BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By woodsie:

I don't want to poop on your idea but there is a reason why OXLC is paying what appears to be a 33% dividend at the time of your posting.  I don't know the reason because I haven't researched it I know that a 33% dividend is an absolutely massive red flag.

What does the OXLC do?  How does that company make money?  Why is the market valuing it so poorly relative to their dividend?

View Quote

Oxford Lane Capital Corp. is a non-diversified closed-end management investment company. The Fund's investment objective is to maximize its portfolio's risk adjusted total return and seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing in structured finance investments, specifically collateralized loan obligation (CLO) vehicles, which primarily own senior corporate debt securities.

Dividend is funded through June. It's likely going to go away after that or change significantly. Pre-covid it was roughly $10/share.

It's currently at 3.39/ share. It's a cheap enough stock that you can drip the div to increase shares and if it goes back to pre-covid price triple your money.

IMO if you're in for $100 there's a lot worse risks your could take.

ETA: They released their April financial update, stock dropped another 10%...
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oxford Lane Capital Corp. is a non-diversified closed-end management investment company. The Fund's investment objective is to maximize its portfolio's risk adjusted total return and seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing in structured finance investments, specifically collateralized loan obligation (CLO) vehicles, which primarily own senior corporate debt securities.

Dividend is funded through June. It's likely going to go away after that or change significantly. Pre-covid it was roughly $10/share.

It's currently at 3.39/ share. It's a cheap enough stock that you can drip the div to increase shares and if it goes back to pre-covid price triple your money.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to poop on your idea but there is a reason why OXLC is paying what appears to be a 33% dividend at the time of your posting.  I don't know the reason because I haven't researched it I know that a 33% dividend is an absolutely massive red flag.

What does the OXLC do?  How does that company make money?  Why is the market valuing it so poorly relative to their dividend?

I've been collecting the divs, regularly since December. I'm in for a pretty decent (to me) amount.

I'm going to give it 6-8 months after this Covid stuff goes away too see if it comes back, if not, then I guess I'll sell it and fund something else. Probably O, as I like to have a few monthly DIV paying stocks in my Portfolio.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By smullen:

I've been collecting the divs, regularly since December. I'm in for a pretty decent (to me) amount.

I'm going to give it 6-8 months after this Covid stuff goes away too see if it comes back, if not, then I guess I'll sell it and fund something else. Probably O, as I like to have a few monthly DIV paying stocks in my Portfolio.

View Quote

It's definitely a buy/hold stock at the moment. It's too low to sell if you're in for any real money IMO.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:

It's definitely a buy/hold stock at the moment. It's too low to sell if you're in for any real money IMO.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smullen:

I've been collecting the divs, regularly since December. I'm in for a pretty decent (to me) amount.

I'm going to give it 6-8 months after this Covid stuff goes away too see if it comes back, if not, then I guess I'll sell it and fund something else. Probably O, as I like to have a few monthly DIV paying stocks in my Portfolio.

It's definitely a buy/hold stock at the moment. It's too low to sell if you're in for any real money IMO.

Between their significant losses, and end of the dividend, isn't it likely there's a hard drop after June one pays out, and it gets dumped for one with more upside?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Between their significant losses, and end of the dividend, isn't it likely there's a hard drop after June one pays out, and it gets dumped for one with more upside?
View Quote

Who knows.

My investment strategy isn't to buy high and sell low. Anyone that got in prior to March would be taking a huge loss to sell now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Oxford Lane Capital Corp. is a non-diversified closed-end management investment company. The Fund's investment objective is to maximize its portfolio's risk adjusted total return and seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing in structured finance investments, specifically collateralized loan obligation (CLO) vehicles, which primarily own senior corporate debt securities.

Dividend is funded through June. It's likely going to go away after that or change significantly. Pre-covid it was roughly $10/share.

It's currently at 3.39/ share. It's a cheap enough stock that you can drip the div to increase shares and if it goes back to pre-covid price triple your money.

IMO if you're in for $100 there's a lot worse risks your could take.

ETA: They released their April financial update, stock dropped another 10%...
View All Quotes

I don't want to poop on your idea but there is a reason why OXLC is paying what appears to be a 33% dividend at the time of your posting.  I don't know the reason because I haven't researched it I know that a 33% dividend is an absolutely massive red flag.

What does the OXLC do?  How does that company make money?  Why is the market valuing it so poorly relative to their dividend?

