Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 7:37:19 AM EDT
I was wondering what is the best photoshop program for someone who is just starting to get serious about photography. I will be soon be taking my first photography class on the way to majoring in photojournalism and would like a jump start on the programs. I am also on a college student budget. i know if you want the best you must pay full price but its just a bit much right now. I am definitly a beginner. Also, are there any good books out there that would help me learn the basics and then progress into much more advanced stuff. Technically i'm weak with my camera?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
visit the adobe website.

photoshop elements is 90% of photoshop, for a hundred bucks.  it has everything a beginner could need, and is pretty deep for inexpensive software.

also, you can download it for trial for free.

do an amazon search for books by scott kelby.  He is a photoshop guru, and his books are straightforward, and filled with great tips, shortcuts, etc, and he has a nice style.

get a copy of layers magazine if you can, they review all the books, software, everything photoshop and adobe
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Google for GIMPshop.  It's, uh, free.

Mmhmm.  Open source.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Paint shop pro is a good little program!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
suck it up and get the educational copy of Photoshop CS
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advice, I will definitly look into the photoshop elements.

Like I said...still learning. Maybe when I get a little better I will post some of my work.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top