BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I read that bit about the grill & smoker reviews. Interesting stuff.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I swear do some of you even fucking bother reading what I take THE TIME TO POST???????

Thanks to Tom and Ghostfly.

I read that bit about the grill & smoker reviews. Interesting stuff.

Those Kamado's are the shit. That was a 3 post side track.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Is everyone paid up?  If not lets get that finalized before the draft.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

you sooo grumpy these days, they make you a MOD!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I swear do some of you even fucking bother reading what I take THE TIME TO POST???????

He always sounds like that. It's "just how he is."

I'm fuming about Jordy's ACL tear. He was always my go to keeper.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, the other league is pissing me off. No one wants to take personal responsibility. I guess it carried over to here
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Please let us all know which player(s) DaddyFungus is going to keep.

Draft prep, man!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure if we just list them here... but  I will be keeping.

AJ Green (WR-CIN)- $33
TY Hilton (WR-IND)- $20

Got it. You have the right (option) to change these before 9.1.2015
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AJ Green (WR-CIN)- $33

TY Hilton (WR-IND)- $20

Both players are bargain values. Good picks.

It's nice to see the new guy gets it.

Are we sure this isn't Bryan's troll account yet?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AJ Green (WR-CIN)- $33
TY Hilton (WR-IND)- $20

Never thought of that. I'm gonna ban trades between the two of them  

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Payment sent for myself and Maverick's Top Guns
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#16]
REMINDER: ALL OWNERS MUST BE PAID BEFORE THE DRAFT!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The Corleone FamilyPAID

DaddyFungus PAID

GhostFly's PAID

Empire PAID

I Touchdown There PAID

Bruins PAID

Maverick's Top Guns PAID

The Mighty Goblins

House of Tards

Deadly Dingleberries

View Quote

My bank told me you would receive my check by Friday 8/28. I'm not going to panic yet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Corleone FamilyPAID
DaddyFungus PAID
GhostFly's PAID
Empire PAID
I Touchdown There PAID
Bruins PAID
Maverick's Top Guns PAID
The Mighty Goblins PAID
House of Tards PAID

Deadly Dingleberries
View Quote

Oops..  Forgot about that.  I will pay tonight with paypal.

ETA: Payment sent
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#21]
UPDATE:

Ok I set keepers today and also added their updated auction price to the draft. You can go into Yahoo now and check your team. You should see your keepers (1 or 2 players) listed as active players.

Here is the updated budget. Remember 5.00 is added to last years auction price. That means if a player was drafted last year for 23.00 then it will cost 28.00 to keep him this year. If the player was not drafted last year and was picked up as a free agent during the season then the cost is 5.00 to keep him this year. (yes the bitch Wobblin gets the deal of the day with Odel Beckham at 5.00), that said, here you go...

Everyone Starts with a $200.00 Budget:

Corleone Family 2 keepers costing 18.00, Remaining Budget: $182.00
Ghostfly's Dolphins 2 keepers costing 64.00, Remaining Budget: $136.00
Empire 2 keepers costing 29.00, Remaining Budget: $171.00
I Touchdown There 1 keeper costing 8.00, Remaining Budget: $192.00
Mighty Goblins 2 keepers costing 21.00, Remaining Budget: $179.00
House of Tards 2 keepers costing 25.00, Remaining Budget: $175.00
Maverick's Top Guns 2 keepers costing 26.00, Remaining Budget: $174.00
Deadly Dingleberries 2 keepers costing 72.00, Remaining Budget: $128.00
HUDS 2 keepers costing 25.00, Remaining Budget: $175.00
Juicebox Smash 2 keepers costing 53.00, Remaining Budget: $147.00

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn it! Gobbler has Randall Cobb as his other keeper? For $16? $21 for the pair, and two top 10 (top 5?) PPR guys at that?

FML

Barring unforeseen tragedy, those two are going to be his keepers for a loooong time.

ETA - which one of you is Juicebox Smash and what roster did you inherit that didn't have any keeper-worthy players on it?

ETA2 - I see that Juicebox has a reduced budget but no keepers set on the league page. Commish!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#23]
OBJ for $5? Wow...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Worse part was I traded him to Wobblin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Damn it! Gobbler has Randall Cobb as his other keeper? For $16? $21 for the pair, and two top 10 (top 5?) PPR guys at that?

FML

Barring unforeseen tragedy, those two are going to be his keepers for a loooong time.

ETA - which one of you is Juicebox Smash and what roster did you inherit that didn't have any keeper-worthy players on it?

ETA2 - I see that Juicebox has a reduced budget but no keepers set on the league page. Commish!
View Quote

They are there. I had to assign them for his team manually. So they won't show up until the auction starts.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#27]
REMINDER: DRAFT IS TONIGHT!!