Oxford Lane Capital Corp. is a non-diversified closed-end management investment company. The Fund's investment objective is to maximize its portfolio's risk adjusted total return and seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing in structured finance investments, specifically collateralized loan obligation (CLO) vehicles, which primarily own senior corporate debt securities.

Dividend is funded through June. It's likely going to go away after that or change significantly. Pre-covid it was roughly $10/share.

It's currently at 3.39/ share. It's a cheap enough stock that you can drip the div to increase shares and if it goes back to pre-covid price triple your money.

IMO if you're in for $100 there's a lot worse risks your could take.

ETA: They released their April financial update, stock dropped another 10%...

You know it's not a good sign when you use copypasta as your explanation.  

I'm not going to shit on OXLC specifically but I'm just going to throw out a general warning to anyone in this thread that if you don't truly understand what a company does and how they make money, then it's not a great idea to invest in it.

Never invest in something you don't understand.

I get the impression that most people in this thread are attracted by past dividends relative to current share price rather than an understanding of what it is that this company does to generate profits.

That's all.  I hope it goes to the moon and everyone makes a bunch of money regardless.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You know it's not a good sign when you use copypasta as your explanation.  

I'm not going to shit on OXLC specifically but I'm just going to throw out a general warning to anyone in this thread that if you don't truly understand what a company does and how they make money, then it's not a great idea to invest in it.

Never invest in something you don't understand.

I get the impression that most people in this thread are attracted by past dividends relative to current share price rather than an understanding of what it is that this company does to generate profits.

That's all.  I hope it goes to the moon and everyone makes a bunch of money regardless.

View Quote

I get what your saying about the stock price and dont disagree...

As far ad what they do, it's not that complicated.
More "CopyPasta", ""In finance, senior debt, frequently issued in the form of senior notes or referred to as senior loans, is debt that takes priority over other unsecured or otherwise more "junior" debt owed by the issuer.

Senior debt has greater seniority in the issuer's capital structure than subordinated debt.

In the event the issuer goes bankrupt, senior debt theoretically must be repaid before other creditors receive any payment...

Senior debt is often secured by collateral on which the lender has put in place a first lien. Usually this covers all the assets of a corporation and is often used for revolving credit lines.

It is the debt that has priority for repayment in a liquidation.

In Short, they are a loan company for big businesses (and maybe small).

Shorter,
If they don't get paid, we dont get paid.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, it's down to $3.06 today, and I can't get my Etrade to transfer my money quickly enough...
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]

You know it's not a good sign when you use copypasta as your explanation.  

I'm not going to shit on OXLC specifically but I'm just going to throw out a general warning to anyone in this thread that if you don't truly understand what a company does and how they make money, then it's not a great idea to invest in it.

Never invest in something you don't understand.

I get the impression that most people in this thread are attracted by past dividends relative to current share price rather than an understanding of what it is that this company does to generate profits.

That's all.  I hope it goes to the moon and everyone makes a bunch of money regardless.

View Quote

I didn't get in for the dividend. It seemed like a good value at 3.25 to me. They didn't lose 2/3 of their assets/income in a week. It may go lower but I'm betting on it getting higher. If i make some dividends while I wait then so be it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#10]

I didn't get in for the dividend. It seemed like a good value at 3.25 to me. They didn't lose 2/3 of their assets/income in a week. It may go lower but I'm betting on it getting higher. If i make some dividends while I wait then so be it.
View All Quotes

You know it's not a good sign when you use copypasta as your explanation.  

I'm not going to shit on OXLC specifically but I'm just going to throw out a general warning to anyone in this thread that if you don't truly understand what a company does and how they make money, then it's not a great idea to invest in it.

Never invest in something you don't understand.

I get the impression that most people in this thread are attracted by past dividends relative to current share price rather than an understanding of what it is that this company does to generate profits.

That's all.  I hope it goes to the moon and everyone makes a bunch of money regardless.

I didn't get in for the dividend. It seemed like a good value at 3.25 to me. They didn't lose 2/3 of their assets/income in a week. It may go lower but I'm betting on it getting higher. If i make some dividends while I wait then so be it.

How much did they lose?

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I got in today at $2.76 p/s with $500...
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#12]

How much did they lose?

View Quote

Based on value of the stock price. Published earnings haven't dropped.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sevensteps:

I got in today at $2.76 p/s with $500...
View Quote

If the price holds you could sell tomorrow and make 5% from the dividend..
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Based on value of the stock price. Published earnings haven't dropped.
View All Quotes

How much did they lose?

