Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:

How did you spread democracy with all the fkn crashes? I got booted 4-5 times
View Quote

I’m not sure. Last night the super squad kuraki and I were on had no glitches whatsoever. The previous night Before it was comical how many crashes and problems we had.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:26:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#2]
Yeah it was a good round of missions the biggest glitch I had was when I crunched that bile titan on a drop and he collapsed on top of me.  But DirtDivision used the power of explosives to remove me by blowing me under ground and then back up onto land, somehow without killing me  I did play one more mission after we disbanded.  That game was brutal.  We were winning, doing fine, working together, and one guy just drops off.  5 minutes later another.  Then the third I saw go in the middle of a fire fight, he didn't "return to ship" he just disappeared as he was fighting.  So I tried to finish the mission alone, and as I'm heroically dodging the extraction rush thinking "this is awesome I wish someone could see it" and the shuttle comes down and I crash too  Damn it.

Finally got discord figured.  I swear to god I don't understand why voice comms are so overly complicated with these games.  Same problems as 10 years ago, it's silly.

When on PS5 comms, voice chat comes through my main speakers with the game sound, and I use the controller mic to talk.  This actually works pretty well, but SO MANY PS5 players leave their mic activation on VOX and don't use the mute button, that lots of people just turn voice chat off.  It's really rare I can answer an SOS and expect to be able to speak to more than 1 squad member.  It seems the majority of PC players are using discord, which mutes the PS5 voice chat to them.

On Discord, it plays the voice chat through the speaker on the controller, and it's way way too quiet to hear over the game sound on the speakers.  Can't use a bluetooth headset, especially noise cancelling because it won't combine the game and voice sound in them, voice stays on the controller speaker.  So I scrambled around and found some wired earbuds last night and plugged them into the controller which does consolidate game and voice sound.

It's just weird.

Also I learned you CAN TURN CROSSHAIRS ON ALL THE TIME.  Jesus Christ I'm level 46 I think?  And now I find that out?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:39:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#3]
OH!!!  @dirtdivision you were looking for scout armor?  I was going through the standard warbond because I need to buy to unlock the last page so I started back at the beginning to see if I wanted anything I hadn't bought yet, because I was basically buying the minimum to unlock the next set every step.

The very first page of the warbond for I think 3 medals is a really great armor we've probably all been sleeping on.  It's Scout and all the benefits, and it's light, but it's also 79 armor and a little hit to speed.  I used it on that mission I crashed from and I liked it a lot.  Check it out.  It's easily purchased by anyone and I just skipped right past it assuming anything that cost so little wouldn't be useful.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Those stupid flying bugs are a pain in the ass.  They made suicide difficulty a lot harder
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#5]
This

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:46:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#6]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
Those stupid flying bugs are a pain in the ass.  They made suicide difficulty a lot harder
View Quote

And the hives are so durable.  Apparently you can call a hellbomb down if you get close to them.  Otherwise you have to expend a rather significant amount of ordinance to eliminate them.

ETA: We need an Eagle 1000kg bomb
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#7]

How many makers do you get?

I'd litter every few feet
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

View Quote

Infinite until your squad gets sick of hearing you announce you're dropping a pin and nukes you from orbit
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

Infinite until your squad gets sick of hearing you announce you're dropping a pin and nukes you from orbit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By craig24680:

So you're saying I can accomplish 2 goals with 1 armor set!

Sold!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
FYI Don't use any arc stuff. Per the developers, a lot of the crashes are due to the arc damage.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm randomly "losing connection" now during a good amount of missions. Very annoying.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I was playing quick play and dropped in on some kid. The other two guys in his ship were complete shit birds. They sniped my support weapons when they dropped. The kid was super receptive and didn’t know much about the game. I was able to show him some things. He was a level 6 and didn’t have much in the way of strategems and support items so I dropped him a shield backpack and grenade launcher. I saw kuraki dropping in when we were at extract. The two shit birds had left. So we waited on kuraki and let him get some cheap XP points.

We ran a challenging level mission with him and we’re able to show him more tips and trips into kuraki had to leave.

