User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:04:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ajek:

Dang.

I don't know if it's burnout or what, but I finished the game, wrapped up all unfinished quests, played through ch 1 on Hard, and have 0 desire to play the game anymore (between 115 and 120hrs of playtime).

But it's not just Rebirth. I haven't had any desire to play any video games in almost three weeks. The only thing crazier is how much other stuff I've gotten done in the time I normally would have spent gaming...
View Quote

I feel you. It's been a slog, not gonna lie. The combat challenges are fun, though.

Completing the side content really takes the energy out of me in Rebirth. My goal is to do it all, then replay only the story on Hard Mode so I can get a better feel for it.

ETA: I saw your edit. That's an interesting theory.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I feel you. It's been a slog, not gonna lie. The combat challenges are fun, though.

Completing the side content really takes the energy out of me in Rebirth. My goal is to do it all, then replay only the story on Hard Mode so I can get a better feel for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dang.

I don't know if it's burnout or what, but I finished the game, wrapped up all unfinished quests, played through ch 1 on Hard, and have 0 desire to play the game anymore (between 115 and 120hrs of playtime).

But it's not just Rebirth. I haven't had any desire to play any video games in almost three weeks. The only thing crazier is how much other stuff I've gotten done in the time I normally would have spent gaming...

I'm mostly done thinking/talking about it too. From what I've seen online, it seems like people are generally trying to overcomplicate things - especially with ideas that don't fit the obvious facts. I like my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

The only interesting idea I saw was (big spoilers, obviously):
Click To View Spoiler

I might come back at some point for the last combat challenges, but I don't feel like taking the time to figure out the materia loadouts myself. 10 consecutive battles is grueling, especially when you die on battle 9 or 10.

Maybe when there's a guide that lays out elemental and status attacks that need to be defended against.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:25:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#3]
Well, I had to quit going for the Platinum. The side games are UNFUN when you're trying to get the platinum achievement. It takes all joy from the game. The piano minigame finished me. I have to say, I don't think I enjoyed any minigames in Rebirth except the card game.

No point in playing it on hard or beating the challenges if there's no reward.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I had to quit going for the Platinum. The side games are UNFUN when you're trying to get the platinum achievement. It takes all joy from the game. The piano minigame finished me. I have to say, I don't think I enjoyed any minigames in Rebirth except the card game.

No point in playing it on hard or beating the challenges if there's no reward.
View Quote

I thought most of the minigames were okay to fun, but really sucked when trying to reach the top score.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:38:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#5]

I thought most of the minigames were okay to fun, but really sucked when trying to reach the top score.
View Quote

Yeah.

I put my PS5 on accessibility controller mode and had my wife control the left side of the piano controls and me the right. Took us 2 hours, but we couldn't do it (16800 out of 17400 that we needed).

When my kid got home (he's a gamer like me lol), I had him take over the left side and me the right and on our 4th try we got A rank (17750) on "Two Legs? Nothin' To It" and got the "Piano Virtuoso" achievement. It took me a total of 6 hours to get the Piano achievement. I have a headache now.

The max scores on the minigames suck unless you can cheese them. On 3D Brawler, you can use the pause cheat and breeze through it.

All I have left is the VR Simulator fights, beat all chapters on Hard Mode...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Square just published these behind the scenes videos. Lots of good stuff.

*Full of spoilers*

Shaping the World - Inside FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH - Episode 1 (Environment, Art and Music)

Friends of Fate - Inside FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH - Episode 2 (Scenario, Cutscenes and Story)

New Friends & Foes - Inside FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH - Episode 3 (Characters, Combat, Localization)

Voicing Icons - Inside FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH - Episode Four (English Voice Actors)
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Square just published these behind the scenes videos. Lots of good stuff.

*Full of spoilers*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ZYUQ1_jmQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIwkjac3MGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK8n-8IE8aQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDqZPi4759Y
View Quote

I saw those in my feed. I haven't seen them, yet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Just beat it. I think I get the ending?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
Just beat it. I think I get the ending?
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Yeah. What a journey.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:49:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#11]

Yeah. What a journey.
View Quote

I'll say, I'm pretty 50/50 on the way it ended. I want to do another playthrough just doing the main story with no side quest distractions. I think that really hurt my experience with this one.

I ABSOLUTELY hate multiverse stuff.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]

I'll say, I'm pretty 50/50 on the way it ended. I want to do another playthrough just doing the main story with no side quest distractions. I think that really hurt my experience with this one.

I ABSOLUTELY hate multiverse stuff.
View Quote

I only 100% the grasslands and mainlined the rest of it. I don't really like multiverse stuff but I'm ok with this right now I think. Still mulling it over in my head. I played the original when I was like 12 years old and the story is special to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#13]

I only 100% the grasslands and mainlined the rest of it. I don't really like multiverse stuff but I'm ok with this right now I think. Still mulling it over in my head. I played the original when I was like 12 years old and the story is special to me.
View Quote

I was 14 when I played the OG. It is my FAVORITE game. I've no-shit got about 300+ playthroughs of the OG game. The way multiverse has been implemented in this isn't bad, but I'm leery of where it's going.

Click To View Spoiler

Still, it was an awesome game. If you value your sanity, I don't recommend going for platinum.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#14]

I was 14 when I played the OG. It is my FAVORITE game. I've no-shit got about 300+ playthroughs of the OG game. The way multiverse has been implemented in this isn't bad, but I'm leery of where it's going.

Click To View Spoiler

Still, it was an awesome game. If you value your sanity, I don't recommend going for platinum.
View Quote

I'm definitely not doing that lol. Now we wait for #3.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm definitely not doing that lol. Now we wait for #3.
View Quote

I started a thread for that.
I think there's going to be a boom on YouTube for speculation videos for the next 6 months, then every few months some teasers from Square about the next installment. Until the announcement for Part 3 in about 2 years at the Sony Event for that year.

I'm hoping for an announcement soon for the PC version.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#16]

I only 100% the grasslands and mainlined the rest of it.
View Quote

My intention was not to 100% every area, but I had so much fun, it didn't feel like "work."
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:03:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#17]

My intention was not to 100% every area, but I had so much fun, it didn't feel like "work."
View Quote

Gongaga felt like that for me. Background music and the terrain was draining.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Gongaga's background music was probably my favorite. The terrain was only annoying for me for a small bit when I was trying to get to the last POI and I couldn't get to the mushroom that led to it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Gongaga's background music was probably my favorite. The terrain was only annoying for me for a small bit when I was trying to get to the last POI and I couldn't get to the mushroom that led to it.
View Quote

Gongaga's music sounded like Enya to me, but with bagpipes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Dang.

View Quote

This, same here.

Mines usually seasonal as far as I can tell. When fall hits, Im all in for the Buffalo Bills and gaming.

Then gaming through the winter.

Daylight savings hits and now there more light after work to get stuff done around the house, and then summer rolls around.

My gaming usually ends up falling on just crappy weather days from here on out till the fall
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top