Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 4:21:12 AM EDT
Project Reality has turned out a pretty cool minimod for BF2.
The weapons are a lot more deadly, the interface is greatly simplified (you dont know how much health or ammo in your mag you have, just the number of mags remaining and your sprint bar), and they added a bunch of cool features such as both HEAT and AP/Sabot rounds for the tanks and fighting vehicles.  They removed the crosshairs except for when you're zoomed in, etc.

And by the weapons being a lot more deadly, I can take out a crowd of 3-4 guys with the M203, or blast a dude with 2-3 shots from the M16.  

Give it a shot, but there arent too many servers playing it, so I play a lot of single player against the computer.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Project Reality has turned out a pretty cool minimod for BF2.
The weapons are a lot more deadly, the interface is greatly simplified (you dont know how much health or ammo in your mag you have, just the number of mags remaining and your sprint bar), and they added a bunch of cool features such as both HEAT and AP/Sabot rounds for the tanks and fighting vehicles.  They removed the crosshairs except for when you're zoomed in, etc.

And by the weapons being a lot more deadly, I can take out a crowd of 3-4 guys with the M203, or blast a dude with 2-3 shots from the M16.  

Give it a shot, but there arent too many servers playing it, so I play a lot of single player against the computer.

Kharn

If it doesn't help with rank, I aint interested.

The weapons are a bit unrealistic in BF2 and I wish they would fix that, but I do like the stats.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#2]
There is an alternative ranking system being developed, it works parallel to DICE's system, but is not compatible (in other words, one rank for BF2, one rank for all the mods).

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Once I get my last unlocks I could care less about rank or medals.

I've been on the project reality BF2 site for about 2-3 months now and it looks like it will be nice once they get the full conversion going, new vehicles and weapons.

This game can be so much more with mods, it's our responsibility to play these mods so as to send a message to EA that there is life outside of their cramped little plans for this game.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Any of you guys have problems with the correct kits showing up under USA or MEC? In game my screen shows random firearms and equipment under each kit regardless of team. Once I've selected a kit it will also show the order of weapons/equipment in the wrong order. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:43:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Search their forum for "hot fix", everyone needs to download it since it fixes those graphical errors.

ETA: Download the minimod here, then after installing the minimod, get the patch here, install the patch and you're all set.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I had the patch at the time that it wasn't working right, but I reinstalled and everything works correctly now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top