Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The destination function is busted.  I've spent 45 minutes in Nibelheim and can't find my fucking house I'm on top of.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shagohod:
The destination function is busted.  I've spent 45 minutes in Nibelheim and can't find my fucking house I'm on top of.
View Quote

The intro Nibelheim or later in the game? I haven't reached it later in the game.

Did you walk to the door and see the "Triangle" button?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

The intro Nibelheim or later in the game? I haven't reached it later in the game.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Still in the prologue.  I figured it out finally.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Still in the prologue.  I figured it out finally.
View Quote

Okay.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't seem to switch party members out.  It won't let me bring in Tifa or Barrett.

Loving the game so far.  Still haven't been to the Mythril Cave or whatever it is in 2024.  Trying to 100% the Grasslands area.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't seem to switch party members out.  It won't let me bring in Tifa or Barrett.

Loving the game so far.  Still haven't been to the Mythril Cave or whatever it is in 2024.  Trying to 100% the Grasslands area.
View Quote

Go to combat settings.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

Go to combat settings.
View All Quotes

Go to combat settings.

Thanks!

I predominately used Cloud, Tifa, Aerith in Remake.  Red XXIII has some cool moves, but I've missed Tifa's staggering power.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I spent 8 hours 100%-ing the Grasslands.

I had to give up after 9 hours around Junon. I only need one more piece of intel.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:29:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#9]
I've literally been off the internet for the last 45ish days so I wouldn't get spoiled. I took a week off of work and did almost nothing but eat, sleep, and play FF7 Rebirth.

Finished the game at 95hrs last night. I didn't complete every side quest at the last chapter - I just wanted to finish the game. I estimate another 5-10 hours (at least) of sidequests (not counting what unlocks after completing the game).

My no-spoiler review:

This is likely my favorite game of all time. Just breathtakingly amazing.

Remake was a 10/10 for me, and Rebirth is significantly better in almost every respect. I can't imagine Part 3 improving over Rebirth the way Rebirth improves over Remake, but I can't wait to see them try.

Combat is insanely good and satisfying. Every character is great - they took the power of Yuffie in Intermission and brought every character up to that level. Synergy abilities are wicked cool.
The music is out of this world. Over 400 tracks, including some incredible unique songs that literally only play during a single minor sidequest.
The characters and worldbuilding are sublime.
The minigames are super fun.

I'm actually a little numb from thinking the game can't better after each chapter, and then the next chapter is even better. After the Grasslands (where I spent 10hrs), I thought the game peaked, but it just kept getting better.

I never intended to 100% the different zones, but the gameplay was just so much fun, I did it without trying.

Wow.

Edit: My "favorite" team was probably Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa, but I switched up all the time. Every combination was a blast to play. Though in a few circumstances it was beneficial to have a ranged team, I didn't find a combination that wasn't great.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ajek:
I've literally been off the internet for the last 45ish days so I wouldn't get spoiled. I took a week off of work and did almost nothing but eat, sleep, and play FF7 Rebirth.

Finished the game at 95hrs last night. I didn't complete every side quest at the last chapter - I just wanted to finish the game. I estimate another 5-10 hours (at least) of sidequests (not counting what unlocks after completing the game).

My no-spoiler review:

Remake was a 10/10 for me, and Rebirth is significantly better in almost every respect. I can't imagine Part 3 improving over Rebirth the way Rebirth improves over Remake, but I can't wait to see them try.

Combat is insanely good and satisfying. Every character is great - they took the power of Yuffie in Intermission and brought every character up to that level. Synergy abilities are wicked cool.
The music is out of this world. Over 400 tracks, including some incredible unique songs that literally only play during a single minor sidequest.

I'm actually a little numb from thinking the game can't better after each chapter, and then the next chapter is even better. After the Grasslands (where I spent 10hrs), I thought the game peaked, but it just kept getting better.

I never intended to 100% the different zones, but the gameplay was just so much fun, I did it without trying.

Wow.

Edit: My "favorite" team was probably Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa, but I switched up all the time. Every combination was a blast to play. Though in a few circumstances it was beneficial to have a ranged team, I didn't find a combination that wasn't great.
View Quote

Good to see you and nice review.  I thought you were locked or something with your long absence.

