Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Guido2006:
guido2006.

Friend code: #8532-0669
View Quote

added
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I've added everyone who posted a number. Mine is 5843-1336.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#4]
This game loves crashing at the end of missions on ps5.  makes collecting samples a bitch.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
This game loves crashing at the end of missions on ps5.  makes collecting samples a bitch.
View Quote

For me it's during transitions between ship/world.  Pissed me off last night because I was in a great squad after hopping through a bunch of shitty ones.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 4:04:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nate1213VA] [#6]
PS5 - nate1213 - #0377-2757
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Been fun so far, with the upcoming additions it's probably only going to get better. I wonder how long before they add playable aircraft?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Played my first mission on suicide.  Had a good random squad. I didnt die any so thats a plus. Light armor, being sneaky and shield bubble seem to be a must at that level though 2 of the guys where using the laser drone.

I like to carry a rail gun and the rail oribital to take out the bigs. The bubble gives me protection from the smalls while I keep my focus on taking out the bigs. shoot,  reload while moving then firing again.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 4:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#9]
I got the laser drone yesterday and I don't think I can live without it now.  If nothing else it helps with situational awareness so much.  Basically like having a dog pointing for you.  Plus it doesn't seem to aggro mobs to the same degree a load of incendiary buckshot does
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
I got the laser drone yesterday and I don't think I can live without it now.  If nothing else it helps with situational awareness so much.  Basically like having a dog pointing for you.  Plus it doesn't seem to aggro mobs to the same degree a load of incendiary buckshot does
View Quote

You gotta watch out for the drone laser. I’m not allowed to use it anymore due to friendly fire incidents……..
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Haha yeah I burned myself a few times but I haven't really gotten anyone else yet.  Try to keep my distance anyway.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Haha yeah I burned myself a few times but I haven't really gotten anyone else yet.  Try to keep my distance anyway.
View Quote

had to wash my dogs off when you popped in. im back on now trying to figure out a way to chat since this game puts all audio through through the speakers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Solo'd a few Suicide(7) missions today to farm Super Samples. It's actually pretty easy now after some practice; the hardest part is getting swarmed during evac.

Sometimes, no matter what I do during the mission, there will be absolutely nothing when I evac which is nice. Most of the time however, way too many enemies. I drop the samples purposely by the shuttle spot then go run around and kite all the enemies away. Only a few more Ship Modules to unlock!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:51:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#14]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

had to wash my dogs off when you popped in. im back on now trying to figure out a way to chat since this game puts all audio through through the speakers.
View Quote

Am I annoying to play with? Like is my mic clicking all the time or something?  It's weird all weekend every squad I joined just clicked and worked together. I changed my comm from mute to PTT and bound to triangle thinking that quick swapping weapons wouldn't be enough to make noise.

But tonight I just couldn't find a squad that clicked no matter what I did until you showed up. I answered an sos and wound up with 3 guys much higher level doing an extreme mission and think they really needed a 4th, but we cleared that map, 5 star all the points more samples than I've ever seen, half of them from me, and back on the ship they kicked me

I don't want to be that guy so please tell me and I'll figure out a different binding.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:55:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Solo'd a few Suicide(7) missions today to farm Super Samples. It's actually pretty easy now after some practice; the hardest part is getting swarmed during evac.

Sometimes, no matter what I do during the mission, there will be absolutely nothing when I evac which is nice. Most of the time however, way too many enemies. I drop the samples purposely by the shuttle spot then go run around and kite all the enemies away. Only a few more Ship Modules to unlock!
View Quote

Do you run with light armor so you can out run stuff?  I feel like I'm back playing Everquest as a druid and kiting the bad guys sometimes
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Do you run with light armor so you can out run stuff?  I feel like I'm back playing Everquest as a druid and kiting the bad guys sometimes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, specifically the Trailblazer Scout armor. And that's exactly the easiest way to beat missions right now; just run from objective to objective. Bug breach? Run away. Bot drop? Run away.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:08:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#17]

Am I annoying to play with? Like is my mic clicking all the time or something?  It's weird all weekend every squad I joined just clicked and worked together. I changed my comm from mute to PTT and bound to triangle thinking that quick swapping weapons wouldn't be enough to make noise.

