BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  I'm AlaricCorrino.  I played a bit more yesterday and I am having fun now that things are starting to make more sense.  Got my Space Penguin upgraded with fixed laser repeaters plus upgraded shields/QD and I just qualified for some MHT bounties.
View Quote

I put 2x Suckerpunch XLs and an M6A on the nose of the space penguin on my pirate account and the thing just *eats* shields.

It takes some trigger discipline but it's a great build. Food for thought.

If you want to try before you buy friend up my pirate account (Lesko_Brandon) and ask when you see me online. Happy to loan it to you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I put 2x Suckerpunch XLs and an M6A on the nose of the space penguin on my pirate account and the thing just *eats* shields.

If you want to try before you buy friend up my pirate account (Lesko_Brandon) and ask when you see me online. Happy to loan it to you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks.  I'm AlaricCorrino.  I played a bit more yesterday and I am having fun now that things are starting to make more sense.  Got my Space Penguin upgraded with fixed laser repeaters plus upgraded shields/QD and I just qualified for some MHT bounties.

The Space Penguin is one of my more favorite ships to fly.  It's a true dog fighter.  I had fun yesterday in the Nine Tails with the Space Penguin.  Is there a way to figure out what killed you?  I was in the middle of the Nine Tails event and suddenly I got blown up.  No asteroids around, no missile locks...I suspect something really big "one shot" me.

If I can get on during a Nine Tails event I'd like to get some folks to man the turrets on my Connie T and see how she fairs in a space battle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Can someone shoot me the discord info?

I play quite a bit.  Have a few ships.  Don't really know what I'm doing yet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:22:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Could I get one/another as well, please?  The one sent via IM says it is invalid.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Could I get one/another as well, please?  The one sent via IM says it is invalid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are normally only good for a week.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a new PC around Black Friday and I just hadn't put Discord on it yet.  My older PC (probably 9 years old) just bogged down when I ran games with Discord on in the background so I didn't think to install it.  It's on now so I can accept the invites.

If you are disabled in space, is there anything you can do to salvage your ship?  I was mining and I was far too close to a rock that had overcharge when it split.  It tore right through my shields and destroyed my engines.  Just left me spinning and floating in the verse.  I suspect I could pop a beacon for rescue but my biggest concern is salvaging the ship.  I suspect at some point ships are going to have the ability to be repaired in space.  I noticed that my "Emergency Kit" was lit up in the ship even though I couldn't interact with it at all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I got a new PC around Black Friday and I just hadn't put Discord on it yet.  My older PC (probably 9 years old) just bogged down when I ran games with Discord on in the background so I didn't think to install it.  It's on now so I can accept the invites.

If you are disabled in space, is there anything you can do to salvage your ship?  I was mining and I was far too close to a rock that had overcharge when it split.  It tore right through my shields and destroyed my engines.  Just left me spinning and floating in the verse.  I suspect I could pop a beacon for rescue but my biggest concern is salvaging the ship.  I suspect at some point ships are going to have the ability to be repaired in space.  I noticed that my "Emergency Kit" was lit up in the ship even though I couldn't interact with it at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In space repairs are a future (not on the roadmap yet) game play.  There are ships for that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone want to try and coordinate a night to group up and lockdown JT?

I stocked up on armor, weapons and ammo so I can provide that for any of the newer players.  I’m also getting really good at the mining loop so I have plenty of cash to buy supplies if needed.

We could take in my Connie T for storage, bring one or 2 of the Deemers and the smaller ships dogfighting.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I stocked up on armor, weapons and ammo so I can provide that for any of the newer players.  I’m also getting really good at the mining loop so I have plenty of cash to buy supplies if needed.

We could take in my Connie T for storage, bring one or 2 of the Deemers and the smaller ships dogfighting.
View Quote

A fully crewed Redeemer is a rather impressive sight to see going hard at a target.  I'd bring mine for the giggles if that gets set up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A fully crewed Redeemer is a rather impressive sight to see going hard at a target.  I'd bring mine for the giggles if that gets set up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just took a look at the schedule.  Today was the last daily event.

There is a 48hour event scheduled for Friday 1/14 at 0:00 UTC.  Could anyone do next Friday, 1/14 at say 6, 7 or 8 CST?

I'm in if anyone else is in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Me and CEFPARTS were able to get 2 of those deaths tonight!

This game is so much more fun with some friends.  Looking forward to many more nights of random deaths.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#13]
CEF, here's the loadout I was talking about last night on the cutty.

This was in patch 3.15.  The ballistics would destroy PVE bounties but you will have to reload them likely between bounties.  I don't know that this loadout is the meta/OP anymore.  I think a lot of guys are taking laser cannons as they do more damage to shields.

That said, the other parts are probably still the best parts as far as shields, QT.  I think the Crossfield is one of the better QT drives as it strikes a nice balance between speed and being able to make multiple hops without refueling.  There are faster drives but if you cut your travel time from say 8 minutes to 5, you're still going to spend time hitting stations to get refueled.  I find with the Crossfield I can make any jump I want and then just refuel before I leave port again.

