Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 9:07:43 AM EDT

Any good publicly traded companies worth looking at?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Enlighten me my friend, can I call you my friend?...WTF are nanotubes?...w/o me googling!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Enlighten me my friend, can I call you my friend?...WTF are nanotubes?...w/o me googling!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_nanotube
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
WoW...Thanks for that link. I have 1 pal that I know that might help intel wise.I'd guess your looking for a co.to invest in in that field. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WoW...Thanks for that link. I have 1 pal that I know that might help intel wise.I'd guess your looking for a co.to invest in in that field. Good Luck!

Yep,  I'm looking for a publicly traded company that is in the process of manufacturing nanotubes on a commercial basis.  Emerging tech type of thing.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I do not believe anyone has reduced them to practice yet.
A lot of promise, a lot of patents, but no product.

The few companies I have seen are at venture capital status.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#7]
'For better or worse, Nano-Tex's stain-resistant pants have become both a poster child and a whipping post. For nanotech promoters, they show one of many facets of the field's promise, while detractors argue that stain-resistant pants are hardly the stuff of which high-tech revolutions are born."

Sorry, I am with the detracotrs on this one.
Nantero has some good ideas, but they are still in the mill.

A good semiconductor application with wide usage would be a real moneymaker.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#8]

LOL, I don't think I would be looking at clothing apps. But it does show a lot of promise in body armor.

I have to do a little digging on this one too.www.naturalnano.com/
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

LOL, I don't think I would be looking at clothing apps. But it does show a lot of promise in body armor.

I have to do a little digging on this one too.www.naturalnano.com/

Too  narrow for an already narrow and still embryonic field that is almost purely a spec play.

For ideas of players, see technical conferences.

or the ETF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top