorado and Moab, Utah and back.

Ophir Pass
Attachment Attached File

Hurricane pass
Attachment Attached File

Pucker Pass
Attachment Attached File

Chicken Corners
Attachment Attached File

Bridal Veil falls
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
Details!

Girlfriend and I are tentatively planning the same trip from Florida next year.
View All Quotes
+1

I’m in Moab now and heading to Ouray Friday. Planning to hit Imogene, Black Bear and Ophir when in CO.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

+1

I’m in Moab now and heading to Ouray Friday. Planning to hit Imogene, Black Bear and Ophir when in CO.
View Quote
We were in Ouray 7/18 - 7/23 and Black Bear was still closed at the top of Bridal Veil Falls due to snow/avalanche damage.  The visitor center in Ouray will be able to tell you if it's open yet.  Imogene was just opened while we were there, but we did not run it.  Cinnamon Pass reportedly had a mudslide after we left, trapping 12 vehicles and 60+ people on the trail before being rescued.  No idea if it's open yet.

We ran:

Yankee Boy Basin - Open, but has significant avalanche damage towards the very end
Ophir Pass - 100% open
Corkscrew Gulch, Hurricane Pass, and California Gulch are 100% open
Mineral Creek is open
Red Mountain Mining Area was open on the first half of the trail.  The 2nd half was still heavily snowed in.
Clear Lake trail is open
Bandora Mine trail is open
Last Dollar Road is fully open
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 1:19:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Seth_Livzz] [#13]

Details!

View Quote
We stayed 5 overnights in Ouray at the KOA and I can't recommend their accommodations enough.  We tent camped, but they have cabin rentals, RV spots, etc.  Check out their website for more info.  The weather in Ouray was awesome with highs in the low 80s and nightly lows in the 50s.

Our camp site
Attachment Attached File

While in Ouray we ran:

Yankee Boy Basin
Ophir Pass
Corkscrew Gulch to Hurricane Pass to California Gulch to Animas Forks.  We returned using a portion of Cinnamon Pass and Mineral Creek.
Red Mountain Mining Area
Clear Lake trail
Bandora Mine trail
Last Dollar Road

Moab is only 3 hours away from Ouray, so off we went for another 9 days of adventure.  The temps peaked at around 100 each day with nightly lows around 70 degrees.  I love the Moab heat and find it comfortable.

We ran:

Tusher Tunnel
Gemini Bridges
Long Canyon/Pucker pass
Potash Road to Shafer Switchbacks
Attachment Attached File

Onion Creek
Fins & Things
Baby Lions Back
Mineral Point
Hurrah Pass/Chicken Corners
Behind the Rocks trail to Picture Frame Arch and Balcony Arch
Top of the World
Attachment Attached File

Also spent time site seeing at Dead Horse State Park, Dinosaur National Monument, and the various dinosaur/petroglyph sites in the area.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#14]
That's great. We're looking at around this time of year, and considering doing exactly what you guys did. I'm much more interested in Colorado than I am Utah, but since we'll be driving 3-4 days to get there, we might as well do both.

I like the camping setup
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Seth_Livzz:
We stayed 5 overnights in Ouray at the KOA and I can't recommend their accommodations enough.  We tent camped, but they have cabin rentals, RV spots, etc.  Check out their website for more info.  The weather in Ouray was awesome with highs in the low 80s and nightly lows in the 50s.

Our camp site
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20909/jeep_koa_jpg-1042840.JPG

While in Ouray we ran:

Yankee Boy Basin
Ophir Pass
Corkscrew Gulch to Hurricane Pass to California Gulch to Animas Forks.  We returned using a portion of Cinnamon Pass and Mineral Creek.
Red Mountain Mining Area
Clear Lake trail
Bandora Mine trail
Last Dollar Road

Moab is only 3 hours away from Ouray, so off we went for another 9 days of adventure.  The temps peaked at around 100 each day with nightly lows around 70 degrees.  I love the Moab heat and find it comfortable.

We ran:

Tusher Tunnel
Gemini Bridges
Long Canyon/Pucker pass
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20909/shafer_jpg-1042843.JPG
Onion Creek
Fins & Things
Baby Lions Back
Mineral Point
Top of the World
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20909/top_of_the_world_jpg-1042844.JPG

Also spent time site seeing at Dead Horse State Park, Dinosaur National Monument, and the various dinosaur/petroglyph sites in the area.
View All Quotes

Details!