Cutlass Black Loadout
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This game is so much more fun with some friends.  Looking forward to many more nights of random deaths.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bwahhahaha! I tell you what, I'm gun shy now about trusting the plotting computer to get me around a planet now.
I was hauling my finished quantainium to market today and purposely picked out each individual OM to get me to the other side of Hurston to Lorville.

I had a blast with RBL and another friend last night.  Now if we can get together with SmilingBandit, MarcusTullius, Mithra45, Baron, and some others we could have a serious group playing!
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone been Space Roofied yet?

Evidently you can use the med gun to “heal” a player and the drugs knock them out because they are already healthy.

It doesn’t count as combat so you can do it on a space station and then loot their body.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Has anyone been Space Roofied yet?

Evidently you can use the med gun to “heal” a player and the drugs knock them out because they are already healthy.

It doesn’t count as combat so you can do it on a space station and then loot their body.
View Quote

That was only in PTU for 3.15.  It hasn't been a thing in the PU.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Just getting back on from being away, will be on most of the night. Discord: DISCIPLE_Wes#2361
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just getting back on from being away, will be on most of the night. Discord: DISCIPLE_Wes#2361
View Quote

Sorry, man.  I fell asleep last night.

The 2 nights last week staying up until 2:00 and 3:00 AM playing killed me.  I'm getting old!  I'm only 42!

Just asking again if there's any interest in doing a board run at JT this Friday evening?  I'm fairly certain we have 3 in Me, CEF/Wes, and another guy we run around with in game.

My username for anyone that needs it:
Lextalonis

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sorry, man.  I fell asleep last night.

The 2 nights last week staying up until 2:00 and 3:00 AM playing killed me.  I'm getting old!  I'm only 42!

Just asking again if there's any interest in doing a board run at JT this Friday evening?  I'm fairly certain we have 3 in Me, CEF/Wes, and another guy we run around with in game.

My username for anyone that needs it:
Lextalonis

View Quote
Damn, I'd love to but I'll be out of town.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Can I get an Discord invite link please? Installing today.

Hope by old system can run it.

Request to join the 87th sent.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 12:51:04 AM EDT
[#21]
SO this is how its gonna be....

Make a quick flight to setup controls, land, ship impounded for 5k.

Sweet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:51:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Sent some friend requests out "C********1" to people here. I logged out before 3.15. At this point I have nothing since it's been a while. Been playing flight sims for years and cut my teeth on Descent Freespace. PM Me if I missed you... or you deleted the request and now see this post
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
SO this is how its gonna be....

Make a quick flight to setup controls, land, ship impounded for 5k.

Sweet.
View Quote

Don't land in restricted area.  You shouldn't actually have to pay to reclaim the ship.  There's a timer that will count down to zero.

CEF and I have been mining together in Aaron's Halo.  We've been working two prospectors pretty successfully.  I think we both have quite a few orders being refined.

Here's a picture of us at Hurston selling our goods.

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Don't land in restricted area.  You shouldn't actually have to pay to reclaim the ship.  There's a timer that will count down to zero.

CEF and I have been mining together in Aaron's Halo.  We've been working two prospectors pretty successfully.  I think we both have quite a few orders being refined.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/57e05e534402434aa0f846c2/1492527938759-CKPF0WDSD4THO5Y56587/image-asset.jpeg
View Quote

Hey nice.  Does CEF has his own Prospector now?

I've been less interested in doing combat stuff since I'm working up to a C2 and the game keeps disappearing my guns on ships.  I'm down several S4 repeaters and other small guns and it's getting to the point I am not spending more money to replace them.  I guess some bug where if you repair the ship and store it then the game just zaps the gun off the ship and it's gone forever.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've been less interested in doing combat stuff since I'm working up to a C2 and the game keeps disappearing my guns on ships.  I'm down several S4 repeaters and other small guns and it's getting to the point I am not spending more money to replace them.  I guess some bug where if you repair the ship and store it then the game just zaps the gun off the ship and it's gone forever.
View Quote
Self-destruct.  I got my guns back that way.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/57e05e534402434aa0f846c2/1492527938759-CKPF0WDSD4THO5Y56587/image-asset.jpeg

Yep.  He bought it off the show room floor at New Deal.  Talk about swanky!

I walked him through my loadout of consumables.  We're both running the Lancet Mining Head with the Focus 3 and Torrent 3 modules.  I think he's using the FLTXR (the one that reduces inert material) and I'm actually using the one that slows pickup time but increases the amount you pick up.  I haven't found a good 3rd module yet that I just have to have.

We found a huge field of quant last night in the 4th belt.  We got 3 loads out of that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I walked him through my loadout of consumables.  We're both running the Lancet Mining Head with the Focus 3 and Torrent 3 modules.  I think he's using the FLTXR (the one that reduces inert material) and I'm actually using the one that slows pickup time but increases the amount you pick up.  I haven't found a good 3rd module yet that I just have to have.