Based on value of the stock price. Published earnings haven't dropped.

I'm asking the question for a reason.  I'm not asking you to just come up with any answer for the sake of having an answer.  I'm asking the question for people to think about how well they understand this company's business model and how it's assets and earnings are effected by current events.  I've really not seen anything in this thread that indicates that people really have any kind of deep understanding of what they are investing in.

You don't have to explain it to me.  You just have to explain it to yourself.  This would be the kind of investment where I'd want to read their annual report, get an idea of exactly what CLOs they are investing in, understand what those CLOs are attached to, and then have some real good answers why the share price is rapidly approaching zero.

I don't think the average retail Arfcom investor is going to be equipped to sort through that.  I went to school for this stuff and I know it would take me a pretty good amount of time to wrap my head around it.

I suspect that the real reason people are buying this is because they are attracted by the illusion of high dividend yield and low nominal share price and I'm only throwing my 2 cents into this thread to try and give people some caution regarding investing in stuff they don't understand.

Nonetheless, I do really hope everyone does well on this.  I'm not hating even a little bit.  There's certainly plenty of things that can come out of left field in this market to turn losers into winners.  For example, the broader market was headed to a much lower bottom than DJIA 18k until Congress decided to drop a massive cash bomb on it.

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm asking the question for a reason.  I'm not asking you to just come up with any answer for the sake of having an answer.  I'm asking the question for people to think about how well they understand this company's business model and how it's assets and earnings are effected by current events.  I've really not seen anything in this thread that indicates that people really have any kind of deep understanding of what they are investing in.

You don't have to explain it to me.  You just have to explain it to yourself.  This would be the kind of investment where I'd want to read their annual report, get an idea of exactly what CLOs they are investing in, understand what those CLOs are attached to, and then have some real good answers why the share price is rapidly approaching zero.

I don't think the average retail Arfcom investor is going to be equipped to sort through that.  I went to school for this stuff and I know it would take me a pretty good amount of time to wrap my head around it.

I suspect that the real reason people are buying this is because they are attracted by the illusion of high dividend yield and low nominal share price and I'm only throwing my 2 cents into this thread to try and give people some caution regarding investing in stuff they don't understand.

Nonetheless, I do really hope everyone does well on this.  I'm not hating even a little bit.  There's certainly plenty of things that can come out of left field in this market to turn losers into winners.  For example, the broader market was headed to a much lower bottom than DJIA 18k until Congress decided to drop a massive cash bomb on it.

View Quote

I think you are correct....Low share price, high dividend with DRI...

With me, it's maybe $700 total investment...Basically the cost of one AR-15
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#16]

If the price holds you could sell tomorrow and make 5% from the dividend.. 
View All Quotes

I got in today at $2.76 p/s with $500...

If the price holds you could sell tomorrow and make 5% from the dividend.. 

Dividends come right out of share price the second a stock goes ex-dividend.  Other factors may effect the share price that trading day but there is no loophole where you can buy stocks the day before they go ex-dividend and then sell the day after and expect to rack up successive X% wins by sniping at dividends.  

If that was possible, you could put together a dividend sniping strategy that grabbed a percent or two per day and turned you into a billionaire in less than 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I got rid of my OXLC stock yesterday, after taking quite a beating all week. This morning, I put it into Applied DNA Sciences, Inc (APDN) after reading that they had received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for their Covid-19 test kit. It's up over 80% for the day. I got in at $14.20 and it's up to $16.03 so far, or about a 13.5% gain since I bought it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#18]

I bought in at 17.5 it's currently at 25.18

I also bought DKNGW (warrants) at 7.92 they are currently at 13.06

I'm thinking of selling the warrants off and throwing it all at OXLC.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fiveby5:
DKNG 

DraftKings

-new listing

-tech stock

-gambling 

-trading at 20$

-buy 5 

-sit on it

I bought in at 17.5 it's currently at 25.18

I also bought DKNGW (warrants) at 7.92 they are currently at 13.06

I'm thinking of selling the warrants off and throwing it all at OXLC.

