Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:37:19 AM EDT
I was wondering what is the best photoshop program for someone who is just starting to get serious about photography. I will be soon be taking my first photography class on the way to majoring in photojournalism and would like a jump start on the programs. I am also on a college student budget. i know if you want the best you must pay full price but its just a bit much right now. I am definitly a beginner. Also, are there any good books out there that would help me learn the basics and then progress into much more advanced stuff. Technically i'm weak with my camera?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:44:35 AM EDT
visit the adobe website.

photoshop elements is 90% of photoshop, for a hundred bucks. it has everything a beginner could need, and is pretty deep for inexpensive software.

also, you can download it for trial for free.

do an amazon search for books by scott kelby. He is a photoshop guru, and his books are straightforward, and filled with great tips, shortcuts, etc, and he has a nice style.

get a copy of layers magazine if you can, they review all the books, software, everything photoshop and adobe
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:58:30 PM EDT
Google for GIMPshop. It's, uh, free.

Mmhmm. Open source.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:02:58 PM EDT
Paint shop pro is a good little program!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:31:38 PM EDT
suck it up and get the educational copy of Photoshop CS
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:08:18 PM EDT
Thanks for the advice, I will definitly look into the photoshop elements.

Like I said...still learning. Maybe when I get a little better I will post some of my work.

Top Top