But tonight I just couldn't find a squad that clicked no matter what I did until you showed up. I answered an sos and wound up with 3 guys much higher level doing an extreme mission and think they really needed a 4th, but we cleared that map, 5 star all the points more samples than I've ever seen, half of them from me, and back on the ship they kicked me

I don't want to be that guy so please tell me and I'll figure out a different binding.
View Quote

I cant hear anyone.  I have the chat audio turned all the way down since they didnt add an option to have to voice audio through headphones and chat through the earphones.  I usually char through the ps5 chat.  

We were playing on suicide so people tend to stick together more since it pretty much endless waves of bugs if they get alerted.  The xp bonus is worth it though. Plus you cant find pink samples on any difficulty below suicide either, which you need on most of the 3 tier ship upgrades.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:10:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#18]
Yeah, specifically the Trailblazer Scout armor. And that's exactly the easiest way to beat missions right now; just run from objective to objective. Bug breach? Run away. Bot drop? Run away.
View Quote

Thats what I aim for too.  If you dont run and play stealthy you’ll never complete all the side objectives cause your stuck fighting the entire time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Thinking about getting this on PS5 since the only other game I play is GTA5 and that's to the point of being so dull it's not even funny.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
Thinking about getting this on PS5 since the only other game I play is GTA5 and that's to the point of being so dull it's not even funny.
View Quote

I don't know how long it will take to get old for me as it's essentially the same thing over and over.  But that "thing" is to work with your small group against overwhelming odds and after 30 seconds of basic training you get access to the kind of support weaponry entire MOSs are dedicated to directing (with sometimes predictable but funny results).  And it's just fucking fun.

From what I can see the developers plan to implement additional stuff and if they do that to keep it fresh I can see myself playing for a long time like I did Battlefield 3.

Though it's easily the buggiest Playstation game I've ever played.  Every day I get a game crash or server connection loss.  Hopefully they're working on that.  It isn't unbearable but it's annoying to be halfway into a mission with a great squad only to get a black screen and have to restart the game.  Maybe Starlink is doing that to me I don't know.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#21]

I don't know how long it will take to get old for me as it's essentially the same thing over and over.  But that "thing" is to work with your small group against overwhelming odds and after 30 seconds of basic training you get access to the kind of support weaponry entire MOSs are dedicated to directing (with sometimes predictable but funny results).  And it's just fucking fun.

From what I can see the developers plan to implement additional stuff and if they do that to keep it fresh I can see myself playing for a long time like I did Battlefield 3.

Though it's easily the buggiest Playstation game I've ever played.  Every day I get a game crash or server connection loss.  Hopefully they're working on that.  It isn't unbearable but it's annoying to be halfway into a mission with a great squad only to get a black screen and have to restart the game.  Maybe Starlink is doing that to me I don't know.
View Quote

I’ve had none of this problems on the ps5. The only issues I’ve had are when they guys in playing with on PC have a computer crash. Which happens often due to their settings.

A bug hunt over and over again with the same great group of guys never gets old. It’s more of a social hour for me.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:

I’ve had none of this problems on the ps5. The only issues I’ve had are when they guys in playing with on PC have a computer crash. Which happens often due to their settings.

A bug hunt over and over again with the same great group of guys never gets old. It’s more of a social hour for me.

View Quote

This is the first time I've gamed on Starlink so it could very well be me.  I've been on a nearly 10 year break from gaming all together and the last time I played I had a slow but extremely stable DSL line.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Solo, Helldive difficulty. Picked up just about every sample there was to collect on the map. 15 seconds away from the evacuation shuttle from landing, the game crashes to desktop.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Battlefield 3!?!? Damn I miss that game and series. BFBC 2 was a super fun game as well. It's a shame they ruined 2042.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Solo, Helldive difficulty. Picked up just about every sample there was to collect on the map. 15 seconds away from the evacuation shuttle from landing, the game crashes to desktop.