Did 95 hours just beat the game or did that platinum/100% it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#11]

My no-spoiler review:

Wow.

View Quote

I've basically settled on the same team. I'm at over 60 hours and about halfway.

This game is awesome, but for me, the side games are getting to be too much. I've nearly 100% each zone (all intel, card games and side quests except the protorelic stuff).
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:37:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#12]

Good to see you and nice review.  I thought you were locked or something with your long absence.

Did 95 hours just beat the game or did that platinum/100% it?
View Quote

Just beat the game. I took a quick glance at what it will take to platinum, and it will take a while. It starts with a play through on hard difficulty, but actually starts with a couple hours of grinding levels in the simulator.

For comparison with Remake: first play through was 55hrs, completing all side quests; Hard mode was about 40hrs (including grinding to prepare for hard mode); platinum/100%ing the game was another few hours, most of which was replaying ch 9 to see all the dresses.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#13]

I've basically settled on the same team. I'm at over 60 hours and about halfway.

This game is awesome, but for me, the side games are getting to be too much. I've nearly 100% each zone (all intel, card games and side quests except the protorelic stuff).
View Quote

It was kind of a weird experience: I wanted so badly to see what happened next in the story, but the side content was so much fun.

There are a few longer quest lines near the end that I skipped just to beat the game and see how the story ends.

I think I might recommend most people skip over a lot of the side stuff on first play through, or it’s too hard to experience the story.

I don’t know for sure, but I think the main story is around 35 hours. Adding an extra 65+ with side content, however good, makes the story hard to track - especially if you’re only playing an hour or two per day.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#14]

It was kind of a weird experience: I wanted so badly to see what happened next in the story, but the side content was so much fun.

There are a few longer quest lines near the end that I skipped just to beat the game and see how the story ends.

I think I might recommend most people skip over a lot of the side stuff on first play through, or it’s too hard to experience the story.

I don’t know for sure, but I think the main story is around 35 hours. Adding an extra 65+ with side content, however good, makes the story hard to track - especially if you’re only playing an hour or two per day.
View Quote

Yeah, I totally agree. If you do all of the side content, it's too large of a break between main story beats. I'm already planning a story only run on a harder difficulty(currently doing my first run on Dynamic), if it unlocks after beating the game.

I think it was 10 hours in the first zone doing side content, 8 in the next, then 6, 5 and 3 for the zones I've completed so far. The protorelic stuff takes hours on its own, so I'm saving that for endgame, if there is an endgame.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:48:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#15]

Yeah, I totally agree. If you do all of the side content, it's too large of a break between main story beats. I'm already planning a story only run on a harder difficulty(currently doing my first run on Dynamic), if it unlocks after beating the game.

I think it was 10 hours in the first zone doing side content, 8 in the next, then 6, 5 and 3 for the zones I've completed so far. The protorelic stuff takes hours on its own, so I'm saving that for endgame, if there is an endgame.
View All Quotes

Yes, hard mode unlocks after beating the game (it appears it's basically the same system as Remake with chapter select). I played on dynamic, too.

I took 10 hours in the first zone, and stopped keeping track after that. It felt like I went a little quicker in later zones, but I don't know - I really got lost in the world and had too much fun.

There is a point near the end of the game where you get a message about a point of no return (it'll be really obvious, story wise, what it is). You can return to finish any incomplete stuff then, if you want.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Are there any crucial materia that are permanently missable?

I know in Remake, the All and Elemental come to mind.  Hard would have been a lot more challenging without them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:01:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#17]
Are there any crucial materia that are permanently missable?

I know in Remake, the All and Elemental come to mind.  Hard would have been a lot more challenging without them.
View Quote

Nothing is permanently missable in Rebirth. Before the end, the world is completely open, and you can go anywhere and finish anything left undone.

Any weapons or such that you miss in chests are later sold by vendors.

Edit: some quest results aren't "perfect" for the purposes of 100%ing the game, and you can't change that until you get chapter select after beating the game.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Yes, hard mode unlocks after beating the game (it appears it's basically the same system as Remake with chapter select). I played on dynamic, too.

I took 10 hours in the first zone, and stopped keeping track after that. It felt like I went a little quicker in later zones, but I don't know - I really got lost in the world and had too much fun.

