Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 1:32:06 PM EDT
My partner and I have been doing everything we can to support our men and women in uniform.
We have agonized over the following but due to price increases we have no control over, we have to raise the price. We will continue to work even harder in effort to support those who need us. Sorry that we cannot do more.

C Products, LLC
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Are these M16 or M9 mags?
Both guys on my fire team are going back over, and a buddy I deployed with is training with a nother unit in OK to go to Afganistan and it might be a good Christmas present.
And of course if I volunteer to deploy with another unit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:58:45 AM EDT
[#2]
They are M16 magazines. If I can help. let me know
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Would you be willing to give the same price to family members who are purchasing for their deployed relatives? I've got a brother who was just deployed to Iraq. He posts on this board as well, but I was just checking to see if I could buy them for him in the event he needs good mags. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Please call me. We will take care of him
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
What unit is having that problem?  

Marines units are spending millions and millions of dollars to buy new (often COTS) gear prior to deploying.  Most units are also spending the 30 dollars per for 7 HKs per Marine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Marines units are spending millions and millions of dollars to buy new (often COTS) gear prior to deploying.  Most units are also spending the 30 dollars per for 7 HKs per Marine.

Yeah, I am getting all the HK mags I want class IX with no problems.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:50:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Goddamn, must be nice.  

Our unit got like 5,000 regular regular mags with the green followers.

I said screw that and got black teflon coated ones (to match the 16 ) as well as the magpul upgraded/enhanced followers.

One of the guys in my unit, his brother in law works for Diamondback Tactical and is pretty high up in the company.  He got the guy some weighted HK mags.....he let me play with one for a bit one night.  Those fuckin things are nice as hell!  Welded construction, no seams....spring/follower were smooth as a baby's bottom.  Damn.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got an NSN for those

I will see if I can get the mags since I wasent allowed to get anything else, including ammo pouces and surefires.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]
H&K High Reliability Magazine (Steel)=1005-99-126-9781
H&K High Reliability Maritime Magazine (Steel)=1005-01-520-5992
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Brownells just sent my order of six magazines to my son in Asadabad, Aghanistan. The "USGI" magazines he was issued by the USMC are breaking. He is using duct tape to hold them together since they don't have any replacements to issue. This will be a true test for these magazines (if they reach him in time).

82nd,
This is the e-mail that triggered our response. We have been hearing that kind of message from others. I know from other posts there have been many similiar complaints. We have helped many with our message and will continue to do so as long as we are needed.

CP
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#12]
first trip i got 7 NIW colt mags with black followers. old stock.

second trip i got new green follower mags and i had my wife send me some 20's from my stash for use off the bipod. i have not yet used any HK mags but i have heard nothing but praises from my friends on the line.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Also, 7 mags ain't a lot to go with. I would prefer 10-14 mags. Problem is that some supply guy somewhere in the system often has the last word.

Great offer here.
Thank you.

SCOUTS OUT
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#14]
like it or not 7 mags is what they consider as an issue.     as far as units getting or not gettin mags it seems to be pretty hit and miss as far as weapons related items getting delievered. Sometimes i get stuff i order (im the armorer) and sometimes i dont.      I ordered a bunch of mags, they nevr came, but we got 800 as rfi, so go figure.

last year a bunch of you got together and made a huge purchase of 9mm mags and sent them to me to distribute to my guys, and i still thank you for the, im sure it saved lives.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
That's a good point.  When I deployed, supply had a couple crates of mags, but would only issue them as replacements.  He didn't hoard them like they were gold at least.  He gave me a complete set once because I had some rounds pop out of a mag in my pouch and mentioned that they were doing that lately.  He handed me one still in the box and said to just trash the old ones.

A very big problem though is with M9 pistol mags.  The majority of the issue ones are made by Checkmate.  Total junk. Old, beat up Beretta ones worked better than brand new Checkmates.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Taggage for when I get back to Germany tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#17]
thanks for taking care of our troops.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Checkmate 9mm mags. Will fuction much better if you replace the spring with a chrome silicon 9mm spring. We worked with 10th Mountain Division at Drum last year on that problem. It seemed to help.

CP
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Is the standard military procedure to try and save your mags in a firefight?  It seems like it would be much much faster to just drop it and put it in a new one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is the standard military procedure to try and save your mags in a firefight?  It seems like it would be much much faster to just drop it and put it in a new one.[/quote

definitly save the mags IF you can, oft times its hard, and or a long time beofre i can get an order of mags in.. We have been trying to beat this into our new guys, who thought they should just empty a mag and pitch it while we were at jrtc this summer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Getting them with no probs here in germany also. Using our deployment fund code helps too.
Deploying in another 7-10 days. OIF again.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Is the standard military procedure to try and save your mags in a firefight?  It seems like it would be much much faster to just drop it and put it in a new one.

Often times you might have another box or to of rounds in the Humvee. Now what happens when you are from from the base, have already dumped some of your mags in one fight, and another pops up? Now you've got plenty of ammo, but not enough mags.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Brownells just sent my order of six magazines to my son in Asadabad, Aghanistan. The "USGI" magazines he was issued by the USMC are breaking. He is using duct tape to hold them together since they don't have any replacements to issue. This will be a true test for these magazines (if they reach him in time).

82nd,
This is the e-mail that triggered our response. We have been hearing that kind of message from others. I know from other posts there have been many similiar complaints. We have helped many with our message and will continue to do so as long as we are needed.

CP

Please post or IM feedback on the mags from Brownells.  The ones I have seen are pure crap.  I hope yours work better.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
like it or not 7 mags is what they consider as an issue.     as far as units getting or not gettin mags it seems to be pretty hit and miss as far as weapons related items getting delievered. Sometimes i get stuff i order (im the armorer) and sometimes i dont.      I ordered a bunch of mags, they nevr came, but we got 800 as rfi, so go figure.

last year a bunch of you got together and made a huge purchase of 9mm mags and sent them to me to distribute to my guys, and i still thank you for the, im sure it saved lives.

Are you back in Iraq, or still in the states? I recall your posts about the supply situation there, and it was a sad situation indeed, when you had to ask us for mags/supplies. But I was glad to help out there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#25]
UPDATE: The US Military/Law Enforcement price has been raised to $8.90 due to increased cost from material vendors. I know Larry rather well and he would want nothing more than to avoid this but they had little choice in the matter.  Larry will be in here shortly to elaborate.

Take care and have a pleasant weekend.

Thank you.

Justin
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#26]
The Brownells magazines arrived in time and worked well. My son "marked" them so others would not borrow his to replace theirs.  He used these and commented that they were more reliable than his rifle. He was excited to retire his duct taped magazines.  He will be purchasing more magazines and floor plates before he goes to Iraq.  The floorplate of one "USGI" magazine fell apart in a firefight and he made a stripper clip into a floorplate replacement with duct tape holding it in place (when he got back to Asadabad).  

Thanks Brownells!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Pull out a new mag, bring it up to the old one one, hit mag release, grab it with same hand, insert new mag. You can then put it in your drop pouch or clip it to a carabiner on your vest with a mag-pul or duct tape and 550 cord. It is very quick. The only time you leave a mag is if you have constant jamming problems. Even then I drop it in the dump pouch.

Situation dictates, you micht drop it on the ground, but you come back to pick it up if at all possible. When you only have 6 mags, and you can't even load 30 rounds in each mag, every one counts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Gotta save em, your ammo resupply will come fast but will not ahve mags with it.

In training a lot of guys used the "down the t-shirt" method, but once they started wearing IBA that didn't work anymore.....usually cargo pockets are used.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top