Our camp site

While in Ouray we ran:

Yankee Boy Basin
Ophir Pass
Red Mountain Mining Area
Clear Lake trail
Bandora Mine trail
Last Dollar Road

We ran:

Tusher Tunnel
Gemini Bridges
Long Canyon/Pucker pass
Onion Creek
Fins & Things
Baby Lions Back
Mineral Point
Top of the World

Thanks for the info on CO. Looks like you had a great trip. We’ll be doing some of the same but not near as many. Focusing on badge of honor trails.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#16]
How did the Milestar tires do over the trip?  What size are you running?  Considering a set myself.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By rhaney02:
How did the Milestar tires do over the trip? What size are you running?  Considering a set myself.
View All Quotes
How did the Milestar tires do over the trip? What size are you running?  Considering a set myself.
I would like to know this also !!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Top of the world for myself today

Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#19]

How did the Milestar tires do over the trip?  What size are you running?  Considering a set myself.
View Quote
They performed awesome!  I used them in deep sand, slickrock of Utah, jagged sharp ass rocks of Utah, mud and snow in Colorado, and a rain storm on the interstate.  Not once did they let me down.  I'm curious how they perform as they wear and plan to rotate them often.

I'm running 315/70-17, which measure right at 34 inches mounted on the vehicle.

Four of them balanced using 3-4 ounces of weight and the fifth using right around 6 ounces.  I have a feeling the fifth would balance better if the dot on the tire was properly aligned with the valve stem.  I bought them through Discount Tire and will have them rebalanced soon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seth_Livzz] [#20]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/201214/67DA6466-7195-4DA0-90C6-C9FE8B54CC25-1043796.jpg
View Quote
Awesome!

ETA:  the final stretch of that trail is no joke.  And the return route wasn't much better.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#21]
They performed awesome!  I used them in deep sand, slickrock of Utah, jagged sharp ass rocks of Utah, mud and snow in Colorado, and a rain storm on the interstate.  Not once did they let me down.  I'm curious how they perform as they wear and plan to rotate them often.

Four of them balanced using 3-4 ounces of weight and the fifth using right around 6 ounces.  I have a feeling the fifth would balance better if the dot on the tire was properly aligned with the valve stem.  I bought them through Discount Tire and will have them rebalanced soon.
View All Quotes

I'm looking at the same size tire, now that I have my 4.56 gears. Probably a KO2, though.

My 305 KO2s use less than 2 oz per tire, with 2 of the 5 using a half oz. I don't think they'd get the same traction as yours, though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Awesome!

ETA:  the final stretch of that trail is no joke.  And the return route wasn't much better.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/201214/67DA6466-7195-4DA0-90C6-C9FE8B54CC25-1043796.jpg
Awesome!

Planned to run it solo but partnered with a father and son from Missouri. Was a fun ride and well worth the view.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm looking at the same size tire, now that I have my 4.56 gears. Probably a KO2, though.

My 305 KO2s use less than 2 oz per tire, with 2 of the 5 using a half oz. I don't think they'd get the same traction as yours, though.
View All Quotes

If they’d make a 37” for a 15” wheel I’d give them a try for my next set.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 12:26:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#24]

View All Quotes

I'd been looking at other tires, but thanks to you, now I'm considering these. I can get 5 in my size for 900. At the average of 6k miles per year that I'm using them, this might be ideal!
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#25]

I'd been looking at other tires, but thanks to you, now I'm considering these. I can get 5 in my size for 900. At the average of 6k miles per year that I'm using them, this might be ideal!
View Quote
A big deciding factor for me was Cooper raising their prices this past May.  I was planning to buy a set of STT Pros, but after their price increase of about $40-50 per tire I said no thanks.  The Patagonias are super quiet at freeway speeds too, I might add.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 1:15:11 AM EDT
[#26]

A big deciding factor for me was Cooper raising their prices this past May.  I was planning to buy a set of STT Pros, but after their price increase of about $40-50 per tire I said no thanks.  The Patagonias are super quiet at freeway speeds too, I might add.
View Quote
A friend wants to buy my KO2s for half the cost of the Pats. That will ease the pain, but I am concerned about the long-term wear.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 4:43:03 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
May I use this pic for our Jeep club? This would be a great profile pic!

@APPARITION
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:25:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: APPARITION] [#28]

@APPARITION
View All Quotes

@APPARITION
Sure, no problem

Here’s another for perspective
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Thanks for the detailed reply brother, I appreciate it.  I have it narrowed down to the Pats or the TA Ko2 for when I FO.  I really like the tread pattern and sidewall design on the Milestars, just concerned about difference in tread wear between the two.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I would like to suggest that all who are shopping for tires look into the NITTO Ridge Grapplers.

Got a set of 35s on my JKU and I love them. When it's time for tires on my TJ, yep NITTO...

NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY TIRE COMPANY
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Followed a YouTuber named waypoint X today he was running milestars for those of you who are considering them may want to check out his channel. Might see my LJ on it.

Also met the guys from TFL on baby lions back and got to follow a few Jeep test rigs with diesels.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Our camp site

While in Ouray we ran:

Yankee Boy Basin
Ophir Pass
Red Mountain Mining Area
Clear Lake trail
Bandora Mine trail
Last Dollar Road

We ran:

Tusher Tunnel
Gemini Bridges
Long Canyon/Pucker pass
Onion Creek
Fins & Things
Baby Lions Back
Mineral Point
Top of the World

View All Quotes

Details!