There is a point near the end of the game where you get a message about a point of no return (it'll be really obvious, story wise, what it is). You can return to finish any incomplete stuff then, if you want.
View Quote

The only reason I know the lengths is because I stream.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Click To View Spoiler

Need to vent.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Minor spoilers for an early event at Junon:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Click To View Spoiler

Need to vent.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#23]
I'll be honest I put the game on easy for a couple bosses.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I've only done it for one boss so far and one part of the mini games.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#25]

View All Quotes

It's pretty interesting to me the wide range of reactions to battle difficulty.

I don't want to be "that guy," but I (playing on Dynamic) never really had any particular trouble with any battles. I was challenged a few times and did die once near the end of the final boss, but the tools the characters have are insane in Rebirth. Being able to perfect block and avoid damage makes a huge difference in making the battles easier (and there's materia to make perfect blocking easier and more effective). I don't think I used any items other than some phoenix downs before you get revive materia.

I didn't even really game my materia much - mostly I had stuff equipped that I figured I'd want leveled for hard mode. Maybe that made a bigger difference than I realize though? For example, I had mp and hp up on every character (max bonus of +30% for each), and watching some others play, I noticed my hp was much higher than theirs at similar points in the story.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#26]

It's pretty interesting to me the wide range of reactions to battle difficulty.

I don't want to be "that guy," but I (playing on Dynamic) never really had any particular trouble with any battles. I was challenged a few times and did die once near the end of the final boss, but the tools the characters have are insane in Rebirth. Being able to perfect block and avoid damage makes a huge difference in making the battles easier (and there's materia to make perfect blocking easier and more effective). I don't think I used any items other than some phoenix downs before you get revive materia.

I didn't even really game my materia much - mostly I had stuff equipped that I figured I'd want leveled for hard mode. Maybe that made a bigger difference than I realize though? For example, I had mp and hp up on every character (max bonus of +30% for each), and watching some others play, I noticed my hp was much higher than theirs at similar points in the story.
View Quote

Even with the perfect block materia, I can't get the blocks off more than about 30% of the time. I'm terrible at the timing. I can't tell when to do it. It's the same problem for me in Elden ring. I can't get any parries at all in that game, so I quit playing it. I also play on Dynamic, except for the Boss I complained about.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Even with the perfect block materia, I can't get the blocks off more than about 30% of the time. I'm terrible at the timing. I can't tell when to do it. It's the same problem for me in Elden ring. I can't get any parries at all in that game, so I quit playing it. I also play on Dynamic, except for the Boss I complained about.
View Quote

I wouldn't parry at all in Elden Ring. Dodge everything.

For Rebirth I don't block at all. Using the magic that a boss is weak to will cause them to stagger fast.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#28]

For Rebirth I don't block at all. Using the magic that a boss is weak to will cause them to stagger fast.
View All Quotes

I couldn't parry in Elden Ring, either. I did take advantage of a 100% block build + spear for a while before it got nerfed, though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Interesting. Guess I'm just bad, then.

I don't use magic enough. I play like it's Remake and melee everything, but still assess everything.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Lol, I'm struggling with the second retro Fort Condor battle.

I'll catch you guys sooner or later.  Looking forward to them.  Boss battles have been easy this far.  I struggled with Rufus in Remake, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:37:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#31]

I don't use magic enough. I play like it's Remake and melee everything, but still assess everything.
View All Quotes

I almost never used magic, either (habit from hard mode Remake to save mp for healing). There are enough abilities with elemental attacks (Cloud's Firebolt Blade is crazy good against the vast majority of enemies - until you get to hard mode VR fights where they put enemies to specifically counter it) that I seldom used magic. Usually when I knew I would be up against foes strong against Cloud, I'd swap Tifa for Yuffie because she can attack with any element.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#32]

I'll catch you guys sooner or later.  Looking forward to them.  Boss battles have been easy this far.  I struggled with Rufus in Remake, so we'll see.
View Quote

The Fort Condor battles are much tougher (to me) in Rebirth. I attempted the first in hard mode and said fuck that!
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#33]

The Fort Condor battles are much tougher (to me) in Rebirth. I attempted the first in hard mode and said fuck that!
View All Quotes

As long as you had money, they were a joke in the first game.  Not really that way this go around!
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:31:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#34]

As long as you had money, they were a joke in the first game.  Not really that way this go around!
View Quote

Yeah the Ft Condor games in Rebirth are no joke. I rage quit the 4th, then went back and put it on easy to get it out of the way and beat it.