7:30 PM EST.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

You guys are toast.

TOAST! I tell you.

Bryan, you can just make the check out to cash.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You guys are toast.

TOAST! I tell you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are toast.

TOAST! I tell you.

I see you started drinking a bit early  

With all the mediocrity surrounding this years draft IMHO it is going to be curious to see what values are assigned to certain players.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

With all the mediocrity surrounding this years draft IMHO it is going to be curious to see what values are assigned to certain players.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys are toast.

TOAST! I tell you.

I never stopped drinking since the 2014 draft.

Where you see mediocrity, I see a surplus of comparable talent.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll take Ray Rice for $50 please...
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Deal of the Night: Andrew Luck for $27.

If you're simply looking at values, Tony Romo at $7 looks like the best bang for your buck. But look beyond the actual values for a second. When I snagged Andy at 11th overall, the only two QBs off the board were Rodgers and Big Ben (keeper). Romo was the 9th QB taken. When 8 out of 10 teams already have QBs, it's not surprising to land a Romo or Eli at that price. There aren't going to be any bidding wars when most teams already have their QB.

That's why I feel Luck was the best deal at $27 - not to mention he was also the #1 fantasy QB last year.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Post-draft roster review...

Corleone Family. Manning Bros. @ QB should be fine. Not impressed with RB corps but if Arian Foster returns for the second half of the season and Ingram continues to improve they might be enough for an early exit from the playoffs. Love Kelce. Mike Evans is a beast but the rest of the WRs are not. You do know this is a PPR league, right? Long shot for playoffs.

GhostFly's Dolphins. Taking the flyer on Mariota as your second QB is ballsy, but if he's a stud he could be a great keeper. Wilson is a good QB1. Decent RBs - Lacy's great, Forsett underrated and the others more than enough for bye-week duty. WR corps unimpressive. Another long shot for the playoffs.

Empire. Illegal roster. No kicker. $89. Romo/Stafford is great, especially considering the price. Excellent group of RBs. 3rd QB Bradford - drop for K? Decent PPR WR group, though nothing spectacular. Seahawks DST is nice. Larry Fitzgerald is like 50 years old. $89 Toss up for playoffs. $89.

I Touchdown There. Ben + Flacco is fine. Charles/Murray is awesome but exactly ZERO RB on bench, which might make bye weeks interesting and that's if they both stay healthy for the whole year. Beat me to Delanie Walker while I was laughing about the suggestions for renaming Empire. Walker is the best fantasy asset in Tennessee, that's for sure. Julio is nice but the rest of the WR here is not so exciting. 50/50 for playoffs if both RBs stay healthy.

Mighty Goblins. Rodgers. Cobb/OBJ. I like Morris in Washington. Andre Johnson could be in for a career year. If the starters stay healthy, this team is a serious contender. But with backups like Cam and Josh Brown, a couple of injuries could wreck this team. Favorite for a playoff spot.

House of Tards. Brady + Tannehill = two top ten QBs. Hyde/Martin/Latavius/Joique should be sufficient, probably should have paid more for a better RB1. Loaded at WR. Owen Daniels is the new Julius Thomas. Not sure this is a league champion team but should contend for a playoff spot.

Maverick's Top Guns. Andrew Luck is great, but no backup QB means someone's getting dropped to cover a bye week and an injury puts this team down. Good WRs. Love Olsen at TE. If Tevin Coleman becomes an every week starter this is a strong team. 50/50 for playoffs.

Deadly Dingleberries. Brees + Rivers is strong. Once Bell's suspension is over, this team will be hard to beat. Great starting WRs. Decent TE. Strong playoff contender.

H.U.D.S. Ryan + Kaep is shaky. WR corps may be best in league top to bottom. RBs are very strong too. Jimmy Graham! This team looks like a championship contender if the QB play is even close to adequate.

JuiceBox Smash. Bridgewater + Dalton may be weakest QB duo in the league. Scary thin at RB. Nice WRs, decent TE. Jordy Nelson? Good luck keeping him on your roster all year with the short bench in this league. Long shot for playoffs.

This 10-team thing is weird. So much good talent on the free agent/waiver market. If your stud goes down, you'd best hope you have a good waiver spot or that handcuff RB you need is going to be on another team. I'm looking at you, I Touchdown There. Once again I left auction dollars on the table and would have/could have/should have a better team than I do.

I'm happy with my team, but not exactly planning on how I'll spend my championship prize money yet.

Don't like my thoughts on your team? Tell us why I'm wrong.

$89
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I agree with your assessment of my team ( I Touchdown There ).  I sat on the sidelines too long last year looking for bargains and ended up spending all my cash on a ton of shitty players after the big names were gone.   This year I decided to go for broke on a few big names and just hope they stay healthy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Interesting analysis....