I’m still holding both of the DKNGs. This was seriously sound advice from @fiveby5

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#19]

I’m still holding both of the DKNGs. This was seriously sound advice from @fiveby5

View Quote

I bought 7 initially at 19.6$

bought two more @ 23.1 and simultaneously 20 OXLC at 2.9. Which was roughly 2 shares of DKNG at the time just to watch and compare. I'm not regretting my peanuts gamble on OXCL, but I probably should have put it towards DKNG.

I've been chasing Raytheon (RTX)  heavily since the new merger so that has tied up the majority of my funds. If DKNG has a sell-off next week I'm going to focus funds on that and load up for the long term. I'm targeting under 25$. I also like RTX but I have a hunch (based on feels and guessing ) that DKNG will beat it out in my portfolio. I'm hoping Raytheon beats out LockMart on this new "Super Duper TM" missile  

Anyway, glad you're liking your DKNG. I'm a firm believer. I've got too many relatives with money issues and debt that always seem to find (and waste) an extra 1-2 hundred a week on their sports "genius". I don't see a weak economy changing people who suck with money.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Dividends come right out of share price the second a stock goes ex-dividend.  Other factors may effect the share price that trading day but there is no loophole where you can buy stocks the day before they go ex-dividend and then sell the day after and expect to rack up successive X% wins by sniping at dividends.  

If that was possible, you could put together a dividend sniping strategy that grabbed a percent or two per day and turned you into a billionaire in less than 10 years.
View Quote

So, basically what you are saying is this so I can understand...

Say OXLC is right now at $3.06...I dollar cost averaged my shares, (some at $3.40, some at $2.80, etc)...total of around 340 shares.

When the dividend goes ex, in this case on the 15th, then all share prices automatically drop the .14 cents in this case? Is that across the board on all stock shares for any company?

And on the DRI, when will that order place on Etrade, COB on the May 31?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#21]

So, basically what you are saying is this so I can understand...

Say OXLC is right now at $3.06...I dollar cost averaged my shares, (some at $3.40, some at $2.80, etc)...total of around 340 shares.

When the dividend goes ex, in this case on the 15th, then all share prices automatically drop the .14 cents in this case? Is that across the board on all stock shares for any company?

And on the DRI, when will that order place on Etrade, COB on the May 31?
View All Quotes

Dividends come right out of share price the second a stock goes ex-dividend.  Other factors may effect the share price that trading day but there is no loophole where you can buy stocks the day before they go ex-dividend and then sell the day after and expect to rack up successive X% wins by sniping at dividends.  

If that was possible, you could put together a dividend sniping strategy that grabbed a percent or two per day and turned you into a billionaire in less than 10 years.

So, basically what you are saying is this so I can understand...

Say OXLC is right now at $3.06...I dollar cost averaged my shares, (some at $3.40, some at $2.80, etc)...total of around 340 shares.

When the dividend goes ex, in this case on the 15th, then all share prices automatically drop the .14 cents in this case? Is that across the board on all stock shares for any company?

And on the DRI, when will that order place on Etrade, COB on the May 31?

Yes, that is mostly true.  The caveats are:

1)  It's not "automatic" but rather a natural consequence that the market should price in.  Dividends come right off the balance sheet of the company.  If a company pays out $0.14 per share in dividends then the value of the company should be right about $0.14 per share less than it was before.  You have to think of it from the perspective that the market is full of informed buyers and sellers and nobody is going to let you get away with buying the day before, taking a dividend, and then selling the day after at the same price.  The guy buying the day after it goes ex-dividend isn't going to want to pay what you paid for a company that just coughed up $0.14 per share in cash.

2)  There are always other factors on any given trading day which could cause the share price to drop more or less than that amount.  Share price is always is an amalgamation of all factors and information out there and more things change in a day than just the fact that a dividend got paid out.

The reason I bring up the point is only to make sure people understand that sniping dividends as a strategy doesn't have any validity to it otherwise everyone would be doing it.  If everyone was doing it, the market would price it in.  Imagine what price action would look like if everyone was piling into a stock before it went ex-dividend and then everyone was piling out of a stock right after...

Regarding when DRIP orders get processed, I don't know the answer for certain without looking but I'd expect it would be the same day or near the same day when the dividend is actually paid.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Well how's it going?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well how's it going?
View Quote

Haven't had a chance too look at my stocks much the last few days, but I'm still holding.

I'm going to give them a few months after/if they suspend div to see if it come back.
I dont want to see while it's down if I dont have too..
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well how's it going?
View Quote

Well, my OXLC is up to almost what I have dollar cost averaged price to and I should net another 10-15 shares at DRI on 5/31...