The protorelic quest chain was pretty good. I just finished it today.

I hit the point-of-no-return, I think, just a half hour ago at 89 hours. I did all of the intel and Queen's Gambit games. The only things I didn't finish were the Chocobo Booths (I think I'm only missing 4 in the whole world), one single side quest that I'm at the end of...
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
VR challenges
Click To View Spoiler

Maybe something elseClick To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#35]

Yeah the Ft Condor games in Rebirth are no joke. I rage quit the 4th, then went back and put it on easy to get it out of the way and beat it.

I hit the point-of-no-return, I think, just a half hour ago at 89 hours. I did all of the intel and Queen's Gambit games. The only things I didn't finish were the Chocobo Booths (I think I'm only missing 4 in the whole world), one single side quest that I'm at the end of...
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
VR challenges
Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
VR challenges
Click To View Spoiler

New Game+ spoiler (no story spoilers):

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#36]

New Game+ spoiler (no story spoilers):

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Some story spoilers (unless you played the OG game)

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:35:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#37]
View Quote

I happened to see the last 20 or so minutes of your last stream. If you don't mind, a few things I noticed (final battle spoilers):

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:52:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#38]

I happened to see the last 20 or so minutes of your last stream. If you don't mind, a few things I noticed (final battle spoilers):

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I appreciate that. Yeah, she didn't have any armor, accessories or materia equipped.

I'll try the whole fight again tomorrow.

Adrenaline on, adrenaline off, adrenaline on, adrenaline off took its toll on me and I was nauseous and had a headache lol. I had to take a break for the day.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#39]
I beat the game. Having that one character with actual equipment made the fight pretty easy.

Also, thanks to @Ajek for the advice about using Infinity's End. It made a big difference in DPS output for Cloud.

Ending SPOILERS
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#40]
I beat the game. Having that one character with actual equipment made the fight pretty easy.

Also, thanks to @Ajek for the advice about using Infinity's End. It made a big difference in DPS output for Cloud.

Ending SPOILERS
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Congrats

Massive spoilers:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#41]
i want a PS5 just for this game, im playing remake again on PC since im missing out on rebirth
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:34:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#42]

Congrats

Massive spoilers:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Congrats

Massive spoilers:

Click To View Spoiler

Yeah, I think I agree with your assessment. I need to rewatch Advent Children and play the other spinoffs.

Originally Posted By apierce918:
i want a PS5 just for this game, im playing remake again on PC since im missing out on rebirth

It's worth buying a PS5 for me, but I'm a big fan of FF7. I bought my PS5 just so I could play Intergrade.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:25:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#43]

Ending SPOILERS
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I had another thought about a certain part of this:

(Huge spoilers, obviously)

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#44]

I had another thought about a certain part of this:

(Huge spoilers, obviously)

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:14:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#45]
I did a video of me trying to get a better understanding of the ending. Thumbnail isn't a spoiler, but video contains spoilers.

Click To View Spoiler

Curious what the other guys who've beaten it think.

Click To View Spoiler

Hopefully, the issues/questions I have are in the next installment.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:29:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#46]
I did a video of me trying to get a better understanding of the ending. Thumbnail isn't a spoiler, but video contains spoilers.

Click To View Spoiler

Curious what the other guys who've beaten it think.

Click To View Spoiler

Hopefully, the issues/questions I have are in the next installment.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

ETA:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Click To View Spoiler

ETA:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Thanks! Yeah, I'll check those out!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#48]
bought a ps5
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:40:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#49]
bought a ps5
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I'm 5 achievements away from Platinum. Almost there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:01:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#50]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/TSdKDYc-50.gif
View All Quotes
bought a ps5

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/TSdKDYc-50.gif

Dang.

I don't know if it's burnout or what, but I finished the game, wrapped up all unfinished quests, played through ch 1 on Hard, and have 0 desire to play the game anymore (between 115 and 120hrs of playtime).

But it's not just Rebirth. I haven't had any desire to play any video games in almost three weeks. The only thing crazier is how much other stuff I've gotten done in the time I normally would have spent gaming...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top