It felt good to show someone how to play a little better.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:
I was playing quick play and dropped in on some kid. The other two guys in his ship were complete shit birds. They sniped my support weapons when they dropped. The kid was super receptive and didn’t know much about the game. I was able to show him some things. He was a level 6 and didn’t have much in the way of strategems and support items so I dropped him a shield backpack and grenade launcher. I saw kuraki dropping in when we were at extract. The two shit birds had left. So we waited on kuraki and let him get some cheap XP points.

We ran a challenging level mission with him and we’re able to show him more tips and trips into kuraki had to leave.

It felt good to show someone how to play a little better.
View Quote

It does. I dropped in last night to try and get the daily (and then completely forgot for three missions to ever drop the stupid rockets).

Had a level 2 on his second game join up and we ended up running three or so missions. He was on a mic so it helped a lot.

I had someone do that for me when I first started, it feels good to help someone out like that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Last night I was trying to get my personal order done. "10 kills with the EAT-17". I shot chargers in the face the whole mission. Not a single one died from my rockets.

Got back to the ship, and awarded me 15 medals for completing personal order.

LOL, this freaking game.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RottenPumpkin:
Last night I was trying to get my personal order done. "10 kills with the EAT-17". I shot chargers in the face the whole mission. Not a single one died from my rockets.

Got back to the ship, and awarded me 15 medals for completing personal order.

LOL, this freaking game.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure team kills count if you've damaged the thing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#16]
If anyone in your drop does the thing, everyone gets credit for most of the daily orders.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#18]
On the PC discord client, you can adjust the volume output so it will make the voice a little louder than the game audio.  Maybe you can do the same on PS discord?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#19]
@Inquisitive_Spaniard
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m doing my part!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#21]

And the hives are so durable.  Apparently you can call a hellbomb down if you get close to them.  Otherwise you have to expend a rather significant amount of ordinance to eliminate them.

ETA: We need an Eagle 1000kg bomb
View Quote

The orbital gas strike its great on eggs. I wonder if it works for the hives too?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#22]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

The orbital gas strike its great on eggs. I wonder if it works for the hives too?
View Quote

I've been keeping track how to destroy them from range because trying to get in there and set a hellbomb is miserable.

Shoulder Laser - under 200m range each tower takes just under a full cell of juice
Walker - 3 rockets per spire
EAT - 2 rockets per spire
Autocannon - will take them down unknown how many rounds
Recoiless - will take them down unknown how many rounds guessing 3 since EAT buff made it slightly stronger round for round than Recoiless

Walker is absolutely the easiest/fastest alone. 2 guys with EAT/Laser is quick too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:56:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#23]
For shrieker hive nests, have had great success with the Eagle Air Strike.
HELLDIVERS 2 | TESTING 15+ DIFFERENT WAYS TO DESTROY SHRIEKERS NEST ?? ??

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89zQN7_95WM
View Quote

I don't even want to get close enough to toss a stratagem marker

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

You wanna live forever, pussy!?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

This is not the spirit of freedom and democracy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#27]

I've been keeping track how to destroy them from range because trying to get in there and set a hellbomb is miserable.

Shoulder Laser - under 200m range each tower takes just under a full cell of juice
Walker - 3 rockets per spire
EAT - 2 rockets per spire
Autocannon - will take them down unknown how many rounds
Recoiless - will take them down unknown how many rounds guessing 3 since EAT buff made it slightly stronger round for round than Recoiless

Walker is absolutely the easiest/fastest alone. 2 guys with EAT/Laser is quick too.
View Quote

This is good to know because fuck shriekers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

No but I don't want to die from mosquitoes either.  At least crush me under a charger and 100 hunters so I can go out in a pile of hot brass and enemy corpses.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:29:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonKey153] [#29]

No but I don't want to die from mosquitoes either.  At least crush me under a charger and 100 hunters so I can go out in a pile of hot brass and enemy corpses.
View All Quotes

If you have a couple seconds notice on that, dropping an airstrike stratagem when you die is the most democratic way to go out.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:30:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#30]

View Quote
In general, running is a great strategy to avoid harm.  It's no big deal to hold a grenade in one's hand, or a pre-armed Eagle Airstrike, and go running headfirst into danger.  Just don't stop running...and ignore those three bile titans your idiot squad spawned.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#31]
subbed to thread

Have only had time for one quick session but up for some co op after I get a little better

I’m in this arfcom discord is this where you guys game or different one?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#32]
The Gatling sentry also works very well against the shriekers. It's basically an AA gun lol.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RonGonzo:
subbed to thread

