Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone that is on TOS interested in charts ? I can share some chart patterns if anyone is interested?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:32:09 AM EDT
[#2]
4/28

So last week the sell off was short lived and has not affected the rally. AAPL was below its 50 day average but quickly shot above that that price. So since fundamentals have not matter much in this market lets look at the technical analysis. The chart patterns of the QQQ SPY DIA look alot better all are above the 50 day. The QQQ looks the best out of the three for reasons that I have mentioned in past post. I sold MSFT at a high and have not bought it back as of Monday. I have been watching the Russell and it is starting to look interesting. Monday I bought OUSM and might also buy IWM. So is this a good time to get in the market ? The answer is I don't know. More companies are panning to start opening and this can only be a plus for the economy. Alot of money is sill on the sidelines and will come back in to the market at one point. The VIX is in the 30s. The CNN fear greed gauge was at 3 during the lows of the of the selloff it is now at 43 https://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/ I will be watching what the FED has to say AAPL XOM and BA earnings. If anything changes I will adjust quickly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#3]
i went all in a week after the bottom

it's not going to drop more than 10% without gov intervention, it's crazy not to be riding this clown market up
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
SPY is very close to closing above the 200 day. The QQQ still look the best followed by the SPY then DIA. The IWM is also past the 50 day. Small caps have had some big moves the last couple days.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:20:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hut_Boom:
4/28

So last week the sell off was short lived and has not affected the rally. APPL was below its 50 day average but quickly shot above that that price. So since fundamentals have not matter much in this market lets look at the technical analysis. The chart patterns of the QQQ SPY DIA look alot better all are above the 50 day. The QQQ looks the best out of the three for reasons that I have mentioned in past post. I sold MSFT at a high and have not bought it back as of Monday. I have been watching the Russell and it is starting to look interesting. Monday I bought OUSM and might also buy IWM. So is this a good time to get in the market ? The answer is I don't know. More companies are panning to start opening and this can only be a plus for the economy. Alot of money is sill on the sidelines and will come back in to the market at one point. The VIX is in the 30s. The CNN fear greed gauge was at 3 during the lows of the of the selloff it is now at 43 https://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/ I will be watching what the FED has to say APPL XOM and BA earnings. If anything changes I will adjust quickly.
View Quote

If you're really trading semi-professionally and/or have lots of experience, why don't you know the correct ticker for Apple? Literally everyone in this business knows it and it's not APPL.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#6]
5/3/20

Friday sell off put the DIA SPY right back on the 50 yard line between bullish and bearish. The QQQ still look the best of the three. So far sell offs have been short lived so it will be interesting to see if that trend continues.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hut_Boom:
5/3/20

Friday sell off put the DIA SPY right back on the 50 yard line between bullish and bearish. The QQQ still look the best of the three. So far sell offs have been short lived so it will be interesting to see if that trend continues.
View Quote

What’s your prediction for Monday?  I bought into a shit ton more positions close to closing on Friday and I’ll kick myself if we see another big drop tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KYGolfer:

What’s your prediction for Monday?  I bought into a shit ton more positions close to closing on Friday and I’ll kick myself if we see another big drop tomorrow.
View Quote

I thought the sell off was a little overdone. I think the overseas markets being closed last Friday and the TSLA tweet added to the downward pressure. I bought more QQQ on Friday. I don't know what Monday action will bring. If Becky on CNBC interviews Warren Buffet it should help the premarket in a positive way. I am sure they will be running his " don't bet against America " and other comments he made this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#9]
5/18/20

SPY is looking bullish with a long base if it starts to breakout of the range it could quickly go to 300.00. Watch MSFT AAPL AMZN for early indicators of the direction that the SPY is going to move.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow,  Today's gain was remarkable... I wonder how long this would last. Is the market back in action or we will see a drop later on ?

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#11]
If SPY can get pass 300.00 this week or next it would be very bullish. The longer the base the bigger the move. SPY has built up a long base. I would like to see a breakout on price and volume above the 300.00 to confirm this upside move in SPY.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:20:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Tuesday moves were pretty good with big moves in QQQ SPY DIA although I would liked to have seen the three closing at the days highs. It look like some profit taking in QQQ. ALL three look bullish still. For the first time it's SPY is starting to look stronger than the QQQ. I think SPY could have a good move in the next few months. As far as strength it goes SPY QQQ DIA.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Buy SPY here. The SPY is very close to the 50 day crossing back above the 200 day. I don't know if SPY goes up tomorrow or the next day. I do know that once this happens it will be seen as a major positive. If you been on the sidelines this is the time to scale back in now for SPY.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I sold some funds yesterday that were good divi payers for us. I suspect some cuts will be announced which could generate some 20-30% haircuts soon. I did take advantage of the oil situation to pick up a bunch of RDSb.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Fridays move was the break out I was looking for SPY. The SPY is very close to the 50 day moving average crossing above the 200 day moving average. Fridays move were big in price and volume across all major indexes. This technically will be seen by institutions and traders as the beginning of a broad recovery. Many institutions will be more cautious until two of the three indexes have their 50 day above the 200 day. The QQQ 50 day never crossed below the 200 day  and was first to recover. The SPY will be next.

I don't know if I am going to update this post any longer at on a weekly basis here are the gains from this post as of 6/7/20

4/13/20  QQQ UP 19.89%
4/28/20  IWM UP 14.54%
4/28/20 OUSM UP 13.45%
5/18/20 SPY    UP  13.09%
6/3/20 SPY Buy here post up 2.93%
No loses

I don't know what the spy will do next week but I think a year from now this move from last week will clearly show the beginning of a broad recovery.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top