Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 4:43:31 PM EDT

My PC is about 5 years old. I want to restore it to factory default but I need the Gateway applications disc #2. On disc 1 of 2, near the I.D., it says "SWR APC APP SYS V4.8 R37 10/01    Does anyone have a disc #2 that I could borrow? I would gladly pay just to use it and of course all postage to me and back plus any extras.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#1]
call gateway.  they should be able to resend the cd's to you.    

or you can just borrow from a friend who has 98se or what ever OS you are using.  When it asks for the product key.  use the key for  your system.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
call gateway.  they should be able to resend the cd's to you.

Thanks Cruze- I already went that route with Gateway and theysaid they dont keep copies of discs on hand I found that kind of odd but it doesnt surprise me. I'll find one eventually.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#3]
i just re read your post.    the application cd has nothing to do with reloading the operating system( it just reloads  gateway's software  and drivers,   the drivers you can get from gateways website for free  ).  you should have a seperate cd that is labeled operating system.   or it might just be a win 98  cd.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top