We found a huge field of quant last night in the 4th belt.  We got 3 loads out of that.
View Quote
I do a surge consumable as my third. Really speeds up the initial break with an otherwise identical setup to what you have.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Self-destruct.  I got my guns back that way.
View Quote

Has not worked on mine.  I think once they are gone from the equipment manager (the slot is empty) they are just gone.  That's the ship configuration now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's awesome.  We got him out there in a rental one evening so he could get a few loads processing.  We did most of the cracking though, glad he's getting a chance to really practice now with a solid setup!  I like Surge and Stampede.  Gets it done quickly but that's the fun.  Finding the combos you like running.  I'm 2M away from pulling the trigger on a C2.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Ingame is the same here if anyone wants to add me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 1:42:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Can someone send a discord invite my way?

Towely#5106

My fleet so far, plus whatever free stuff I'm still allowed to fly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm sad to say that one of my biggest regrets in life might be not buying a Redeemer when I had the chance.  

I liked that Ion until I saw the nerfs they did.  That ship looked like what I used to build with Legos as a kid.  Just a giant gun platform with wings mounted around it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bwahahaha!
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup, Tons of fun!

Spent some good time with Mithra and Marcus(Grunteled) mining last night as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Towely#5106

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/87488/fleetview_jpg-2237577.JPG
View Quote
Sent you a friend request on discord Towely, DISCIPLE_Wes#2361
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can I get an Discord invite link please? Installing today.

Hope by old system can run it.

Request to join the 87th sent.
View Quote
Hey Spud, got your friend request on SC. Add me on Discord> DISCIPLE_Wes#2361

And anyone else, add me. DISCIPLE_Wes on SC
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Feel free to add me on discord as well: Noctum#4085

Probably gonna melt the ion for now if I can decide on a fighter I like more. Bought it pre-nerf and understand the balance effort, but not even close to the ship I purchased.

I will admit, solo-missileboating with the HH is more fun than it should be.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Towely#5106

View Quote
Real money or aUEC?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

Let me tell you a little bit about how I got into this predicament...

You see, I was QTing to the mining spot, only left the stating a few minutes prior, when all of a sudden the prospector stopped and I kept going...yes, through the front windscreen and into the black abyss. When I spun around and realized i was alone in the darkness of space without said prospector, I took the easy way out and awoke back at the landing. I went to recall my ship but it was still at the station as though it had never left. Called it up to the dock and took off for my corpse that was 10,732K away.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#41]
CEF shows up at the place to buy armor and the NPC guy says "Oh, back again I see."  

I've had that happen once to me but it's enough that every time I hold down "B" to QT I grimace a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
CEF shows up at the place to buy armor and the NPC guy says "Oh, back again I see."  

I've had that happen once to me but it's enough that every time I hold down "B" to QT I grimace a little bit.
View Quote
Bwahahah!

Patch came down and I think got me all jacked up... I got back to port with 27scu of Quant and when I went to store the prospector, it only had "claim" so I did that, lost every bit of Quant...

Figured it was a glitch issues so I shut down and restarted, now RSI Launcher is effing up and I can't get the patch to download right.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Real money or aUEC?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Towely#5106

Real money or aUEC?

I don't want to say.

edit:  Real money...  I figured if I was going to drop a shitpile of money on a capital ship I should probably get the most worthless one there is.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I am out and about, mining around ARC L3 if anyone wants to come with.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:06:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am out and about, mining around ARC L3 if anyone wants to come with.
View Quote

I'll be on in an hour or so.  Gotta go pick my squad up from the mechanic all fresh and..still beat to shit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Pulled my first mission.
Died immediately.
Tried to get back to my corpse, cant QT closer than 126,000km to it.
While trying to figure it out I ejected.
Died.
Respawned at some outpost.
Ran outside to get the ship again and died right away.
Dont have a space suit on.
Alt+F4

I need to slow down and learn the basics lol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Pulled my first mission.
Died immediately.
Tried to get back to my corpse, cant QT closer than 126,000km to it.
While trying to figure it out I ejected.
Died.
Respawned at some outpost.
Ran outside to get the ship again and died right away.
Dont have a space suit on.
Alt+F4

I need to slow down and learn the basics lol.
View Quote

When you die you will respawn in a med bay wearing a hospital gown.

The game 'gifts' you a flight suit and helmet.

The gifted suit and helmet is what I wear 99% of the time.  Unless I'm doing FPS missions or gem mining there's no need for anything else.

Gotta remember to hit 'I' and put your new gear on from your inventory when you die though.

---

There's also a glitch where your corpse will sometimes appear in the middle of the sun.  When that happens your shit is gone forever.  Don't bother trying.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Ah, yes it was in the sun...

As for the flight suit, I have not receive one. Just a gown the last 3 deaths.

I am just now going to buy more shit. So lost.

ETA: Im in New Babbage
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Calm down. I'll come get you and show you the ropes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:36:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent you a friend request.

My ingame name is SavageWhiteDude
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top