View Quote

How stressed were you on your way to exfil?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The first couple of times I did it definitely. However, I've learned that if I just keep running nothing will bother me on the bot missions. The "Bot Drops" will drop near me every so often but as long as I just keep running they never become an issue. Farm the civilian extraction mission on automaton planets. Basically just run around the outskirts from one POI to the next until the timer runs out and the shuttle gets automatically dispatched, then you can run straight for the shuttle. You'll fail the mission but get all the sample rewards.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#27]
if anyone is having crashing problems on ps5, boot the console in safe mode, then clear cache and rebuild database. Mines not crashed since I did that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:46:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#28]
Oh wow the new patch this morning, they nerfed the Railgun and Breaker like crazy!

Railgun is almost useless now except for a weak-spot hitter. It will always bounce off armor, specifically a Charger's leg armor, unless you put it on unsafe mode and charge it up until you almost die. It barely does any damage to Bile Titans now too. Breaker got a nerf to the magazine size and the recoil doubled.

They did buff a couple weapons like the Laser Cannon, Flamethrower, Punisher, and Breaker Spray & Pray though. Apparently the Laser Cannon is good for taking off Charger's armor now.

They also added new random environmental hazards like meteor storms and tornados Also fixed the armor values so heavy armor actually works now.

No more "mortar farm" for medals and XP anymore. On Helldive you now have to kill 500 enemies.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#29]
I just hit 20 this morning Woot woot. Also just picked up the JAR-5 Dominator which is basically a WH40k bolter and the spear.  I two shot 2 bile titans with the spear this morning, was so cool. Super fun game. The autocanon
is my jam, love that thing.   I'm usually on 4-6am weekdays and late in the evening fri&sat
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh wow the new patch this morning, they nerfed the Railgun and Breaker like crazy!

Railgun is almost useless now except for a weak-spot hitter. It will always bounce off armor, specifically a Charger's leg armor, unless you put it on unsafe mode and charge it up until you almost die. It barely does any damage to Bile Titans now too. Breaker got a nerf to the magazine size and the recoil doubled.

They did buff a couple weapons like the Laser Cannon, Flamethrower, Punisher, and Breaker Spray & Pray though. Apparently the Laser Cannon is good for taking off Charger's armor now.

They also added new random environmental hazards like meteor storms and tornados Also fixed the armor values so heavy armor actually works now.

No more "mortar farm" for medals and XP anymore. On Helldive you now have to kill 500 enemies.
View Quote

Ugh
Nerfing guns suck
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Meteors look pretty cool, another way to die for Democracy

They added Meteor Shower! | Helldivers 2

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Ugh
Nerfing guns suck
View Quote

Especially since it was the only one worth a shit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn, I was really looking forward to hitting level 20 and getting the rail gun tonight.  Now I guess I'll just buy the laser cannon.

When you guys say breaker "spray and pray" do you mean the incendiary?  I already love that gun but reducing capacity fucking suuuuuuuuuucks because I can barely keep green on ammo as it is without wasting a stratagem on a machine gun or stalwart.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn, I was really looking forward to hitting level 20 and getting the rail gun tonight.  Now I guess I'll just buy the laser cannon.

When you guys say breaker "spray and pray" do you mean the incendiary?  I already love that gun but reducing capacity fucking suuuuuuuuuucks because I can barely keep green on ammo as it is without wasting a stratagem on a machine gun or stalwart.
View Quote

I use(d) standard breaker
Best way to get out of 30 bugs on your ass
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
There's a literal gun in the base Warbond called SG-225SP Breaker Spray&Pray. It's on Page 9.

The SG-225IE Breaker Incendiary is a different unlock on Page 2 of the Steeled Veterans Warbond.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#36]
double tap
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#37]
There's a literal gun in the base Warbond called SG-225SP Breaker Spray&Pray. It's on Page 9.

The SG-225IE Breaker Incendiary is a different unlock on Page 2 of the Steeled Veterans Warbond.
View Quote

Gotcha.  Guess I didn't ever page down enough in the base warbond to see that.  

I don't understand the point of the Steeled Veterans Warbond.  It seems like it's there just to burn up warbonds for no tangible benefit.  Other than the Breaker Incendiary.  I spent enough to get that then went back to pecking away at base.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

I use(d) standard breaker
Best way to get out of 30 bugs on your ass
View Quote

Yup. Now I’ll have to find something else to use. Breaker was my jam.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Gotcha.  Guess I didn't ever page down enough in the base warbond to see that.  