Couple of comments on my review

I am actually happy with my QB choices.  Bridgewater is a QB to watch this year.

I do wish I had paid to get a top tier RB, but I have 3 Tier 2 RBs that I am happy with.

I will keep Jordy till the end of the year (start with the end in mind) and I will make the playoffs.  

Overall, I am happy with my team.
View Quote

I agree on Bridgewater. He could easily be keeper-worthy next season.

Good luck keeping Jordy all year long. I tried that once and it didn't work out for me - but the talent wasn't quite Jordy's level so it was easier to cut my "keeper sleeper" when I needed to pick someone up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I posted this in the GD 2015 Fantasy Football thread but figured I'd post it here as well to get input from some folks whose skill level is known:

Dynasty league question:

Background:

Starting RBs are Lynch & Forte. Scoring is .6 PPR (5 rec = 3 points, no fractions)

Had handcuffs of Carey & Michael before this year's draft. Drafted Langford and Rawls to see how the RB situations shook out behind my starters. Final roster cuts were due prior to NFL 53-man roster deadline, so I had to make the call...

Dropped Rawls (now RB3 in SEA behind an injured Turbin)

Dropped Carey (kept Langford behind Forte)

Michael gets traded to DAL, so now I have no handcuff for Lynch - but I do have some talent in DAL behind that awesome O-line.

My two other RBs are McKinnon and Duke Johnson.

GMs that own Peterson (likely trade partner for McKinnon), Randle (likely trade candidate for Michael), and Crowell (likely trade partner for Johnson) have nothing I want.

The question:

Would you drop McKinnon, Micheal or Johnson to add Rawls or stick with what I've got and test your luck on the waiver wire if Lynch gets hurt?

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 2:47:26 AM EDT
[#40]
I am very happy with my team. I wish I would have gotten a better QB though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#41]
I am satisfied with my team considering I wasn't able to participate in the draft.   I fiddled with a lot of the values to try and target what I needed.  It turned out better than expected considering I had over $70 tied up in keepers.    

Happy with Dez and Megatron.  I've heard a lot of people talking about Calvin Johnson having a down year, but I will gladly take him as a WR2..  

Hopefully Charles Johnson continues to get looks from Bridgewater.  Also hoping that McFadden does something... Anything.  I've heard that they will give him a chance.   If so, my flex spot looks ok.. I am a little worried there though.

Overall, I think the computer probably did a better job than I would have even though I changed a lot of the values.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Now THAT is how I like  to start a fantasy football season.

QB with 4 TDs and a WR with a garbage time TD - GARBAGE TIME IS BEST TIME TO SCORE!

I'm facing Edelman in this league, but in another I started Brady+Brown+Edelman.

And how about Gronkowski, eh? Holy shit did he have a huge night or what?

DeAngelo Williams looked great, but got vultured at the goal line. Wheaton looked pretty good, too. The Steelers kind of blew it last night.

Trivia question of the day: When was the last time a place kicker started the season with two misses and finished the season employed?

I don't know the answer, but I'd bet $1 on NEVER.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah it was an interesting opener for sure...  Definitely would have been nice to see DeAngelo get more of an opportunity to finish drives.  However, I will gladly take 14 points from him as a plug and play until Bell is back.  I've had him on teams in the past when he was the starter and 14 points was a rarity...

He will probably be a good handcuff to hang onto as well.  Just a couple more catches could have made a big difference as well.  

Brown?  Par for the course... Always finds a way to get points.  Gronk?   Should always expect a high score, but you just hope the 3 TD day doesn't happen on the week you are against him.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Yeah... the Gronk/Brady combo I'm up against this week took the thunder out of Edelmans performance for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah it was an interesting opener for sure...  Definitely would have been nice to see DeAngelo get more of an opportunity to finish drives.  However, I will gladly take 14 points from him as a plug and play until Bell is back.  I've had him on teams in the past when he was the starter and 14 points was a rarity...

He will probably be a good handcuff to hang onto as well.  Just a couple more catches could have made a big difference as well.  

Brown?  Par for the course... Always finds a way to get points.  Gronk?   Should always expect a high score, but you just hope the 3 TD day doesn't happen on the week you are against him.

Yeah... the Gronk/Brady combo I'm up against this week took the thunder out of Edelmans performance for me.

You going to start a kicker this week?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lay off Tom. The guy has 89 million things on his mind.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow, just realized both my teams played Gronk this week. Talk about bad luck  
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wow, just realized both my teams played Gronk this week. Talk about bad luck  
View Quote

My team just flat out sucked this week...  And Dez got hurt again.  Off to a great start...
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:29:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Wow. Rough week.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top