Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2017 9:26:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good to me!  Better than I could do.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it will be OK for a sales ad,  but it does have a little bit of a dark and gloomy feel to it.  I actually prefer the white background for things like this.  I think the "light and bright" approach, displays better, so I flood them with light.  I wouldn't be afraid to get a little closer (or crop closer) to put more emphasis on the camera itself.  People love to see what they are buying.  

And here is my tip of the day.  Take the time to really clean the dust off before you do product photography.  Or it will end up looking like this.  
I thought I got most of it, but missed the area between the lens and hot shoe, and it's time consuming to photoshop out.

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Dust can be a real PITA, even more so with black subjects. When I was doing the firearms product photography thing, I would keep shop air handy to blow things clean, as well as a small 1" paint brush very lightly coated with CLP to brush/dust things off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 4:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks solid. Only nit I can pick is to my eye a little too much contrast and sharpening but that very well could be my screen.

Should do the job nicely.

I have been doing a lot of product/table top stuff lately and working on getting better at it. There is a lot more to it than what most would think.

There is cool series on Youtube about table top/product photography by Don Giannatti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ReM7dhZkc

This is a really nice video on shooting a liquor bottle with multiple light set ups and then compositing in post. Overkill for selling something on line but a pretty cool look at high end product photography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqa9pbsTJQ0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top