My Boeing is looking a lot better too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Sold my OXLC @ 3.15 for a slight profit. I debated on keeping it through the June dividend but decided to drop it before then. I'll keep an eye on how it reacts to the dividend suspension and maybe buy back in if it hits below $3 and looks like it might start coming back when they announce restarting dividends.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sold my OXLC @ 3.15 for a slight profit. I debated on keeping it through the June dividend but decided to drop it before then. I'll keep an eye on how it reacts to the dividend suspension and maybe buy back in if it hits below $3 and looks like it might start coming back when they announce restarting dividends.
View Quote

Can you buy on June 11 and sell on June 16 and get the dividend paid on June 30 or do you have to hold through the paid date?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I bought 7 initially at 19.6$

bought two more @ 23.1 and simultaneously 20 OXLC at 2.9. Which was roughly 2 shares of DKNG at the time just to watch and compare. I'm not regretting my peanuts gamble on OXCL, but I probably should have put it towards DKNG.

I've been chasing Raytheon (RTX)  heavily since the new merger so that has tied up the majority of my funds. If DKNG has a sell-off next week I'm going to focus funds on that and load up for the long term. I'm targeting under 25$. I also like RTX but I have a hunch (based on feels and guessing ) that DKNG will beat it out in my portfolio. I'm hoping Raytheon beats out LockMart on this new "Super Duper TM" missile  

Anyway, glad you're liking your DKNG. I'm a firm believer. I've got too many relatives with money issues and debt that always seem to find (and waste) an extra 1-2 hundred a week on their sports "genius". I don't see a weak economy changing people who suck with money.
View Quote

DKNG is at $39 today.

I also like GAN but it's getting expensive as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Can you buy on June 11 and sell on June 16 and get the dividend paid on June 30 or do you have to hold through the paid date?
View Quote

Do don't have to hold through the pay date to receive the dividend. Just want to point out the stock dropped .20 on the last dividend.

Stock History shows that it routinely drops on dividend date.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Well.... the $100 is lasting longer on robinhood than at the casino so that’s good I guess...

What should I invest in next month for $100?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well.... the $100 is lasting longer on robinhood than at the casino so that’s good I guess...

What should I invest in next month for $100?
View Quote

MVIS

I liked GAN as a buy earlier this week but it's currently $19. It has potential much like DKNG.

PFGC is a good short-long term and still a good value price wise.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Casino stocks are doing pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

DKNG is at $39 today.

I also like GAN but it's getting expensive as well.
View Quote

I'm currently up 99.3% on my original DKNG buy bought around Apil 20th

Now for my comparison buy of OXLC and DKNG, which was made around May 6th, I spent roughly equal amounts give or take a few bucks

OXLC I'm up 2.5%   bought at $2.9
DKNG I'm up 68.3% bought at $23.13

I'm going to focus on high growth tech stocks here on out personally while steadily adding to my defense stock portfolio ( which pays dividends)

I'm researching GAN now. It says Fan duel is their client. I like that, but I need to find out more about the company.  PENN gaming is another that has risen like DKNG. Lots of movement in the online gambling market. We are entering a shift into something new for this space, its finally becoming "appified" for mainstream consumption like taxies to uber or hotels to airbnb

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm currently up 99.3% on my original DKNG buy bought around Apil 20th

Now for my comparison buy of OXLC and DKNG, which was made around May 6th, I spent roughly equal amounts give or take a few bucks

OCXL I'm up 2.5%   bought at $2.9
DKNG I'm up 68.3% bought at $23.13

I'm going to focus on high growth tech stocks here on out personally while steadily adding to my defense stock portfolio ( which pays dividends)

I'm researching GAN now. It says Fan duel is their client. I like that, but I need to find out more about the company.  PENN gaming is another that has risen like DKNG. Lots of movement in the online gambling market. We are entering a shift into something new for this space, its finally becoming "appified" for mainstream consumption like taxies to uber or hotels to airbnb

View Quote

I'm up 92% on DKNG.

The thing to consider with GAN is that it owns a patent on the ability for a casino that has an offline brick-and-mortar presence with an offline loyalty program to merge that with an online loyalty program. They should be able to leverage casinos with that patent which could be the game changer.

I bought some PENN shares as well. I'm up on it but I don't think their peak is as high as GAN or DKNG.

My ASP of OXLC is 8.72.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm waiting for CLIS (click stream ) to move again
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm up 92% on DKNG.