I don't understand the point of the Steeled Veterans Warbond.  It seems like it's there just to burn up warbonds for no tangible benefit.  Other than the Breaker Incendiary.  I spent enough to get that then went back to pecking away at base.
View Quote
The Steeled Veterans Warbond is a "Premium Warbond". Basically "Premium Warbonds" are this game's version of a seasonal "Battle Pass" that you can purchase with cash or in-game credits. It's just an easy way for gaming companies to get more money out of customers, in addition to making the customers feel like there's another reason to play.

According to the official FAQ, there will be a new Premium Warbond release the second Thursday of every month. So we should expect a new one on the 14th next week.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Update sucks. Nerfing the only viable weapons was stupid Too many armored enemies to have so few guns to kill them with.  Seems the point now is to run around while dodging or shooting smalls until you can get a straagem to hopefully kill a couple of the 5 chargers on your ass.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't get why devs think the ONLY option to balance weapons is to nerf the shit that everyone is using instead of buffing the dogshit options that no one wants. It's baffling.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:51:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#42]
Originally Posted By ShOcKeRpb:
I don't get why devs think the ONLY option to balance weapons is to nerf the shit that everyone is using instead of buffing the dogshit options that no one wants. It's baffling.
View Quote

And they increased the heavy spawn rate.  I was on hard last night and it was still spawning 4-5 charges at a time, plus hordes of smalls.  I finally just quit since theres nothing viable to take down the heavys with.  This game was fun but they’ve turned it into another try hard sweat fest.  Apparently the game developers hate casuals.

i browsed some reddit threads and the player base is pissed, but then 2 of the developers are on their mocking them. I guess they resent their own success?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#43]
The devs telling people to get gud is hilarious to me. Oh well, the CEO put out a statement that they're all being reeducated so they're probably not going to communicate with anyone anymore sadly.

Anyway, there's a lot of content in the game's files that has not been released yet. There's a whole subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/HellDiversLeaks/) dedicated to these things and there's a lot of cool stuff in there. Some of the things:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#44]
New trailer just dropped for the next Warbond. Next thursday as expected.

Helldivers 2 - Warbond: Cutting Edge Trailer | PS5 & PC Games

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone feel like they did some stuff that wasn't in patch notes?

I was playing with 4 and struggling on Hard last night. More so than on Suicidal pre patch. It wasn't just because of breaker increased recoil...

Heavy spawns seems significantly increased. And drops in general. We were getting swarmed playing bots.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#46]
I went over to the bots last night.  Jesus Christ that's a different game.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#47]
If I could get a DM with the discord invite that would be cool.

Thrown_hammer on PS5.
I'll get my friend code next time i play.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#48]
New trailer just dropped for the next Warbond. Next thursday as expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ps--hQiSXA
View Quote

With them acting like asses and the way they’ve fucked the game up they can shove premium access up their asses after my current one expires.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#49]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:
Anyone feel like they did some stuff that wasn't in patch notes?

I was playing with 4 and struggling on Hard last night. More so than on Suicidal pre patch. It wasn't just because of breaker increased recoil...

Heavy spawns seems significantly increased. And drops in general. We were getting swarmed playing bots.
View Quote

Same here. Took the fun out of it for sure.  The armor sucks just as bad or worse.  Shield bubble respawns slower so if you get knocked down and swarmed you’re fucked and there’s no way to deal with the new insane amount of heavies that spawn since they nerfed the guns and increased heavy spawn rates.

I needed 300xp to get to level 31 when I started.  Got frustrated after an hour and cut it off.  Never finished a mission.  We were burning through respawns like mad. First time you get mobbed by bugs and it’s basically game over.  You can’t kill them all and you can’t escape.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I tried heavy armor last night against the bots thinking that if they fixed it, it would be ideal since they move slow but have significantly more ranged attacks.  It sure as hell didn't seem like I could take more damage than with the light armor but it absolutely made me slower - not just top speed but even the ability to accelerate (which is realistic, fine) but instead of being able to dive and sprint to get out of a scrum, it's like you're just too fat to move.

I guess that either the devs want the game play to be constantly kiting a train of enemies that can't be tanked at all, or there's more content coming that would satisfy that role.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top