Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2017 12:18:48 AM EDT
Just started reading up on it and seems interesting but prices looks to be in bubble territory and don't want to buy at the top. Any recommendations of upcoming ICOs? Only coins I own at the moment are free from ATS and WCX. Anyone know of other free coins out there?

Referral links to free ATS and WCX tokens if interested:

1. 75 free ATS crypto tokens($10usd):

http://bounty.authorship.com/ref/L8237039

You can create your Ether/Ethereum Wallet @ https://www.myetherwallet.com

2. 50 Free WCX Crypto Tokens(10WCX=$1usd). As a holder of WCX Tokens, you're entitled to a portion of WCX's revenue:

https://wcex.co/?ref=DnVOKpYG
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Get out of here with your referral spamcoin bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#2]
No.  no I'm not.  

I still don't get BitCoin, but obviously the jokes on me.  Because collectively a lot of people have decided that the BitCoin made-up video/electronic currency has value, and will trade a car for it, and a house for a bunch of it.  I won't - I don't think it has any value and have no faith that it's value will remain relevant; even though a lot of other people do and I'm the fool who should have bought.  So you can bet I sure as shit don't see value in your new me-too made-up currency!

(in before threadlock!)
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.  no I'm not.  

I still don't get BitCoin, but obviously the jokes on me.  Because collectively a lot of people have decided that the BitCoin made-up video/electronic currency has value, and will trade a car for it, and a house for a bunch of it.  I won't - I don't think it has any value and have no faith that it's value will remain relevant; even though a lot of other people do and I'm the fool who should have bought.  So you can bet I sure as shit don't see value in your new me-too made-up currency!

(in before threadlock!)
View Quote
It has the value people are willing to put into it and assign to it, much as the US Dollar and other currencies do.

It's far too unstable to be anything beyond a speculator's game right now.  Perhaps in years to come it will be more useful once technical issues are ironed out and more stability is achieved.

Full disclosure, I have a fair amount of money in crypto currency, have for a number of years.  I won't recommend anyone "invest" anything into it though -- especially right now the market is very inflated due to a lot of idiots buying into it without understanding what they're doing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't look at crypto as investment - more of a gamble and I play with it with the full expectation of losing it all

I have done the mining thing (put in 40K out of pocket for miners, electricity and Misc stuff)
I have done the hosted cloud mining (using the coins generated from mining)
I have done the ICO thing (again using coins generated from mining)

sold 90% of my holding on the rise towards last halving in BTC at around the 600$ + range(got around 50K out, whished I had hung on another 6 months)

after playing in this space since mid 2013 and spending thousand upon thousands of hours on it (mostly enjoying myself tinkering with machines and following the developments)

I am a bit tired of it at this point but my current strategy has been to put 100$ into BTC and ETH alternating between the two every other week regardless of price.  I plan to do this 100$ a week expenditure for the next five years and see what happens.  I can afford the loss and will just shrug it off but would love to have the big win

EDIT: to anyone just starting out in this crazy game please note that it is the wild west and full of sleezy snake oil salesmen, spend the time and do the research on what your getting into
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:02:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
No more referral
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top