The thing to consider with GAN is that it owns a patent on the ability for a casino that has an offline brick-and-mortar presence with an offline loyalty program to merge that with an online loyalty program. They should be able to leverage casinos with that patent which could be the game changer.

I bought some PENN shares as well. I'm up on it but I don't think their peak is as high as GAN or DKNG.

My ASP of OXLC is 8.72.
View Quote

Sold all my OXLC and converted it to GAN. I'm up 14% so far. Looks like OXLC had a great day though, figures it moves once I get out.. So you're welcome holders. Im still ahead more on my GAN  conversion though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sold all my OXLC and converted it to GAN. I'm up 14% so far. Looks like OXLC had a great day though, figures it moves once I get out.. So you're welcome holders. Im still ahead more on my GAN  conversion though.
View Quote

It's only up 20% for the day.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's only up 20% for the day.

View Quote

figures

I'm happy with my GAN  purchase, however. Like you said I think it has a higher ceiling for sure and as I type in up 20% on it as well. I hope it moves like DKNG, seems to be a semblance on those who are piling in with FOMO like DKNG
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I am at dollar cost average with OXLC....Does DRIP show up at opening on Monday?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

figures

I'm happy with my GAN  purchase, however. Like you said I think it has a higher ceiling for sure and as I type in up 20% on it as well. I hope it moves like DKNG, seems to be a semblance on those who are piling in with FOMO like DKNG
View Quote

I was talking about GAN.

OXLC was 11.5% which is still wayyy down from where I bought it.

DKNG broke 40 today
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was talking about GAN.

OXLC was 11.5% which is still wayyy down from where I bought it.

DKNG broke 40 today
View Quote

Oh. I misunderstood. Anyway, I'm glad to be out of OXLC as I didn't know anything about it, just the banter here about it.

Thanks for the GAN tip. I'm gonna continue to build my position and gamble on others' gamblings.

hopefully, I get more buying opportunities on both  (GAN/DKNG)
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#41]
OXLC is back in the black for me! Thanks for the tip.

Time for next $100.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#42]
GNUS is looking popular. Price still seems inflated considering they just diluted the shares. People must really believe their launch is going to boost its value.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
GNUS is looking popular. Price still seems inflated considering they just diluted the shares. People must really believe their launch is going to boost its value.
View Quote

Bought  42 shares just now at $2.48 per.

Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#44]
OXLC has already jumped 20% today. At 4.10 right now. It probably did that because I sold my positions so, to anyone still holding, you're welcome.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
OXLC has already jumped 20% today. At 4.10 right now. It probably did that because I sold my positions so, to anyone still holding, you're welcome.
View Quote

A lot of volume today.

Anyone reinvesting dividends on this would have liked the price to stay low a couple more days
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I held and bought more at $2.80, so I'm liking it...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like my luck. I can sit on something for a year, soon as I sell, it will jump and double or triple.

As for OXLC, On 5/30/20 it paid me $48.65 in Dividends and bought me 15.2863 more shares at $3.1825 each...

My next stocks I'm buying more of are O, T...

Looking at my #s this morning, I'm finally at 1003.00 a year in projected Divs..  
I know that is nothing huge to brag about, but its a Stepping stone or small goal. I started late in December with 0 Divs...
My next goal is to bring up the smaller months to where every month, I'll break a 200.00 in Divs...  
Still not bragging money, but it'll be starting to trickle in at that point.

Miles and Miles to go.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#48]
So how long do we hold dkng? Have to be at least nfl season. It’s killing it now with no sports
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So how long do we hold dkng? Have to be at least nfl season. It’s killing it now with no sports
View Quote

You want out?

It’s up 120% in the past month with the core aspect of its business absent.

Who knows where it goes. I have stop loss set at 40. I’m selling 1/3 of my shares if it hits 50.

I think 39-41 is its real price next year. Eventually they have to make money.

Legal online gambling is still new and they only reach 25% of the population. Expanding to new markets will eat into earnings but revenue will be the number to look at. As long a revenue is increasing people will react positive to it.

GAN, PENN, GMBL, and DKNG are all competing for the same 25% of the population. I wouldn't crown DKNG the winner without actual sports to bet on, I also wouldn't bet against the public.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Well SL hit today and out officially out of DKNG.

I dumped in all into GAN. I think it has the potential to climb more than DKNG at this point.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top