Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 8:43:29 PM EDT
is there a point when your HD is X% full that you typically upgrade to a larger one?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually never upgrade hard drives, I just add more.  When I run out of room in the case, thasts when I start updrading the drives themselves.

Right now I am running one WD Raptor 76 gig 10,000 RPM drive for my linux and windows installs, and 4 seperate 400 gig drives for storage, so I got a while before I will need to updrade them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I just add another hard drive. I have so much space that I'll never run out. Just there if  I need it :)

-d
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never upgraded a drive for space reason, as i'm not  a pack rat, but I'll upgrade every 3 +- years for speed reasons.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]

I usually never upgrade hard drives, I just add more.  When I run out of room in the case, thasts when I start updrading the drives themselves.

+1 for me

I have so much space that I'll never run out.

-1 for me

Once you go digital video, it just eats up the space...even with some fair compression.  I just redid the drives in the Home Theater PC...from 620GB to 950GB.  Even then it's dumping off to one of the few TB+ boxes.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:00:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top