Have only had time for one quick session but up for some co op after I get a little better

I’m in this arfcom discord is this where you guys game or different one?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457684/IMG_7792_jpeg-3169338.JPG
View Quote

ARFCOM has a discord? Whattttttt
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Crashes from Arc weapons have been fixed. Lets go!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
The Gatling sentry also works very well against the shriekers. It's basically an AA gun lol.
View Quote

Oh nice.  I was assuming they wouldn't since my rover will barely ever engage them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone down to kill some bots tonight for the new general order.  I’m looking on Reddit for the best load out for bots since I know it’s drastically different from bugs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:59:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#37]
Anyone down to kill some bots tonight for the new general order.  I’m looking on Reddit for the best load out for bots since I know it’s drastically different from bugs.
View Quote

It’s not so bad. Remember, shooting at them suppresses their fire

be on once I get back from LaCrosse. I’ll post up my friend code so you miserable fucks can join me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#38]
1073-7258
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I gotta drive to Massachusetts tomorrow so I’m taking the night off. Squish some bugs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:
I gotta drive to Massachusetts tomorrow so I'm taking the night off. Squish some bugs.
View Quote
We mostly killed robots tonight; getting shot with laser beams and rockets is inspiring.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#41]
man, the minefield daily brings out some interesting situations lol.

We had three of us running mines at the same time but W/O much communication. We had freakin mines everywhere, people calling down reinforcements into the middle of the minefield, bug corpses bouncing all over the minefields, it was awesome.

Then we seeded the extract so hard we almost didnt make it to the pelican. Good times
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By notso:
man, the minefield daily brings out some interesting situations lol.

We had three of us running mines at the same time but W/O much communication. We had freakin mines everywhere, people calling down reinforcements into the middle of the minefield, bug corpses bouncing all over the minefields, it was awesome.

Then we seeded the extract so hard we almost didnt make it to the pelican. Good times
View Quote

I love mines. It's the danger that keeps me warm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:54:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#43]
My biggest problem with bots is the need for accurate shot placement but all of the sights on the weapons fucking suck.  The liberator penetrators is fucking horrible, also the zoom in feature needs some tuning.  Should be more like fornite.

You can’t pop out and shoot accurately with a shitty overdone reticle in your face and this inability to kill them causes you to get overwhelmed.

I use mostly 3rd person aiming in the bugs cause shot placement isn’t too big a deal except on heavies.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#44]
I throw mines on bug breaches. It’s fun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:47:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#45]
My biggest problem with bots is the need for accurate shot placement but all of the sights on the weapons fucking suck.  The liberator penetrators is fucking horrible, also the zoom in feature needs some tuning.  Should be more like fornite.

You can’t pop out and shoot accurately with a shitty overdone reticle in your face and this inability to kill them causes you to get overwhelmed.

I use mostly 3rd person aiming in the bugs cause shot placement isn’t too big a deal except on heavies.
View Quote

That's one nice thing about the Sickle.  Best scope in the game.  Just a fine crosshair and none of the fluorescent 3rd grader doodle ideas of "future reticle" bullshit.  My biggest gripe about the anti-material rifle is that stupid distracting optic.

I really miss the old days of PC gaming where you could just go into a file directory and swap in your own .bmp for a reticle/aiming point

ETA: I just learned at like level 48 you can turn the reticles to "always on"  I'm like "how are these guys on tiktok hip shooting Berserkers in the face with the revolver"
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I throw mines on bugs. It's like a spicy Mardi Gras parade!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I was on suicide mission and threw a mine filed on a big breach. You ain’t lying. Lmao. Shit was just flying ever
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#48]

That's one nice thing about the Sickle.  Best scope in the game.  Just a fine crosshair and none of the fluorescent 3rd grader doodle ideas of "future reticle" bullshit.  My biggest gripe about the anti-material rifle is that stupid distracting optic.

I really miss the old days of PC gaming where you could just go into a file directory and swap in your own .bmp for a reticle/aiming point

ETA: I just learned at like level 48 you can turn the reticles to "always on"  I'm like "how are these guys on tiktok hip shooting Berserkers in the face with the revolver"
View Quote

I remember doing that on CSS waaaay back in the day... Always looking for the coolest looking weapon skins... Good times.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Right click, save as.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top