Our camp site

While in Ouray we ran:

Yankee Boy Basin
Ophir Pass
Red Mountain Mining Area
Clear Lake trail
Bandora Mine trail
Last Dollar Road

We ran:

Tusher Tunnel
Gemini Bridges
Long Canyon/Pucker pass
Onion Creek
Fins & Things
Baby Lions Back
Mineral Point
Top of the World

You did Top of the World and didn't take THE pic?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Awesome!

View Quote
No joking.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seth_Livzz] [#34]
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/38583/29595093_10109409499504461_1880760155059805282_n_jpg-1044679.JPG
View Quote
Sadly, we did not.  All bullshit excuses aside when we arrived there were 2 couples already there with a storm rolling in.  One of the ladies snapped a pic of me and my daughter on the point.  As we were chatting afterwards the lady's husband noticed my daughter's hair was standing on end and promptly suggested we all GTFO, lol.  Not really a big deal to me that my Jeep wasn't photographed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Sadly, we did not.  All bullshit excuses aside when we arrived there were 2 couples already there with a storm rolling in.  One of the ladies snapped a pic of me and my daughter on the point.  As we were chatting afterwards the lady's husband noticed my daughter's hair was standing on end and promptly suggested we all GTFO, lol.  Not really a big deal to me that my Jeep was photographed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/38583/29595093_10109409499504461_1880760155059805282_n_jpg-1044679.JPG
Sadly, we did not.  All bullshit excuses aside when we arrived there were 2 couples already there with a storm rolling in.  One of the ladies snapped a pic of me and my daughter on the point.  As we were chatting afterwards the lady's husband noticed my daughter's hair was standing on end and promptly suggested we all GTFO, lol.  Not really a big deal to me that my Jeep was photographed.
No reason to get half domed over it. Most people will never see that view.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Jeep fest in Toledo this wknd
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Elephant Hill trail

Poison Spider trail

Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#38]
A buddy just sent me this

Link Posted: 8/9/2019 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
[eek]
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
#nope
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Super retarded, even if it is photoshopped.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Boomer:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boomer:
Probably photoshopped out the winch lines hooked to it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#43]
oops

Link Posted: 8/19/2019 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Weight saving?
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Weight saving?
View Quote
Trying to get an LJR under 2500# is tough!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 3:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alemonkey] [#46]
Just took a leap into the Jeep world for the first time.  Always wanted one but never pulled the trigger.  My daughter is starting to drive and really likes Jeeps, so we picked this up.  I figure she can drive it for a couple years, then if she doesn't wreck it she can get something new and I'll have a toy to mod.

97 TJ with the 4.0 / 5 speed.  It needs a little work.  The exhaust is shot and someone removed the cat and downstream O2 sensor, so it's throwing a code.  Ordered a whole new exhaust from the Manifold back from Rock Auto, plus new O2 sensors.  Only other thing really wrong is the passenger side front fender got bent up, but replacements are cheap.  Otherwise the body is in great shape.  No rust, the frame and underside of the tub still have factory paint.

Not a fan of the cheesy diamond plate fender protectors.  They're pop riveted on, so I'm thinking about drilling out the rivets, filling the holes, and hitting it with some touchup paint.  I'm a little worried what I'll find underneath, though.  Maybe I'll just paint them black since they're all oxidized anyway.

Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:38:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easy_E] [#48]
Wife and I playing at the jeep park .

Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By mustb123:
Nice looking rig, but that diamond plate isn't used to protect anything other than the rust under it - usually.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mustb123:
Originally Posted By alemonkey:
Just took a leap into the Jeep world for the first time.  Always wanted one but never pulled the trigger.  My daughter is starting to drive and really likes Jeeps, so we picked this up.  I figure she can drive it for a couple years, then if she doesn't wreck it she can get something new and I'll have a toy to mod.

97 TJ with the 4.0 / 5 speed.  It needs a little work.  The exhaust is shot and someone removed the cat and downstream O2 sensor, so it's throwing a code.  Ordered a whole new exhaust from the Manifold back from Rock Auto, plus new O2 sensors.  Only other thing really wrong is the passenger side front fender got bent up, but replacements are cheap.  Otherwise the body is in great shape.  No rust, the frame and underside of the tub still have factory paint.

Not a fan of the cheesy diamond plate fender protectors.  They're pop riveted on, so I'm thinking about drilling out the rivets, filling the holes, and hitting it with some touchup paint.  I'm a little worried what I'll find underneath, though.  Maybe I'll just paint them black since they're all oxidized anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/U3j80GE.png
Nice looking rig, but that diamond plate isn't used to protect anything other than the rust under it - usually.
Yeah, I found out a couple of rivets were loose on one side so I was able to peel it back a little.  Rusted all the way through. Not too surprising.  Maybe I'll just spring for two all new fenders.  Or maybe I'll just let it be for a while.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 60
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 33 of 60)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top